Forums

How do we remove a skill?

Smartly

So I am beginning to understand the skill trees and use them effectively.  I have one problem and that is the icons sometime look a lot a like and in a nano second I click the wrong one.  There is one particular skill that has gotten me killed several times in PVP and PVE.  Its called lightning stride.  I scoot out about 8 meters straight ahead.  In PVP it moves me away from my target, which is bad for an assassin.  In PVE I usually slide into more mobs behind my target.

Simple question is, how do I get rid of this skill?  I open my martial tome and I try various options and I can seem to figure out how to remove it.  Does anyone know?

ReLtNIT.jpg

3 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Stop using it... You can't remove it, so you should just learn how NOT to use it. Be more aware of your available skills and stop spamming.

tl;dr

git gud

... I'm sorry

Please only respond with an answer to the question asked.  If it can't be removed then state that.

if the skill is getting you killed when you don't mean to use it then I suggest reading the skill description and seeing what the prerequisites for the skill being active are and keep in mind that your RB skill will change to that when those are circumstances are met. After that it's just being mindful of what order you activate your skills.

5 minutes ago, Smartly said:

Yeah I like games where I can customize skills.  Don't like a skill take it out. BnS is not for me.  Have fun guys.

U cannot remove skills (idk y u would) u jus have to not use it yea i can agree that for certain skills on the same button (ex FMs Fury and dragons) it can be hard to use the right one however u can learn to use not use it and spam which is sometimes good but u jus gotta wait like a sec and look at the skill.  You must have VERY high standards if ur quitting for one little thing...

Hope i helped

I get it.  Thanks guys really.  It took me a while to figure out what the heck was making me do this.  Its a combo of the 2 key (decoy) and RMB (Lightning stride).  I love decoy.  I also like using my right mouse button for heart stab.  Really its this whole new targeting system and this added in on top of it, makes my head spin.  Too much to keep track of and way too fast.  If I could get rid of that one skill that I don't like, I think I could adapt.  BUt I can't.

As it stands its really too much and I'll never be able to keep up with those who are good at the game.  Don't get me wrong BnS is a great game overall.  But this is a killing point for me.  The learning curve just went negative.  The amount of time and effort it would take to retrain my brain, I might as well take martial art classes and do it for real.

I'll never get good at this game. Done and over.  As it stand in this state BnS is not for everyone.  I'd like to figure out how to forward this information to the development team.  Really, I'd keep playing if I could drop that skill.  But I can't drop this skill and I don't think I'll ever be able to adapt my brain to that level of awareness and coordination in such a short time span (like in a pvp battle). 

My arena's are like 9 wins to 18 losses.  All of them were very close, and this little mistake was made several times.  I now know what it is and why, but I doubt I'll ever be able to avoid it completely.  Its really a brain mapping between right and left hands.  I like to decoy and use "F" if it pops, if not then left or right mouse to attack.  I have a razor naga and razor orb weaver and have mapped the keys to keep everything in fingers reach.

Its not like I didn't try I gave it my best and the game is just simply not for me in its current control and skill set functionality.

You might not be able to remove it, but you might be able to spec that skill so it is more compatible with your play style.  Some skill trees dramatically change the mechanics of a skill.

What I do is move the UI buttons that I need to pay attention to, Tab and F for FM, so I can see when the skills are available.  You might consider moving the RMB to the middle of the screen so it is easier to see.  After you get used to it, you can move it back down.

well you can remove an improved skill of the current skill given on your hot bar  but you can not remove the skill which is tied to your class the core combat is based on chaining skill together so the skill you are trying to remove might be tied your other skills but i could be wrong :D

Archived