Forums

Remove Force Masters

DisplayKappa

Force Masters are far from OP in this patch. In fact I'd classify them as food as a Blade Master main. Hell the last one I met in the arena...I made them rage hard enough to get hate mail since I 100-0'd them. Counter-less class is funny.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Scorpaeon said:

Are you kidding me? You have to be kidding me. No one in their right mine considers FM a faceroll class, you just got outskilled. FM in PvP has the largest learning curve, harder than that of KFM (In pvp.) No way, no way, no way. FM who got that good, earned it. lol OP? .. no

eek, i wouldn't say they're harder than kfm.. lol

Highest I've achieved in 1v1 is 1699 on my FM. Then I proceed to lose 4 straight versus Destroyers and cry myself to sleep. FM truly are a gimped class in this patch, but if played properly can beat [most] classes.

1 hour ago, Whyte said:

Highest I've achieved in 1v1 is 1699 on my FM. Then I proceed to lose 4 straight versus Destroyers and cry myself to sleep. FM truly are a gimped class in this patch, but if played properly can beat [most] classes.

I feel your pain, I got out of silver last night .. Decided to play around in Gold teir this morning, got my butt stomped back into silver ... FM is not OP, are there ANY FM in Diamond yet?

I didn't know FM kept assassins from hiding, but they are not op. In this patch all classes have a counter to them rather than everything being equal. FM are almost useless against Blade masters. If you can parry force masters will have very little options. 

38 minutes ago, Maeyamada said:

I didn't know FM kept assassins from hiding, but they are not op. In this patch all classes have a counter to them rather than everything being equal. FM are almost useless against Blade masters. If you can parry force masters will have very little options. 

Except FM can easily beat BM's if you know how. The parry isnt an issue. 

As a KFM, I've lost every single match against a FM and I'm currently at gold. I can beat just about every other class with relative ease, but these guys definitely feel like they need some kind of nerf for PvP.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have so many stuns/roots, after I use my break I'm just rooted down again and forced to counter a barrage of spells until it's available again. If I get close they just use their grab and toss me back.

2 minutes ago, Utage said:

As a KFM, I've lost every single match against a FM and I'm currently at gold. I can beat just about every other class with relative ease, but these guys definitely feel like they need some kind of nerf for PvP.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have so many stuns/roots, after I use my break I'm just rooted down again and forced to counter a barrage of spells until it's available again. If I get close they just use their grab and toss me back.

So if you can beat every class except FM easily, then they nerf FM (which they wont) and now you can faceroll everyone, what would that make you? I mean think about it ... If no one can beat you, what does that make you? 

Everyone is supposed to have difficult and easier match ups. Destroyers and LBM have an advantage over FM. FM has an advantage over SMN. Our ability against KFM and BM is average at best. Plenty of KFM have kicked my rear end.

5 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

So if you can beat every class except FM easily, then they nerf FM (which they wont) and now you can faceroll everyone, what would that make you? I mean think about it ... If no one can beat you, what does that make you? 

Everyone is supposed to have difficult and easier match ups. Destroyers and LBM have an advantage over FM. FM has an advantage over SMN. Our ability against KFM and BM is average at best. Plenty of KFM have kicked my rear end.

I never said I never lost or just steamrolled. I said I can beat most other classes, including my own, with "relative" ease. I was just pointing that out so as to say that I'm not someone who just went into PvP for his first time yesterday, and lost a few matches against an FM and went on the forums to complain.

And it shouldn't be that way, should it? Every class should have an equal odds of winning against the other, not a game of rock paper scissors hoping you get a class that's weak against you.

18 minutes ago, Utage said:

Every class should have an equal odds of winning against the other, not a game of rock paper scissors hoping you get a class that's weak against you.

To do this, you would need to have all classes exactly the same - not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Utage said:

I never said I never lost or just steamrolled. I said I can beat most other classes, including my own, with "relative" ease. I was just pointing that out so as to say that I'm not someone who just went into PvP for his first time yesterday, and lost a few matches against an FM and went on the forums to complain.

And it shouldn't be that way, should it? Every class should have an equal odds of winning against the other, not a game of rock paper scissors hoping you get a class that's weak against you.

And it isn't that way, you just haven't figured out how to deal with a FM effectively yet. I get spanked by KFM all the time. What makes them and different than you? They are using the same class. In every fighting game you have good and bad matchups, these are not impossible fights, watch any Streetfighter championship video. You will have people in this game that choose classes based on difficulty and satisfaction of mastering said class, not because of some "same numbers, different attacks, that are actually the same attacks" kind of balance. People want to point at FM because Jaesung, a Korean Esport "superstar" plays FM and scores top tier, so it must be overpowered right? He was an anomaly because for everyone else the class under performed in the arena, he just proved he could make that work, which got a lot of people on the FM is OP bandwagon. You picked the most challenge class to play, its right in the description, but in the end when you master it you will have so much more bragging rights than anyone else in the game, period.

TL;DR version: Keep practicing, and it will get easier .. You do have the tools to take out FM, you just need more practice.

Also currently, I went to the KR leader boards to see who was first place atm. It was a Blademaster. Granted they are into level 50 content, but its just some food for thought.

34 minutes ago, Utage said:

As far as I'm aware, FM is a bit of a counter to KFM. Also you can't expect to run a single spec against every class and win. I personally change mine against every class I play against...which makes my decision in tag play really difficult....

1 hour ago, Whyte said:

Except FM can easily beat BM's if you know how. The parry isnt an issue. 

Please explain. As a Blade Master, I currently see Force Masters as free wins because they are. What is your secret plan that every other Force Master I've run into has not employed?

zzzzzzzzz

While 'remove' may be a bit hyperbole, I can see what OP means.

Maybe it's because I'm a KFM, but it's almost physically impossible to get near a FM because they attack from range and keep freezing me. Constantly.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:26 PM, Propheta said:

Jeasong is widely considered a phenomenon since he is the only force master anywhere near the top 30, notice the next force master is rank 49, that isn't a coincidence. It isn't a strong class, but just like anything, if you work hard enough, and get good enough, you can use/do whatever you want.

Do you have a link for those leaderboards?

The only one I can find has a FM at 8 and 12 (Fall Season leaderboards I believe).

4 hours ago, DREAMWERK said:

Honestly you're just bad, you *cricket*ed up so many abilities and combo windows it's painful to watch.

don't hate, I was agains't FM, I usually play flawlessly and predict my opponent.

But pleas,e don't hesitate, give feedback on how to face a FM Freeze.

22 minutes ago, RavTH said:

don't hate, I was agains't FM, I usually play flawlessly and predict my opponent.

But pleas,e don't hesitate, give feedback on how to face a FM Freeze.

No you don't, if you would play flawlessly you'd be at diamond rank instead of being stuck at silver.

As for feedback, learning how do you basic swap combo is a good start.

Archived