Stuck At Splash Screen

Nirvanas

I made a post last night regarding this issue, and the moderators closed my thread on account that the problem was that the server was currently down. However, I have tried to start up the game multiple times on three separate occasions, once two nights ago, last night, and right now, and I never made it past the splash page below:

53e89cbb615848f4664fb05097ff24e2.jpg

Any suggestions / ideas as to what the issue might be?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but I have recently run into the same issue. I have tried starting BnS multiple times, have scanned the files a few times and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice but, to no avail. The issue seems to have started after the latest ".net" framework update of windows from 4/2019. This is NOT the only game affected.  Also, Bless online fails at the splash screen, Tera will start but crashes upon NPC interaction, Neverwinter will not start as well. Therefore I am assuming it is something having to do with windows. Might anyone be able to shed some light on this problem?

What version of Windows do you have? I'm on windows 10 1803 and I'm having no problems with this game. You may also want to send a support ticket, and while at it, checking your pc for things like drivers, open background programs, and even a malware check just in case.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809, AMD FX 8320 Eight core 3.51 GHz, 8gb ram. Did malware and virus scan and made sure all was updated. All my drivers are up to date even according to hardware websites. What running background programs should I look for?

The 1809 update was installed on 05/14 which is about the time I started having issues.

1 hour ago, Beaumagi said:

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809, AMD FX 8320 Eight core 3.51 GHz, 8gb ram. Did malware and virus scan and made sure all was updated. All my drivers are up to date even according to hardware websites. What running background programs should I look for?

The 1809 update was installed on 05/14 which is about the time I started having issues.

Hmm. 1809 is the now notorious Windows October update. Fire up your favorite search engine (not Bing, though) and look for news about it to see what I'm talking about. So unless you are desperate to play now, you can wait for 1903 which is just around the corner. Also, see if you can roll back that .net framework update and see if the games start again. If all else fails and you can't wait for 1903 (which is being used right now by people who allowed the Insider program in their PCs, but I'm not sure if it's on inner or outer ring testing atm), you may want to try a fresh installation of an older version of Windows 10. Depending on your PC, you may have a recovery partition. If yes, try going for that, unless your computer is old and the recovery is of windows 8 or 7 or older, or if you built your PC yourself and you don't have any recovery discs or partitions made.

Either way, any recovery option will not redownload 1809 because Micro$oft killed it off their list of things to infect PCs with. So at least if you can go back, you will be auto updated at most to 1803.

As for background programs, I'd say look for things you installed yourself that are not fresh from Windows. Certain programs default to "start with Windows". So go to your task manager and check what's on your start up tab. At minimum, make sure you don't have a ridiculous amount of programs listed there. My own current list has 9 programs, so anything more than 20 I believe is reason to worry and start cleaning down.

You can roll back from 1809 to 1803 only if 10 days have not passed after the update. Otherwise, Windows deletes the old version's files.

Edited by Hanuku