Servers and Queues - Not a rage complaint

SuperSwineEU

I like that you're trying to fix the queue problems but giving us even more servers won't fix anything.

Instead of wasting your hardware and money on making new servers just raise the capacity in the existing ones.

I'm sure everyone agrees with me on this.

We like to play in crowded servers mainly because there's more chances of getting a group or maybe because that channel was chosen by our clan leaders or just because we wanna play with our friends (if they were already there and in a somewhat high level).

People won't just delete their characters to start in a new server just because you're making new ones ...

As said in the title, not a complaint. Just an observation.

They have already stated multiple times that they can't just "raise the cap" on the existing ones. The cap was tested during BETA on all servers, and if they raise it any more, the servers will be laggy and possibly crash all the time.

As I tell everyone, the issue is NOT that easy to fix. There is NO magic button hidden in NCSoft's server room that can instantly fix all problems!

The fact is that there is a much bigger audience for the game than they originally planned, so adding more servers is really the only thing they can do right now to shut people up.

Your options to combat the queue times are:
1. Choose another server
2. Buy premium
3. Wait a week or two until the hype dies down
4. Keep complaining until you're out of tears (which won't change anything at all)

3 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

They have already stated multiple times that they can't just "raise the cap" on the existing ones. The cap was tested during BETA on all servers, and if they raise it any more, the servers will be laggy and possibly crash all the time.

As I tell everyone, the issue is NOT that easy to fix. There is NO magic button hidden in NCSoft's server room that can instantly fix all problems!

The fact is that there is a much bigger audience for the game than they originally planned, so adding more servers is really the only thing they can do right now to shut people up.

Your options to combat the queue times are:
1. Choose another server
2. Buy premium
3. Wait a week or two until the hype dies down
4. Keep complaining until you're out of tears

You forgot #5, really crack down on the bots entering the game.

Just now, .x. said:

You forgot #5, really crack down on the bots entering the game.

They are cracking down on bots, the problem is that once you get rid of one bot, two more show up in its place.

Again, it's NOT as easy as you think, people! If you think the solution is so easy, go open up your own MMO publishing business and/or create your own game!

3 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Again, YOU CANNOT JUST SIMPLY RAISE THE CAP!

Lol, READ what is being said!

Technically you can but it doesn't fix the issue of increased lag/amount of players logging in at one time. Other games have increased capacity before without merging servers but that's a band aid, not an absolute solution. They need to implement restrictions on chat functions and spam limitations which won't remove bots but will impede their reliance on spam advertisements. Other games have implemented chat restrictions such as a limit on how often one can post a message in trade chat or limiting the amount of times one can simply type one message right after another. People should be posting feedback and solutions not telling others that "it's hard to do this and that" or "There's no simple fix." 

As for the amount of bots taking up server space, one thing I can think of is a limit to how often characters can be deleted over the course of time. I know there is a time limit based on a character's level until it can be deleted and I believe for a character around level 1-5ish it's less than 10 mins but maybe have it to where you can delete 1 or 2 characters a week. This could help alleviate bots making new characters on the fly which would also help with their spam after they are reported/blocked by X amount of players. This would punish people who like to play new classes or made a slight mistake in character creation but it would benefit others greatly, in my opinion. These are my ideas on how to help with the spam/queue. Maybe someone else has a better one?

1 minute ago, Skarwind said:

Technically you can but it doesn't fix the issue of increased lag/amount of players logging in at one time. Other games have increased capacity before without merging servers but that's a band aid, not an absolute solution. They need to implement restrictions on chat functions and spam limitations which won't remove bots but will impede their reliance on spam advertisements. Other games have implemented chat restrictions such as a limit on how often one can post a message in trade chat or limiting the amount of times one can simply type one message right after another. People should be posting feedback and solutions not telling others that "it's hard to do this and that" or "There's no simple fix." 

As for the amount of bots taking up server space, one thing I can think of is a limit to how often characters can be deleted over the course of time. I know there is a time limit based on a character's level until it can be deleted and I believe for a character around level 1-5ish it's less than 10 mins but maybe have it to where you can delete 1 or 2 characters a week. This could help alleviate bots making new characters on the fly which would also help with their spam after they are reported/blocked by X amount of players. This would punish people who like to play new classes or made a slight mistake in character creation but it would benefit others greatly, in my opinion. These are my ideas on how to help with the spam/queue. Maybe someone else has a better one?

Right, I understand, I just didn't type the whole sentence. It should have said "you cannot just simply raise the cap [without having other issues]"

Also, you do realize that we are a bunch of civilian gamers trying to tell a bunch of computer programmers and technicians how to do their jobs? I'm sure they know what needs to be done, and I'm sure they are working on it as we speak. The problem is that people want an instant fix, but that won't and can't happen. These issues are issues that need to be worked out over time, not over night. A lot of these suggestions seem great, and I'm sure the devs think so too, but I can guarantee you that they probably already thought of that a long time ago.

Archived