Sign in to follow this  
Lindsae

Perseverance and sword shroud?

Lindsae   

Blademaster's block stage 3 unlocks perseverance and a context skill Sword Shroud. What do those do?

And what's repulse? There's a destroyer skill called "gale force" that only activates on "repulse" critical hit. Now i know we still can't learn gale force but it'd be nice to know what repulse is for when we can.

n1hl0   

Perseverance:

Blocks attacks for 4 seconds while you are on the ground

Sword Shroud:

Tooltip: User and nearby party members are resistant to damage, status effects

What it feels like: You Block melee hits for all party members that are in the aoe

Medeis   

Sword Shroud is probably the best utility skill in the game. It's a party barrier for those within range that resists any and all types of damage and cc up to 3 hits or over 5 seconds. It's a life saver in many 50 cap endgame dungeon mechanics and probably one of my favorite skills in the game. Essential for any bm that does pve on a regular basis. 

Edit: I was referring to the next step down, winged protector. Sword shroud seems to be a one hit use version of the same skill though. 

Edited by Medeis

Its a block that seems to absorb multiple hits for those who stand in it. Its not a resist so it will not protect against red AOE only things blocks will let you avoid. yellow AOE, basic attacks and what not. RED aoe is only ever prevented via resists which besides FM I cant think off the top of my head of a class who can share it. It lets smart group mates sit in yellow AOE in order to keep DPSing however so personally I think its great. Been using it a lot in BSH/night shade harbor to deal with the AOE on the last guy. He has a lot of non red hits that hurt like hell you can use it to cheese for people.

Edited by MockingbirdXIV