Aleoniz

Oceanic Server hosted from NA? NCSOFT?

Aleoniz   

Question: Considering there are even more servers coming online in the next few days, could one of the be listed as an Oceanic server?

This was done on wow long ago to gauge Oceanic interest and whether it would be beneficial to in fact host a server in Oceania. I've read countless posts about granting an oceanic server and reply's from a branch manager questioning the profit in such a endeavor and requiring hard data. I can quite honestly say it is extremely unlikely anyone, legal entity or not, going to invest time to provide this data other than you're own company. Its just not profitable for anyone other than you're self to do. Even though this is not going to provide you perfect data, it at least provides a means determine the potential and make a logical and educated decision.

Many people and communities including myself are looking for a hub or base for us players from Oce. This would be, simply amazing for us. There are a few guilds and unoficial gatherings on Mush, Hong and other servers. I cannot speak for everyone but myself, i would join this in a heartbeat. The same as i did on wow. 

Would this not be a realistic and essentially free way to test interest and potential profit? Not to mention the ease of removing the Oceania tag on the server if shit goes south. Granted some will join the server just for less que time. If you base an the expectation off the previously launched servers, the amount would likely not be large (I've never been in que, even in peak US time on a Saturday). 

Apologies for the slight wall of text. Enjoy you're time on B&S!

KokoLoco   

I read it somewhere yesterday that they already consider that although they still need to see how big the playerbase from ASIA/OCEANIA before proceed to accept the proposal ...... or something along those line.

Aleoniz   

2 minutes ago, KokoLoco said:

I read it somewhere yesterday that they already consider that although they still need to see how big the playerbase from ASIA/OCEANIA before proceed to accept the proposal ...... or something along those line.

Would this be an acceptable middle ground for the time being? thoughts?

KokoLoco   
14 minutes ago, Aleoniz said:

Would this be an acceptable middle ground for the time being? thoughts?

i'm not sure about the statement myself because when i read it i just passing by to see the comments.

I think NCSoft answered this in their Facebook page in one of their recent ( 2 Days ago i think ) post

Aleoniz   
58 minutes ago, KokoLoco said:

i'm not sure about the statement myself because when i read it i just passing by to see the comments.

I think NCSoft answered this in their Facebook page in one of their recent ( 2 Days ago i think ) post

could you link?

omeed   

Hi there,

We are considering it, but there are currently no plans for this. To give you some context, we only have the publishing rights for North America and Europe at the moment, so there is a process for us to go through if we did decide on this. 

There are definitely some very passionate players from that area - and we appreciate them - but it's a much larger conversation for the company. 

edit: Oh sorry. Tired and didn't read it correctly. I can ask about this, but my guess is that, at this point, it would just create frustration, since we can't do character transfers for everyone that already picked a server. Also, there wouldn't be any improvement in service between that server and the others, since they'd all be in the same place. 

Edited by omeed
tired!

Actually, I don't think it is about better service - it would just be nice to have a server that all of us located in the Oceanic areas could congregate if we so choose.  I wouldn't even need a server transfer, I would be happy to just reroll on a designated server.

From what I've seen a lot of Oceanic based folks are located in Poharan, but the queues there are killing me.  If anyone knows another good place for Oceanic players to congregate, I would love to hear about it.  One of the four new servers might be a good place to try.

2 minutes ago, jomoroon said:

Whats the limitation on these character transfers?

I think they did limited server transfers for players who bought founders packs, but really wanted to get off the overcrowded Mushin server.

Aleoniz   
30 minutes ago, omeed said:

Hi there,

We are considering it, but there are currently no plans for this. To give you some context, we only have the publishing rights for North America and Europe at the moment, so there is a process for us to go through if we did decide on this. 

There are definitely some very passionate players from that area - and we appreciate them - but it's a much larger conversation for the company. 

edit: Oh sorry. Tired and didn't read it correctly. I can ask about this, but my guess is that, at this point, it would just create frustration, since we can't do character transfers for everyone that already picked a server. Also, there wouldn't be any improvement in service between that server and the others, since they'd all be in the same place. 

It would be mutually beneficial though, I'm sure most people would not mind re-rolling with the Oce community, i for one would not. It provides you some data to look at and base you're "process" on, for us it provides an actual show of good faith, something rather lacking from most corp entities. More importantly to me, it allows NCSOFT to give the Oce community a solid analysed answer based on data you received from the Oce player base. If the outcome is a no go, I'm fairly certain the majority could accept it. I don't want to repeat myself here but it would likely be a good no-mans land for the time being.

edit: Regarding servers, I'm reluctant to oppose the idea that anyone who is currently on the most populated servers and from Oce, would not immediately bail if a server was tagged Oceanic. The Que times on the main ones is still insane. Considering a very small amount of people have actually left the main servers it would likely help the population distribution issues as well. 

We all know the ping isn't going to change, wow still hosted the oceanic servers in the US and yet they where always used instead of the Us servers. most of us use a booster to play. This is not the issue I'm addressing.

Imagine attempting to group content when its 6:30pm, you've just got home from work and its 1:30am server time. It sucks, there is no social aspect.

Edited by Aleoniz
Also tired XD

Renegade   

well i dunno... this might be just how i have seen things that have been said about this topic

it seem that if you are not from NA or EU then they just simply dont give a *cricket* about you

im from Australia too and to me this sounds like a very good idea based of the fact that we have already been told by staff that its a numbers thing and they need to know if the numbers from our region will be able to support the release of servers here, Wouldnt this be a step in the right direction to get these said numbers?

we were also told to start a petition about the matter of getting atleast A server for OCE/SEA players but to me this has been ignored (hold food in front of a horse to keep it busy running) Also since we were told to start a petition we havent been told about what kind of benchmark number you are actually looking for, would be nice to know the amount of players from our region currently playing this game.

and as stated above, not being able to have a marked server that we can all head to and play with people in our timeline sorta makes the game experience less enjoyable i guess you can say. Im also not sure how making 1 server for these reasons would create frustration, if you could clear this up and help me understand that would be nice ( not trying to be a dick)

Edited by Renegade

Gershwin   

omeed is right,  I v chosen a server and made progress(Poharan) which was discuss before the game went live.  Its the unofficial oceania server. 

Cjoosing an official one now does not make sense

Renegade   
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

omeed is right,  I v chosen a server and made progress(Poharan) which was discuss before the game went live.  Its the unofficial oceania server. 

Cjoosing an official one now does not make sense

Soha, Poharan, Mushin all had Unoffical tags on them by players for AUS / SEA

what is being said here is if a server was marked as AUS most would re-roll, new players would join it, thus giving a better estimation of the number of players for our region

Gershwin   
Just now, Renegade said:

Soha, Poharan, Mushin all had Unoffical tags on them by players for AUS / SEA

what is being said here is if a server was marked as AUS most would re-roll, new players would join it, thus giving a better estimation of the number of players for our region

True which one should be marked official on the server list???

Renegade   
Just now, Gershwin said:

True which one should be marked official on the server list???

any of these said new ones they are releasing, name wouldnt matter just the tag would

Gershwin   
Just now, Renegade said:

any of these said new ones they are releasing, name wouldnt matter just the tag would

okay but what do the other oceanias do??? stick to there server or reroll???

Renegade   
6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

okay but what do the other oceanias do??? stick to there server or reroll???

they can do as they please, this just doesnt apply to who is already in the game as i said before.

dont forget this game has not been advertised in our region so atm no its not a well known game for our regions

but the devs want numbers.. this is one way of getting what they say they need no?

re-rolling doesnt mean deleting you characters you have made on other regions, but could make an alt character on a tagged OCE/SEA server and play with people in the same timeline. 

people may choose to re-roll some may choose to stay on the current server they are playing on, but new players will join the game over time, maybe not in the short term but in the months to come just tagging a server will no doubt give better numbers to the Dev team on how many of us there actually is.

another way would be checking IP's maybe? not sure if they have done this as no word on this matter has ever been made public.

Gershwin   
6 hours ago, Renegade said:

they can do as they please, this just doesnt apply to who is already in the game as i said before.

dont forget this game has not been advertised in our region so atm no its not a well known game for our regions

but the devs want numbers.. this is one way of getting what they say they need no?

re-rolling doesnt mean deleting you characters you have made on other regions, but could make an alt character on a tagged OCE/SEA server and play with people in the same timeline. 

people may choose to re-roll some may choose to stay on the current server they are playing on, but new players will join the game over time, maybe not in the short term but in the months to come just tagging a server will no doubt give better numbers to the Dev team on how many of us there actually is.

another way would be checking IP's maybe? not sure if they have done this as no word on this matter has ever been made public.

True, It would be good for new players and a sense of how many peeps are playing from oceania or in the oceania  primeteime.  I suppose we will just hve to wait and see. 

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/159048-some-basic-ettiquette-for-foreign-players-on-tw-server/page__st__20

SEA/Oceanic server case needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Highlight 1:

- Having problems trying to assimilate with the native server.

- Native server players are annoyed whenever there's a surge of english/foreign language in the faction in game chat.

- Having 10-20 players responding to each other in faction chat arises conflict between native players and foreigners.

- The above link can show u how intense it is.

- Happens nearly everyday now.

Highlight 2:

- There's a big demand for SEA/Oceanic server right now as there are always requests for english speaking guild in TW server every few hours.

- And these people tend to spam the faction chat for guilds which also contributes to Highlight 1.

Highlight 3: - just personal whining

- Invested in Master's Pack for NA prior release - only to find the ping is too high for me to play. My mistake.

- Invested 5k Ncoins in TW server - only to find myself unable to assimilate with the local community. Another misstep.

Am willing to put this all behind me if there's  a SEA/Oceanic server running for players such as myself.

Ncsoft.. looking forward to ur reply.

Edited by Sugarmonkii