Extremely shady stuff from NCsoft

Zuidokas

So, i bought 2 name change vauchers because i wanted to swap names of my characters. I used 1 name change to free up the name and when i wanted to give the name to new character, it said name is unavailable. So i made a ticket about it and got this reply:

Aldrin (Blade and Soul)
Jan 23, 02:07

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience that had caused you. Unfortunately, the name you have changed is locked due to the Name Change Voucher. At this time, the lockout is for 1 year. No one will have access to that name, including your account.

As of now, the Support Team cannot override this lock. However, we are working to resolve this.
Once we come up with a solution, we'll contact you with more information.

Thank you for your understanding and patience, in this matter.

Regards,
Aldrin
NCSOFT Support Team

YOU COULD AT LEAST PUT A WARNING THAT THE NAME WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR 1 WHOLE YEAR!

I wasted NCoins on 2 name change vauchers and lost my main name in process.

Thanks NCsoft....

Its unfortunate, but calling it shady is a little overboard, they are communicating with you, told you they are working on a solution, and that they will contact you when they have it. What more do you want from them exactly?

It is likely just a default. What they should have done is remove name change vouchers before launch if they were unprepared. I don't think it is shady, nor do I think this is the support team's issue to deal with. The support team can only tell you to wait while the devs fix it.

Professionally speaking, they can refund your Name Change Vouchers or your Ncoins for the Inconvenience..... It is the lack of information.

I wish and i hope they can refund your item or ncoins.

Thank you for sharing.! I will avoid this same mistake!

NCSoft shady? No fuking way! Let's segregate all the servers and make a huge waiting line for people to login, just so we can capitalize on users buying premium membership and in 8 months combine all the servers because we can tell everyone we want to make the servers more competitive in covering up that the game is dying.

NCSoft shady? Never! Oh wait they did that in lineage and Aion.

You paid for a name change though, you didn't pay for a guarantee you would get the name you then wanted. There is no issue with the name change voucher itself, or the process of it, the issue is that you expected to be able to juggle names a certain way and couldn't. Support are assisting you with that in the best way they can.

1 minute ago, KingXcon said:

Professionally speaking, they can refund your Name Change Vouchers or your Ncoins for the Inconvenience..... It is the lack of information.

I wish and i hope they can refund your item or ncoins.

Thank you for sharing.! I will avoid this same mistake!

Yes, thank you its good to know.  If its any consolation, you have sacrificed yourself for the rest of us.  You sir, are a martyr.

/bows

Please test other things out for us and let us know k

5 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

Yes, thank you its good to know.  If its any consolation, you have sacrificed yourself for the rest of us.  You sir, are a martyr.

/bows

Please test other things out for us and let us know k

8585867.jpg

Just ask for a refund.  It seems they are having issues with a lot of these type things and your not the only one.  I guess they are trying to fix or resolve some of these issues.  But in the meantime just ask for a refund and go make a different name.  It's not shady its just they have admitted they have an issue and are working on it.

Hey there, 

There's nothing shady going on. The 1-year name hold is (to us) a strange policy. It has been working fine in Korea all this time - but we were surprised to find out about it, as it's a little different than the usual. It's one of those things we didn't find out about until people started doing name changes. :)

Work with customer service and they'll get it taken care of or get you a refund.  

Wow, glad to see this thread, very unusual!

Thanks omeed for responding.

And my experiences with the customer support for this game at this time have all been very positive, so hopefully OP can get this resolved.

Thank you omeed.  I think NCSoft has been doing a great job identifying all of the problems and trying to resolve them in a timely manner.  Then again, Tinfoil hats can be quite fashionable and they do seem to be all the rage on this forum but I don't wear them :)

My friggin god NcSoft it takes 5 friggin minutes to do this.

Get one of your on site whatever language developers for websites or ANYTHING and tell them to log into your databases search the name, change the field corresponding to 1 year to 5 minutes. Problem solved. For this guy. Then tell said developer to change the SQL querry responsible for name change voucher use to change it to 5 minutes instead of 1 year. If this is somewhat too much for said developer look up a goddam SQL 101 tutorial on the internet. What do you mean you have no means to fix this? What the hell? Say it clearly, WE DONT GIVE A DAMN.

It would be a lot simpler if the game uses a two-layer identification system. Account/Player ID(this would be like your social security number for your account) and then Character ID (Your character name, but not necessarily unique yourself and other players can have the same name as your character). Phantasy Star Online 2 uses this system I don't understand why BnS cant adopt this as well? To me this whole name reservation scheme looks to be another market tactic to sell you the rights to neat Letters and Numbers...

Pro tip, don't spend money on a just released game/product unless you are prepared to basically throw that money away or have a large disposable income.  Always wait a few weeks before taking the dive in something new if you are concerned about possibly not getting what you payed for or not having your expectations met.

2 hours ago, omeed said:

Hey there, 

There's nothing shady going on. The 1-year name hold is (to us) a strange policy. It has been working fine in Korea all this time - but we were surprised to find out about it, as it's a little different than the usual. It's one of those things we didn't find out about until people started doing name changes. :)

Work with customer service and they'll get it taken care of or get you a refund.  

If we open a ticket about it, would you guys be able to free up the name that's supposed to be locked for a year? Or only refunds?

Archived