WoW Vs. BnS

Precipice

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played wow vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata then i stoped. Skiped mop and played wod for a couple of days could not stand it. I saw over the years what was happening to wow, in vanilla you rly needed to work for your gear pve and pvp. There was ppl who never owned epics. I worked many months for tier1 and then again tier2 and so on. In wotlk it all changed quick and in cata with raidfinder everyone owned epics. I liked that if i invested time and practice i could be separeted from the masses people could se just by looking at me i spent time and was a good pve player no need to even inspect my charactar. Now they just throw epics around and everyone are the same just like mindless minions running around. I like bns played nonstop since release love the combat gearing could have been more like wow in terms of armor pices and stuff. But hey u cant have it all. BnS arena and ranking is also fun imo.. just my 2 cents 

• 2 years later...

Hello! This is a very old post but i dont give  a darn.

I still play WoW from time to time and i picked up this game very recently.
 I love WoW cuz i spent 12+ years in that game and did PvP like a mad man.

But dude. Blade and soul is a very refreshing game to play.

The combat is fast phased and very different from WoW's. I like it.

The atmosphere is also very easy on the eys.
You get my point.

I have only played this game for 2-3 weeks. But it feels like i will stay! 

Haven't been online on WoW for days.
Going for a subscription on this game soon.

• 9 months later...

Frankly to me WoW is what ruined the MMO genre and BnS is what saved it from what WoW made the genre become. WoW have introduced graphics and thus stole players from all the other mmos from its time, Tibia, Conquer, Ragnarok, etc, but it was also the less fun game at the time: mindless questing, slow walking, level cap, teamwork. People played it because its graphics was way superior to anything at the time, its combat system was called "active" and because people felt it would be a big game they could bury their lifes into. But, because of its size, nothing good could prosper and thus WoW has built a loyal base as it was almost a monopoly for a very long time. However, with time, much better games came out, with everything better. But because the genre was so monopolized for so long, the genre was dead and people just kept playing WoW. Until some really impressive games came out, bringing public from the pre-WoW era that were playing other genres (like myself) and even some tired WoW players. BnS to me appealed with its exciting mobility that allows sprinting, high jumping, climbing on houses and trees burying (for me) the dull old gameplay WoW has forced upon the genre. Other stuff like ost, scenery, story and characters also was, to me, a huge plus. Hopefully now more and more good, high mobility and beautiful games will sprout. 

Archived