WoW Vs. BnS

Precipice

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoW sucks ass now.

I played it for a few years back in it's prime but ever since Cataclysm I have had no plans to ever go back to that game again.
Blade and Soul is a nice breath of fresh air that actually tried new things and strayed away from the norm.

It offered more than the current mmos out there. Better story, and quest fueled leveling. Loot was also made to feel much more important, color coded, tier sets. Back then it was a rush getting those boss drops. Not to mention mounts. Back then = Vanilla 

8 minutes ago, Sinns said:

It offered more than the current mmos out there. Better story, and quest fueled leveling. Loot was also made to feel much more important, color coded, tier sets. Back then it was a rush getting those boss drops. Not to mention mounts. Back then = Vanilla 

Your statements are very subjective. I don't see anything as indicating of cutting edge so much as personal preference. Everquest had all of those things.

Just now, Chayna said:

Your statements are very subjective. I would say anything are indicating of cutting edge so much as personal preference. Everquest had all of those things.

Everquest really didn't, WoW took what worked from Everquest and improved it significantly. As far as my personal preferences, I'm just stating my opinion as a old person thats played too many games lol. Feel free to disregard it.

4 minutes ago, Sinns said:

Everquest really didn't, WoW took what worked from Everquest and improved it significantly. As far as my personal preferences, I'm just stating my opinion as a old person thats played too many games lol. Feel free to disregard it.

I've played many games as well. I disagree with the statement Everquest didn't. I can say by the time I played WoW it felt like a watered down rehash of everything I had already played. I saw no improvement, only that it was easier. That was 5 years ago.

I NEVER PLAYED WOW AND THANK GOD I DID NOT WASTE MY TIME ON THAT SHITTY GAME

OH U DID THIS WELL HERE IS A WEP FOR U OH U DID THAT WELL HERE U WON A RARE WEPON

THAT EVERY ONE HAVE ( HOW THE HELL IS IT RARE IF EVERY ONE HAVE IT LOL ).

GUILD WAR 1 RULE, GUILD WAR 2 SUCK CAUSE THE PEOPLE OF WOW MADE GUILD WAR 2 :)

2 minutes ago, Chayna said:

I've played many games as well. I disagree with the statement Everquest didn't. I can say by the time I played WoW it felt like a watered down rehash of everything I had already played. I saw no improvement, only that it was easier. That was 5 years ago.

So you started playing halfway through it's current lifespan and you're trying to argue about what it was like at launch? I played it for a little bit a year ago because my girlfriend loves the game. Couldn't stand it. Doesn't mean I know anything about what it was like 9 years ago.

15 minutes ago, Chayna said:

Did you play Everquest pre-WoW?

4 minutes ago, Spratchet said:

So you started playing halfway through it's current lifespan and you're trying to argue about what it was like at launch? I played it for a little bit a year ago because my girlfriend loves the game. Couldn't stand it. Doesn't mean I know anything about what it was like 9 years ago.

Not at all. I'm asking what made it cutting edge. You're also assuming I had no knowledge of it at launch. I looked at it extensively and had experiences in other games to compare it to. I heard positive and negative feedback from people who played it. I haven't seen or heard anything that makes it the best, or cutting edge, or a pioneer, or that it had a unique vision, or that it was the end all be all. If it was then we would be playing it.

I'm completely happy to accept that others loved it. That is great.

1 hour ago, Spratchet said:

Name 1 thing it does that can't be found elsewhere. And no it wasn't the source of alot of those systems that you'll no doubt mention.

I think you know what i mean. 

Basically wow has been around for almost 12 years, including those 12 years of content, lore, items, whatever. 

There is a huge world of stuffs to do things and OVERALL the game has a insane amount of stuffs compared to any other MMO. 

That doesn't make wow the best, becuase it never been so SHITY as it is now, i played it since END TBC and still do today but like i said, no other MMO is the same as WoW or close to even the same good, otherwise we'd have another MMO ranked as #1 today. Simply becuase they don't give a shit if wow is top MMO.

Anyway a bit off-topic, u can't really compare BnS & WoW and if you where, WoW would in it's shity state still win, it's overall a more polished game and more stuffs to do. "hench" i don't support any of them on the side on what's best, i don't give a *cricket*. 

Just now, Chayna said:

Not at all. I'm asking what made it cutting edge. You're also assuming I had no knowledge of it at launch. I looked at it extensively and had experiences in other games to compare it to. I heard positive and negative feedback from people who played it. I haven't seen or heard anything that makes it the best, or cutting edge, or a pioneer, or that it had a unique vision, or that it was the end all be all. If it was then we would be playing it.

I'm completely happy to accept that others loved it. That is great.

I wasn't assuming anything. You said yourself that you played it 5 years ago. That would be 5 years after the launch. Second hand knowledge means nothing. If you didn't experience it yourself then you really have no basis from which to build an argument. I could read an article all about how Blade and Souls' PvP works at level 45 but until I actually take part in it I will have no idea what it's really like. The fact of that matter is that, like it or hate it, WoW did bring alot to the table and became the foremost MMO because of it. It may not have been the first in terms of when it was made or what systems it implemented but it was still cutting edge in it's day. Now? Not so much, though die-hard fans will shout til they're blue in the face that it is.

6 minutes ago, Sinns said:

Did you play Everquest pre-WoW?

Yes. I played EQ from the start. I played EQ2. I played SWG. I played COH. I played AOC. I played EAB. I played PW. And some others before playing WoW. I've played GW, GW2, Aion, Tera, BnS, Wildstar, STO, CO, Defiance, Secret World, SWTOR, FFXIV, ED, AA, and a bunch of other games since.

1 hour ago, Raym said:

Don't compare WOW with BnS, they can't be compared.

Ultima Online was already Online when no one else ...

They were the PIONEER in their class ...

They had a Vision...and they achieved that vision...

They had problems...and they solved their problems without any reference or help from anyone....

Ultima Online was the 1st REAL MMO for every gamer out there ....

Ultima Online will be forever in our hearts and our minds ...

But then again nothing last forever ...

Thanks to the outstanding progress BnS is achieving .

Sorry fixed

The only thing going for WoW is the constant updating and support. Timely ticket responses and clockwork updates. However, the latest expansion is nothing short of a train wreck for class balance. Even if you're into endgame raiding it's very hard to get into the upper echelon without several classes/specs you've mastered, because chances are Blizzard has destroyed your main spec and forcing you to play another character you don't like just to continue forward.

Ex: Mained a warrior from Vanilla to early Cataclysm, and later throughout WoD. Despite having played all of my specs since Vanilla (and mastering the new Gladiator spec which had its limelight a few times) I was still not playing a desirable class for progression raiding. In WoD, they designed more classes around pure RNG, effectively destroying some specs entirely.

WoW was good, but their worthless balance team for Warlords of Draenor was hired straight from Riot Games.

18 minutes ago, Chayna said:

Yes. I played EQ from the start. I played EQ2. I played SWG. I played COH. I played AOC. I played EAB. I played PW. And some others before playing WoW. I've played GW, GW2, Aion, Tera, BnS, Wildstar, STO, CO, Defiance, Secret World, SWTOR, FFXIV, ED, AA, and a bunch of other games since.

So we played the same games over the years, though Everquest is the only game I had played mmo wise before WoW released and that was what I was basing my opinions on. If you don't think WoW did anything better or cutting edge compared to Everquest then we could argue all day lol but it's all good.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW HAS GOOD PVE... if BnS or any other whanabee whants to beat WOW dont make PVP end game ... because PVE sells better.... well any way i DO  play WOW ATM What can i say ... i enter the game ... do stuff in my garrison and get out... raids are retarded because ..... the combat is retarded TAB is BORING! SRY BUT IS 2016 .... as for content... WHAT CONTENT? ohhh WOLTK BC CATA.... u can AUTO ATACK all bosses in all raids that content is good for achyvements and some mounts... im soory THAT IS NOT CONTENT! ok? its not even necesary to do it..... u just level see a dungeon or two from all those expansions and mouve on.... when u hit lv 100 those expansion are ..... good for nothing except achyvements and mounts -_- soo if u take the conent of GW2 BNS TERA ETC theoretycaly... they DO HAVE MORE VIABLE CONTENT TO PLAY... sry but WoW is done wrong since Cataclysm... there are only 4 or 5M players now and drooping .... you will see it semi f2p in a year or two.... ofc "semi" like u cant level to max level .... only some extra content more than LV 20 atm...... the lore ends in cataclysm anyway.... if u whant to play some true WOW LORE RAIDS..... go to a cata server pandaria wod .... and legion "that does what bns does u basicaly level your weapon" will not be something good.... 

Archived