WoW Vs. BnS

Precipice

1 minute ago, Laoshottie said:

Whatever the game is, if I enjoy it, I put time into it. Not sure if I'm gonna pick up Legion, I skipped WoD entirely and bought it when it was 75% off lel ($13) All my time is going towards BnS now. When Warframe and Guild Wars 2 gets something worthwhile, I hop on those because I got hours on those. I got like 10k+ hours on Vindictus, but for sure I am burned out by that today.

While me, I only played WoD, because a friend convinced me to try it.  I liked leveling up my first character through it, it was fun, there was exploration... granted Addons ruined alot of the exploration... but that's another topic.
However... after that... WoW got boring again.  I skipped MoP entirely.  I took my level 90 boost and played, because I didn't want to deal with MoP leveling.

Blade and Soul has nice combat, and PvP feels like it is far more skill based than gear.  knowing how to use your skills, customizing your build, rather than rely on big numbers from gear (They help, but a smart player can overcome)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like i said nothing last forever....

Like every thing in this world, they start out fresh perfect and when they are old they become weak, sick and eventually die.

But WOW is a Legend,,,10 over years .... they earned the respect of being the 1st and true MMORPG!

BnS not even a months since it has launched? ... how long you think this game will last until the next best game comes out?

It already had its 4 years from other countries .... i'm giving this game like 10 months before people start quitting? I hope NCSoft proves me wrong!

In a common sense, WoW is a good game, it's already had its own 'brand'. But thing got old and/or people got bored of thing over time.
I like BnS because of its art style (not that good in term of graphic, but the art style itself is unique) and the combat system. It's funny hearing people say 'meh, another tab-target MMO' lol

12 minutes ago, Raym said:

WOW was already Online when no one else ...

They were the PIONEER in their class ...

They had a Vision...and they achieved that vision...

They had problems...and they solved their problems without any reference or help from anyone....

WOW was the 1st REAL MMO for every gamer out there ....

WOW will be forever in our hearts and our minds ...

But then again nothing last forever ...

I'm not sure these statements are factual.

WoW wasn't the first... they were the easiest.

They borrowed quite a bit from other games in their class.

What was their Vision? Most companies have a Vision(tm). What was unique about theirs?

They have solved some problems, not so much other problems... I'm not sure that the rest of the statement can be supported.

WoW was definitely the fast food version of an MMO. Easy mode to compared to other games of the time.

WoW is not in my heart, or mind.

I agree, nothing lasts forever.

left WoW 6 mths ago when ability pruning was introduced - No SNAPSHOTTING(Darn, I'm full-time affliction lock juggling those dots, WoD simply killed it), removal of many CCs in pvp(in some way good & bad), etc etc.

Seems to me Blizzard has completely no idea where WoW is heading right now, clearly it has been on the decline ever since Activision took over.

I was from the one of the tops progression guild back @ frostmourne during MoP. But...WoD is just horrendous, killed all of us, literally. 

BnS meets my needs. Skillshotting :p

37 minutes ago, Precipice said:

I've been on WoW for about 10.5 years now and I've seen the highs and lows of the game. Watched as the buffed classes that were OP and already buffed and nerfed classes that needed buff. I don't quite know their logic on that, but it's dumb. Anyway, I saw an ad on Facebook about how this game released on January 19th and decided to give it a try, I mean what did I have to lose I was already letting my WoW time expire because the is ZERO to do in WoD. And to be honest this game is a nice breath of fresh air. The play style is way more complex and the classes all seem to be balanced (apart from Destroyers being spin2win and Summoners just running whole time while their pet and spells beat you to death lol)

Who else came here from WoW and what do you think of this game compared to current WoW?

I came here from WoW and I can honestly say that i'm having a blast with B&S. Everything from the character customization, to the combat system to the detail in the environments. I'm honestly glad B&S came when it did because as of right now, WoW is pretty much dead. No new content until legion. Since I started playing B&S i haven't logged in to play WoW once. 

4 minutes ago, Raym said:

Like every thing in this world, they start out fresh perfect and when they are old they become weak, sick and eventually die.

But WOW is a Legend,,,10 over years .... they earned the respect of being the 1st and true MMORPG!

BnS not even a months since it has launched? ... how long you think this game will last until the next best game comes out?

It already had its 4 years from other countries .... i'm giving this game like 10 months before people start quitting? I hope NCSoft proves me wrong!

I don't know about "True MMO"  Many will argue Everquest was the first "true MMO"  and even before that, Ultima Online, and a several other games or even MUCKs from like the 80s or 70s I think.

I don't like Raiding content, instanced, while useful, I much prefer an open world.  Where the true MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER part is.  Instanced content segregates the Massive part, and leaves it simply as a Multiplayer RPG.

I don't like Battlegrounds or Arenas either, but I love PvP, but I'm not a fan of ganking.  If a player is out doing quests for the faction, okay, free game, though preferably of similar level, but that's the beauty of BnS, is that you can just do PvP quests, or skip them all together, and not deal with getting ganked.

WoW was good, it was revolutionary, yea, but as years went by, they kept taking away the "Massively" part of MMORPG, Multiplayer Online RPG with a lobby (cities/garrison)

Just now, Koter said:

I came here from WoW and I can honestly say that i'm having a blast with B&S. Everything from the character customization, to the combat system to the detail in the environments. I'm honestly glad B&S came when it did because as of right now, WoW is pretty much dead. No new content until legion. Since I started playing B&S i haven't logged in to play WoW once. 

Same here. I let my time go because there will be nothing new until the expansion pre-patch. Don't get me wrong I love WoW and I will be returning once that patch hits.

10 minutes ago, Raym said:

RuneScape/Initial release date:  January 4, 2001

World of Warcraft/Initial release date: November 23, 2004

Clearly RuneScape is the king of MMORPG's.

Just now, Precipice said:

Same here. I let my time go because there will be nothing new until the expansion pre-patch. Don't get me wrong I love WoW and I will be returning once that patch hits.

I can honestly say, I don't know if i'll be returning to WoW any time soon. I've tried a lot of MMOs over the years and B&S is the first mmo that i've played that actually nailed it for me. Don't know what else to say. It's just a blast to play B&S lol.

1 minute ago, Koter said:

I can honestly say, I don't know if i'll be returning to WoW any time soon. I've tried a lot of MMOs over the years and B&S is the first mmo that i've played that actually nailed it for me. Don't know what else to say. It's just a blast to play B&S lol.

Legion looks promising. The changes coming to all the aspects do as well. 

4 minutes ago, Darkvulpine said:

I don't know about "True MMO"  Many will argue Everquest was the first "true MMO"  and even before that, Ultima Online, and a several other games or even MUCKs from like the 80s or 70s I think.

I don't like Raiding content, instanced, while useful, I much prefer an open world.  Where the true MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER part is.  Instanced content segregates the Massive part, and leaves it simply as a Multiplayer RPG.

I don't like Battlegrounds or Arenas either, but I love PvP, but I'm not a fan of ganking.  If a player is out doing quests for the faction, okay, free game, though preferably of similar level, but that's the beauty of BnS, is that you can just do PvP quests, or skip them all together, and not deal with getting ganked.

WoW was good, it was revolutionary, yea, but as years went by, they kept taking away the "Massively" part of MMORPG, Multiplayer Online RPG with a lobby (cities/garrison)

To me ganking isn't pvp. I consider that griefing and I absolutely despise people who do that.

16 minutes ago, Raym said:

Oh my, chill your panties champion. Time will show us.

Don't put too much hope on Legion, pretty sure it's gotta be another incoming disappointment taking into account the balancing trend from WoW devs. 

dev: right, time to release a new class to bait old players' return. 

after a mth or so:

dev: let the nerfhammer party begins!

nerfs nerfs & more nerfs.

Rmb what happened to the old Dk when it first came out? or the monk, though not hit as much by the nerfhammer except for mistweaver.

Just don't expect too much from Legion, my 2 cents. WoW devs can be pretty scummy.

1 minute ago, LadyMidday said:

lol at ppl who say wow is dead. Yeah the most played mmo is dead alright. *rolls eyes*

Both these games are fun, and i still play both. Come at me with your hate!

Meh. To each his own I guess. WoW is dead in the sense that their is no content for remainder of WoD. That's a pretty long ass time man.

To me ganking isn't pvp. I consider that griefing and I absolutely despise people who do that.

I also agree with that.  At least in BnS you can take the outfit off, and not worry about it, however there's still the age old issue of mobs and such are not shared.  Someone tags it, no sense in helping them.  Common NCsoft, you should take after Guild Wars 2 more!  Where it encourages people to work together!

44 minutes ago, Aimscoes said:

Well it's not even to compare, thus WoW is SHIT today it's still a lot more polished with content and what much else than B&S and any other MMO out there. but again, it's shit today for veteran players but "OVERALL" wow is still ahead tons of games with a lot of stuffs. 

Name 1 thing it does that can't be found elsewhere. And no it wasn't the source of alot of those systems that you'll no doubt mention.

i think all MMORPG are dead, except Aion and Tera... but less populated than before. 
i played wow a long time ago, i liked it... but as soon as i discovered Aion i stoped playing wow.. (now i'm stopping Aion for BnS XD)
WoW was a good game but not now :/ 

Archived