Oceanic players unite!

Garrick

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for Oceanic Servers. Seriously We need them. I know a lot of people who either dont want to play or invest money into the game because they don't want to or cant put up anymore with the latency issues from being so distant from the servers. I would also like to play the game competitively but cant sadly because of latency. Please bring them i would throw money at the screen especially if they had character transfers from NA/EU.

13 minutes ago, Dechead said:

+1 for Oceanic Servers. Seriously We need them. I know a lot of people who either dont want to play or invest money into the game because they don't want to or cant put up anymore with the latency issues from being so distant from the servers. I would also like to play the game competitively but cant sadly because of latency. Please bring them i would throw money at the screen especially if they had character transfers from NA/EU.

The problem is, the longer they wait to do it, the more committed people feel to stay with their current characters because for a lot of people, the time they sink in to an account, they simply don't want to start over.

So the longer it takes, the less people will go to the server and ultimately drive people away due to lag, therefor leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths and the server will fail. Seen it happen before, I see it happening here.

Unless they allow Character transfers upon release of the server, people may simply not go there.

On 29/01/2016 at 10:46 PM, winno said:

+1 and then some for Oceanic servers.

as for the whole sign the petition thing. im sure most people see the fact that they have to create and account on some BS website that will no doubt spam their email account with even more trash, and just move on without signing (im one of these people)

while the intent is good the implementation is poor.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the chosen petition site, since this one asks for your address and all. There's probably an absolute ton of signatures lost due to this.

I would like to think they would be sourcing the potential for a Marketing team here in Australia to market and advertise it here as well as find the appropriate host for it as well.

They should look for a company who has cloud technology in place, this way NCsoft can have direct access to the servers at any time of the day making updating and fixing servers easy and efficient.

Anyone know a decent company who would be willing to take NCsofts titles on, because lets be honest, if you were going to do this, you may as well open servers up here that gives access too all their titles here, not just BnS.

So essentially, you have all their products offered here on OCE land with low latency connections, all controlled by remote server cloud technology.

It is a win/win for everyone.

Melbourne player here, even as the simplistic Destroyer the ping is mind numbing! My guild and I were only fighting Slashimi today in the Blackram Supply Chain open area and i was having bouts of 3 second "ping freeze" before id get a front row seat to a fast forward of what happened and find my self ass flat on the floor with a giant ugly ray stepping on my junk.

The worst part is that the ping seems to be growing steadily worse as the days go on, heaven forbid when I am trying to do Mushin's Tower in a couple of days!

NCsoft, if you don't act soon, the hype will be over and you have missed your chance to prove that opening up Oceanic servers is viable in todays genre of MMO gaming.

Thousands of Oceanic players are not spending in the cash shop until you make a choice and if you make the wrong one, they will likely spend nothing.

Our clan is willing to spend money, only if there is Oceanic servers.

Just posting to keep this alive.

I just quit due to large ping, will keep my eye on the petition/news surrounding upcoming servers. I paid for premium, because the PvE "seemed" fine lag wise.... As soon as I tried pvp it was unplayable. Even tried taiwan server. (I'm from Australia). Goodbye guys, hope to see you again one day!

I played a lot on the TW Server before NA opened & that was a lot worse than the ~200ms I get now. The game isn't that bad If you pretend there is no such thing as PvP. 

But my question is how are you guys not used to getting  Fukced by game companies yet? I mean what are your other MMORPG options? Runescape? World of Warcraft recently came out? I think that's all we have here... they aren't going to do shit unless they're 100% sure they are going to make the $$$

Bump to this thread. i also from singapore. Hoping NCsoft can hear us and do something about the pings for us. Anyway just about to quit due to pings. 

Info about my char Premium rank 9 

Oh forgotten to say that received an email from NCsoft, saying to me to ask me wait for the new patch to see hows the pings like. Hope the pings will improve  

23 minutes ago, chinmi said:

13800 petitions, if only 30% from those buy premium. that's an income of $50.000 per month...

it's very good opportunity ncsoft !!

That's mainly people from the forums only, not even marketing the product in the OCE/SEA region.

The potential is much higher.

right, my argument isn't sticking up for it, saying they shouldn't hold OCE servers, however, most games which now have OCE didn't have any for AGES after their release, I mean it took the game 6 years to let anyone Outside of Korea have the game, therefore tbh your looking at a Heafty wait before it sees OCE, tbh its Likely the developers will actually Allow a Server Company from the OCE Part of the world build this game for that population, so ur prolly looking at another Year or more before this issue will be changed.

OCE seem to be always the last place that's updated on these things, I am not 100% Sure why I guess not many Game developers orginate from those parts of the world, the main Devs of this game seem pretty against actually moving this game Outside Korea, the only reason NA/EU have it is because they allowed NCsoft to build the game for us, they themselves Without that opportunity would have never opened this game to us, that's factual, they just don't have any interest in us viably accessing this game.

so imho, complaining to NCSoft isn't the greatest idea, NCSoft cant physically run those servers to you, they barely have their Servers located in the EU, they generally sell their EU Servers to a EU Company because they only want to deal with America, look at tera and Aion EU, both sold to gameforge. and I doubt NCSoft have permission from Team Bloodlust (the owners of the game) to open this game up to anyone but the NA/EU population, they're contract is VERY Strict without Personal confirmation from Team bloodlust they cant do anything for their playerbase.

the reason NCSoft give no clarification on this subject, is because NCsoft arnt allowed to, they're not allowed to import the game wherever they want, they arnt allowed to open random servers for Different players to Import this game to ur countries, only bloodlust can physically permit such a action, and even then NCSoft wouldn't be the guys running it, it'd be a gaming server company from the OCE. so signing petitions against them personally or shouting at them personally for the balancing / glitchs or Server locations is Silly, they're not the owners of this game.. they're nothing to do with the development of this game Team bloodlust are the guys u want reading your Petition and sadly they wont come here to see it, because they're Korean and I doubt many of them are capable of reading enough English to make anything of these forums NCSoft can project our opinons to team bloodlust to Permit changes or fast forward things.. but they cant demand more allowance.

I feel for u guys I honestly do, and as I said, I fully support you guys Should be given servers to get into this game too, we're in 2016.. games should be developed enough to run for everybody it isn't difficult anymore, but NCSoft cannot help that matter, they don't own servers in OCE.. or even a OCE NCsoft

Basically NCsoft have many different places, but they're not one company. KR NCsoft are completely different and Uninvolved with NA NCsoft,, OCE NCsoft doesn't actually exist, someone would have to create that as NCSoft don't actually work as 1 name in different countries, they simply just allow people to Open servers in different parts of the world with their Name, as a OCE NCsoft doesn't exist, and KR or NA NCsoft arnt involved with any of those processes NCSOft cant actually interact with the OCE Population, the design of this business is Appauling as far as Expanding is Concerned.. its Just a Branded name that's sold to various parts of the world which all create their Own version of the business.

EU doesn't have a NCSoft, but NCSoft does have involvement with the EU From many games, however their servers are quite bad at times for that population, not as bad as for you guys, but there are No servers in the EU Supporting us, were directly connecting to almost America fort this game ourselves. if NCsoft arnt bothering to expand into the EU and Just selling the rights to the servers after a while then I doubt NCSoft will see OCE through, ur prolly looking more at when a Different company buys these rights out from bloodlust, which have more of a coverage of the world.

3 minutes ago, Dray0s said:

right, my argument isn't sticking up for it, saying they shouldn't hold OCE servers, however, most games which now have OCE didn't have any for AGES after their release, I mean it took the game 6 years to let anyone Outside of Korea have the game, therefore tbh your looking at a Heafty wait before it sees OCE, tbh its Likely the developers will actually Allow a Server Company from the OCE Part of the world build this game for that population, so ur prolly looking at another Year or more before this issue will be changed.

OCE seem to be always the last place that's updated on these things, I am not 100% Sure why I guess not many Game developers orginate from those parts of the world, the main Devs of this game seem pretty against actually moving this game Outside Korea, the only reason NA/EU have it is because they allowed NCsoft to build the game for us, they themselves Without that opportunity would have never opened this game to us, that's factual, they just don't have any interest in us viably accessing this game.

so imho, complaining to NCSoft isn't the greatest idea, NCSoft cant physically run those servers to you, they barely have their Servers located in the EU, they generally sell their EU Servers to a EU Company because they only want to deal with America, look at tera and Aion EU, both sold to gameforge. and I doubt NCSoft have permission from Team Bloodlust (the owners of the game) to open this game up to anyone but the NA/EU population, they're contract is VERY Strict without Personal confirmation from Team bloodlust they cant do anything for their playerbase.

the reason NCSoft give no clarification on this subject, is because NCsoft arnt allowed to, they're not allowed to import the game wherever they want, they arnt allowed to open random servers for Different players to Import this game to ur countries, only bloodlust can physically permit such a action, and even then NCSoft wouldn't be the guys running it, it'd be a gaming server company from the OCE. so signing petitions against them personally or shouting at them personally for the balancing / glitchs or Server locations is Silly, they're not the owners of this game.. they're nothing to do with the development of this game Team bloodlust are the guys u want reading your Petition and sadly they wont come here to see it, because they're Korean and I doubt many of them are capable of reading enough English to make anything of these forums NCSoft can project our opinons to team bloodlust to Permit changes or fast forward things.. but they cant demand more allowance.

It doesn't stop them from sourcing companies here to do what's required. Its called expressions of interest.

If you stopped and read the thread, you would of seen where NCsoft specifically told us to create a petition to show how much interest there is and 14k petitions when majority of them are from people on these forums without even have marketed the game over here is more then enough to warrant a server or two here in OCE/SEA.

NCsoft have a direct voice to the people who need to know, anything else would be a waste of time, resources and energy from anyone trying to get something to happen.

6 minutes ago, Taemek said:

It doesn't stop them from sourcing companies here to do what's required. Its called expressions of interest.

If you stopped and read the thread, you would of seen where NCsoft specifically told us to create a petition to show how much interest there is and 14k petitions when majority of them are from people on these forums without even have marketed the game over here is more then enough to warrant a server or two here in OCE/SEA.

NCsoft have a direct voice to the people who need to know, anything else would be a waste of time, resources and energy from anyone trying to get something to happen.

Well yes, but the reason they need it in a Petition is to Send it to KR NCsoft to pass through to Team bloodlust, to SHow bloodlust their is a Profit to be made in the OCE, I'm not Disreguarding the importance of Some form of Verbal Communication.. I'm just saying People who are saying "its 2016 its Unacceptable" its a grey area, only team bloodlust can Source it to ur Contries,  I was just saying... it isn't Unacceptable for a Company who sell Gaming servers to Not be involved with OCE and I think the flank some players giving them for that isn't right, they are trying to help u get bloodlust to source this game to U guys, but that's a time consuming thing.

the initial idea is good, and u have my vote personally for this to take place, I'm just saying some of these posts made are directly insulting NCSoft saying NCsoft is the company "ignoring" this issue, or showing poor form to not have this game within the OCE, that's Kinda a verbal attack on NCsoft for something they have no control over.

personally, I think bloodlust would be stupid to realistically not see this idea through, Opening the game up to more of the world = More custom = More profits and a Much bigger larger brand, games like WoW didn't survive on EU/NA... they survived cause they cover such a Mass of the world it became one the easiest forms of entertainment to access world wide. todays games aiming to become a top MMO need to follow that same High Form, and OCE Servers are basically a Requirement to make any attempt at that.

I'm just saying the Direct attacks made against them isn't really nessercary.

2 minutes ago, Dray0s said:

Well yes, but the reason they need it in a Petition is to Send it to KR NCsoft to pass through to Team bloodlust, to SHow bloodlust their is a Profit to be made in the OCE, I'm not Disreguarding the importance of Some form of Verbal Communication.. I'm just saying People who are saying "its 2016 its Unacceptable" its a grey area, only team bloodlust can Source it to ur Contries,  I was just saying... it isn't Unacceptable for a Company who sell Gaming servers to Not be involved with OCE and I think the flank some players giving them for that isn't right, they are trying to help u get bloodlust to source this game to U guys, but that's a time consuming thing.

Honestly, the lack of information we have dictates to us that nothing has been acknowledged or passed on to people who need to know.

At the current state the game is in with packet loss being a huge issue for a large portion of the gaming community, I think they probably have bigger issues, however, it doesn't take months to get a correspondent to coordinate communication to someone to get expressions of interest OR to get some information from who ever is in charge.

It is 2016 and there simply is no excuse no more. There was a lot of legal technicalities in the past that are no longer present that used to put companies off having servers here, with new technology now it makes it a lot easier, cheaper and profitable.

2 hours ago, Taemek said:

Honestly, the lack of information we have dictates to us that nothing has been acknowledged or passed on to people who need to know.

At the current state the game is in with packet loss being a huge issue for a large portion of the gaming community, I think they probably have bigger issues, however, it doesn't take months to get a correspondent to coordinate communication to someone to get expressions of interest OR to get some information from who ever is in charge.

It is 2016 and there simply is no excuse no more. There was a lot of legal technicalities in the past that are no longer present that used to put companies off having servers here, with new technology now it makes it a lot easier, cheaper and profitable.

Yes, but as far as I can tell, this games only being allowed full stop by NCSoft, KR NCSoft run the servers here, its been Exclusively released to NCSoft NA, which would by my assumption be more like, it has been passed on but its to weather the games make enough profit to make it worth Actually building a OCE NCsoft to run this for you guys, I'm assuming they arnt willing to sell it to any other servers (bloodlust that is)

the reason I predict this to be the reasoning is, tera and aion were both sold by NCSoft to gameforge, they Have taken in MORE EU Servers, they wouldn't do that willingly, they have no intention to cater to EU Times / proper Server maintiance to prove otherwise as a whole, so my expectation is bloodlust are going to refuse to allow this game to be run by anything else, as NCSOft have been the Supporters of this game for the full length of its Existence.

you can say its been Months for this to of been acknowledged, but can u really expect a whole New Business to be built and ready to take on BnS For the OCE? prolly not, the business itself to train recruits etc etc to get the manpower to do this While working on their current games etc etc you'll find this sorta of project would take years.

but no I feel this is the baseline.

NCSoft are the only company with the rights to bring this game Outside Korea, NCSoft don't have Localised EU Servers or OCE Servers therefore although EU Will get it on a much Less convient platform as NA will receive this (as they did with both Tera and Aion to begin with) and OCE will await for NCSoft as a Server company to Expand into their shores.if bloodlust are refusing to allow this game to be Supported by anything but NCSoft you cant really blame them, there is a Excuse....

The Ultimate Excuse, the One Excuse that no one can fight.

Its NOT their game to Sell or Provide... it Isnt there game to make that decision, NCSoft as a business has to look at ALOT more then the Wants of BnS in OCE to decide if Investing in building a Whole new business with new employees, Leaderboards etc etc Will turn a Profit expanding into OCE, and BnS maybe show that.. but what about the other 5 games they support?... if they see 0 Income from this project NCSoft would take a major blow where money is concerned.

they cant force bloodlust to allow another Company to support their game, as far as I'm concerned, they were making their money off it being a Korean only game, so anything above is prolly a bonus for them, so they prolly have very little care weather the game does or doesn't go worldwide, its purposely built to their countries wants in a game, which doesn't appeal to a great deal Of Players in the western countries, the amount of Money they'd make or actual Permanent playerbase they build would have to be huge to take up this Extreme Measurement, and I don't mean 250k People.. more like a Couple of Million, considering they run ALOT of games not many in OCE would want to use or invest in.

NCSoft hasn't even broken far into the EU, Let alone bringing up OCE, NCsoft as a company and server provider are rigid on what they will and wont do and generally keep themselves in America, if bloodlust isn't going to let it pass it wont pass, NCSoft can only give them a Sheet of paper saying this many will like it, and NCSoft themselves can only base this project on a 14k Increase in players, they can pull out "it isn't advertised it might attract me" asking this of NCSoft is HUGE, like building a new business, specially as it'd be separated KR and NA NCSoft, meaning the Costs of that would be 10s of millions, BnS would have to see some SERIOUS Success to generate the Money to pay into this.

TL;DR

Bloodlust as far as I can tell are refusing to allow a other Server company run this game.

NCSoft would need to make Some serious money to realistically build a Entire separate business in another country.

It isn't NCSofts fault, Fight or Excuse if bloodlust are Refusing to sell this game to another server company.

Bloodlust are the final Decision to weather u do or Don't see BnS.

1 hour ago, Dray0s said:

Yes, but as far as I can tell, this games only being allowed full stop by NCSoft, KR NCSoft run the servers here, its been Exclusively released to NCSoft NA, which would by my assumption be more like, it has been passed on but its to weather the games make enough profit to make it worth Actually building a OCE NCsoft to run this for you guys, I'm assuming they arnt willing to sell it to any other servers (bloodlust that is)

the reason I predict this to be the reasoning is, tera and aion were both sold by NCSoft to gameforge, they Have taken in MORE EU Servers, they wouldn't do that willingly, they have no intention to cater to EU Times / proper Server maintiance to prove otherwise as a whole, so my expectation is bloodlust are going to refuse to allow this game to be run by anything else, as NCSOft have been the Supporters of this game for the full length of its Existence.

you can say its been Months for this to of been acknowledged, but can u really expect a whole New Business to be built and ready to take on BnS For the OCE? prolly not, the business itself to train recruits etc etc to get the manpower to do this While working on their current games etc etc you'll find this sorta of project would take years.

but no I feel this is the baseline.

NCSoft are the only company with the rights to bring this game Outside Korea, NCSoft don't have Localised EU Servers or OCE Servers therefore although EU Will get it on a much Less convient platform as NA will receive this (as they did with both Tera and Aion to begin with) and OCE will await for NCSoft as a Server company to Expand into their shores.if bloodlust are refusing to allow this game to be Supported by anything but NCSoft you cant really blame them, there is a Excuse....

The Ultimate Excuse, the One Excuse that no one can fight.

Its NOT their game to Sell or Provide... it Isnt there game to make that decision, NCSoft as a business has to look at ALOT more then the Wants of BnS in OCE to decide if Investing in building a Whole new business with new employees, Leaderboards etc etc Will turn a Profit expanding into OCE, and BnS maybe show that.. but what about the other 5 games they support?... if they see 0 Income from this project NCSoft would take a major blow where money is concerned.

they cant force bloodlust to allow another Company to support their game, as far as I'm concerned, they were making their money off it being a Korean only game, so anything above is prolly a bonus for them, so they prolly have very little care weather the game does or doesn't go worldwide, its purposely built to their countries wants in a game, which doesn't appeal to a great deal Of Players in the western countries, the amount of Money they'd make or actual Permanent playerbase they build would have to be huge to take up this Extreme Measurement, and I don't mean 250k People.. more like a Couple of Million, considering they run ALOT of games not many in OCE would want to use or invest in.

NCSoft hasn't even broken far into the EU, Let alone bringing up OCE, NCsoft as a company and server provider are rigid on what they will and wont do and generally keep themselves in America, if bloodlust isn't going to let it pass it wont pass, NCSoft can only give them a Sheet of paper saying this many will like it, and NCSoft themselves can only base this project on a 14k Increase in players, they can pull out "it isn't advertised it might attract me" asking this of NCSoft is HUGE, like building a new business, specially as it'd be separated KR and NA NCSoft, meaning the Costs of that would be 10s of millions, BnS would have to see some SERIOUS Success to generate the Money to pay into this.

TL;DR

Bloodlust as far as I can tell are refusing to allow a other Server company run this game.

NCSoft would need to make Some serious money to realistically build a Entire separate business in another country.

It isn't NCSofts fault, Fight or Excuse if bloodlust are Refusing to sell this game to another server company.

Bloodlust are the final Decision to weather u do or Don't see BnS.

I don't know where you get your information from, but you are mislead.

NCSoft KR and NCsoft West are two different companies. Bloodlust was the nickname of the team who worked on the game, employed at NCsoft as NCsoft employees.

NCSoft control the rights to the game, end of story, not Bloodlust.

NCsoft KR do not control the servers here, they control what gets released content wise and how they can change content in the game to suit the culture of the western gamers.

You are confusing licensing for region control with access control.

How it works is simple, a company here in OCE/SEA will be approached or they will approach NCsoft under an expression of interest. that company will buy a license to host the game in this region and that same company will organise the hosting of the servers here.

That's how simple it is.

Playing from Singapore at 190 Ping average with speed booster. Already signed the petition just hope leaving names here help too. Really would appreciate it so much to get the chance to play at a decent ping.

Archived