Class role / Spec

4random

do you guys think this game will be better if they have class role such as healer spec and real tanking? I find this game is more for PVP v PVE.

I don't mind the dynasty warrior style when everyone is just going straight to the boss and start attacking but, I think it would be nice if there is mechanics to fights and have a healing class

so everyone has a role to play... what do you guys think about this

There is no need for a dedicated healer spec, every class has access to the same leech gems and their own healing skills. BM/KFM/SUM generally tank through sheer dmg output or taunts, and summoner has aoe heals, not that it's really even needed. As long as people have a clue how to play their class and aren't 20 lvls behind on gear, there is never a need for any dedicated healer or tank that will just have it's soloing greatly diminished vs dps classes.

I rather have the current system rather than force an existence of a tank only to be useless/underwhelming like some MMO I played before

I do hope some BM/KFM will learn on some tanking basics though (like making the boss face the same way in a fight etc)

BM/KFM have skills to get threath (450% or something like that) , so a skill that does 1000 dmg does 4500 on threath , btw iframes and blocks a KFM can keep the boss facing him all the time (outside boss using a jump skill ect) , BM iframes skill force movement so boss will turn 45º when used isnt a big deal since u can move back and ppl will still backstabbing the boss :P

there is no healer , afaik SMN , SIN and i think destroyer? have a skill with 45s cd that heals some % , smn can rez with the cat , and some utility for more dps (chi regeneration or +crit when destro grabs the boss)

Yea, as force master i tend to end up tanking. Shear life steal/ heal on evade is op. I think force master is pretty underrated in general. I am able to tank via shear damage output and good ping/reactions. Only time i cant tank is if im not the one starting the fight, but normally i do end up starting the fights. For now atleast. I wont hit end game till later today(*early tomorrow) but either way, so far i dont feel this is going to change as long as i have good gear. But seeing as how casters tend not to tank in most games i might fall off as tank and just end up being the guy who pulls too much aggro.

its a good thing taht there are no healers in this game. Figure it out on how to survive on your own, i've been using support and priest (because i love using support chars and its always been my role with my buddies) on almost all MMOs i played, and this is a breath of fresh air.

I still use a support-ish (Summoner) character now.. or something that you somewhat support the cat, then the cat can also heal/resu/support you. 

No healer needed, it would especially ruin pvp because healers are either OP or 100% terrible. 

There are tanks, KFM, BM, and SMN's cat. And pretty much every class has life steal attacks and summoners can heal the ground if they put points into their F skill that pulses green waves.

I don't mind the lack of the trinity if it's done right. Most games I've seen can't do it horribly well, though, and end up with challenge thresholds when developing PvE content. Haven't played this game to end so far, so can't say how it will turn out here. But if it's been running this long over yonder...perhaps? or perhaps it's been living this long on the east side mostly due to PvP aspects.

1 hour ago, BigJ01 said:

No healer needed, it would especially ruin pvp because healers are either OP or 100% terrible. 

There are tanks, KFM, BM, and SMN's cat. And pretty much every class has life steal attacks and summoners can heal the ground if they put points into their F skill that pulses green waves.

The petal storm ability also heals any party member standing in it for 10% if specced into it as well. It's not a crazy amount and tbh I barely notice the heal which is why I stopped using it but it's there lol.

19 hours ago, Kasmiya said:

The petal storm ability also heals any party member standing in it for 10% if specced into it as well. It's not a crazy amount and tbh I barely notice the heal which is why I stopped using it but it's there lol.

I think he meant the doom and bloom ability. It is extremely useful for the summoner though, because you got the heal from the damage, and the bonus heal % from standing in the large circle, not to mention upgraded bloom restore 10 points instead of just 5. It works very well with the giant sunflower that ate 3 points each casts and gain boosted damage on bloom targets. The heal to party member is just an added bonus and not the main purpose for me :D

To be honest, a really good KFM would probably be the closest thing to a tank you could find in the game because of the constant active mitigation they can have up with their 1. Plus really good damage and what not. I could go forever without actually taking damage if I played it to the hilt. Since the healing output of Summoners is low and barely noticed, it's probably better to go with pure dps to rush things down faster so there is a lesser chance to stand in bad. 

Archived