Cooking and Medicine viability.

WordOnTheWind

So I signed on with the cooking and medicine guilds 'cause I figured that food and potions are always going to be needed and I could accomplish something there. I took the Herbalists and Farmers to supply materials. I've hit L2 with all professions I'm involved with. And yet, I have over 100 tonics and near 100 dumplings and it doesn't seem like anyone else needs anything I could potentially offer. Am I running into a dead-end or is there something worth sticking with just blowing money and materials towards this?

This crafting system is ridiculously imbalance. There's only worth to be Potter, the only real profession in the game. You'll craft the most important mats for ANY useful profession and all important intems in the game.

Medicine is pathetic, you can only craft healing tonics until lvl 3 and it's really underprized in comparsion to any of that thousand Potter recipes.

I'm hating this so much :(

I think its also pretty silly that for all three levels of cooking/Medical we make *THE SAME* kind of dumpling/Potion..  Why Can't we make Chicken, Fox and Wolf Dumplings that each heal for a progressively higher amount?  Or Why not make Dumplings, Soup, and some other kind of food item, again each a little better than the last??

That would at Least Justify the fact that when you make 2 Dumplings the cost breaks down to a min of its 4c each (if done locally)  but when you make 5 Dumplings it is 13.5c each (Again Locally)

lol all the crafts have "their" value. when u actually get to the end u will see this. i would love to be able to craft my own dumplings and healing pots right now so i never have to think ooo am i going to run out? potter can craft alot, sure but timers are long and u need a ton of stuff, alot of times a stage before goes into the next stage. potter is just a middle man craft. unsealing charms and repair hammers are both things ppl use in large amounts as well. these costs up to 10s on a NPC vendor. Keys are on almost all dailys so might not be worth trying to sell. long story short, things that take less time to make are worth less. things that will take u a week to craft arre worth alot more. makes sense?

Archived