Forums

Failed to connect to server. (204)

WhiteBuii

56 minutes ago, 852273_1452550217 said:

An open letter to NCSoft

B&S is a fantastic game.. and you are ruining it.  You are under performing to the demand for this game.  The good news is the situation is recoverable but you must act now and act quickly.  Please take the following steps if you want a successful launch.

1) Increase the size and number of your servers by 10x

2) Guarantee queue times of < 10 minutes (for all players)

3) Increase maintenance support for the servers

4) Develop fast response protocols to have servers back up within 10 minutes

5) Compensate players for extended outages

6) Develop e-sport infrastructure

I love this game and want it to be successful.  I think you want it to be successful too but you must recognize the path you are on will lead to failure.  Have the courage to go big.

I have thought on 1 more

7)  Communicate to players (email, twitter, etc) when there is an outage describing the issue and providing an ETA when the issue will be resolved.  Let them know that you care and are doing everything you can to resolve the issue.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 852273_1452550217 said:

I have thought on 1 more

7)  Communicate to players (email, twitter, etc) when there is an outage describing the issue and providing an ETA when the issue will be resolved.  Let them know that you care and are doing everything you can to resolve the issue.

Amendment to that, communication FIRST through their forums/servers/server-status.  Wildstar was a nightmare in the way they communicated.  People had to scramble between Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, email, etc to find out where the next update was coming from.  Rather obnoxious really... especially when people were sitting on forums waiting for admin responses, etc.

Archived