Failed to connect to server. (204)

WhiteBuii

2 minutes ago, 852273_1452550217 said:

An open letter to NCSoft

B&S is a fantastic game.. and you are ruining it.  You are under performing to the demand for this game.  The good news is the situation is recoverable but you must act now and act quickly.  Please take the following steps if you want a successful launch.

1) Increase the size and number of your servers by 10x

2) Guarantee queue times of < 10 minutes (for all players)

3) Increase maintenance support for the servers

4) Develop fast response protocols to have servers back up within 10 minutes

5) Compensate players for extended outages

6) Develop e-sport infrastructure

I love this game and want it to be successful.  I think you want it to be successful too but you must recognize the path you are on will lead to failure.  Have the courage to go big.

If I may:

7) Australian servers!!! And soon, before we tire of the lag and leave. They only need to host one here, they don't need any staff or anything in Oz, just a server.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 852273_1452550217 said:

An open letter to NCSoft

B&S is a fantastic game.. and you are ruining it.  You are under performing to the demand for this game.  The good news is the situation is recoverable but you must act now and act quickly.  Please take the following steps if you want a successful launch.

1) Increase the size and number of your servers by 10x

2) Guarantee queue times of < 10 minutes (for all players)

3) Increase maintenance support for the servers

4) Develop fast response protocols to have servers back up within 10 minutes

5) Compensate players for extended outages

6) Develop e-sport infrastructure

I love this game and want it to be successful.  I think you want it to be successful too but you must recognize the path you are on will lead to failure.  Have the courage to go big.

lol. ive asked MULTIPLE times for a refund because i missed out on the ENTIRE headstart that i paid for amongst other things. these guys wont budge. the absolute worst customer service ive ever had to deal with. 

4 minutes ago, bootius said:

lol. ive asked MULTIPLE times for a refund because i missed out on the ENTIRE headstart that i paid for amongst other things. these guys wont budge. the absolute worst customer service ive ever had to deal with. 

Owww, damn.  I had the EXACT same thing happen with Wildstar.  But back then it was due to an admin snafu more or less.  A bunch of us were joking about gold-sellers and bots on day 1 of headstart, making jokes about what the heck could a person possibly have to sell on day one... so I made a sarcastic statement that they assumed was a "legit threat".  They banned me for a full week, causing me to miss the entirety of headstart... and even in appealing and explaining it was a joke, they refused to budge, nor refund/compensate for the loss.  (Had purchased 2 deluxe pre-orders and then some... and they didn't give 2 !@#!s about me as a customer.)

Then Wildstar was bombarded with flying teleporting farm-bots for a good 3-6 months or more.  At least now though, with Wildstar in the crapper, I can feel like I'm having the last laugh. ^_^

Just now, 852273_1452550217 said:

Wednesday was scheduled maintenance on the server.  This normally occurs 1 per week to do patching on the server.  The bad news is it was down for 3 hours on Wednesday.  This could take them another 2-3 hours to fix this.

Heh, kind of scary... down for weekly maintenance ONE DAY after launch, and that took 3 hours, haha. xD

3 hours ago, Agnaktor1234 said:

Hi guys before I got disconnected from the game I was trying to use the Dungeon finder, it kept finding a whole group doing the countdown then resetting over and over. Did anyone else have this Issue? Or is this just connected to the problems they are having now?

1 minute ago, ZombieTech said:

Owww, damn.  I had the EXACT same thing happen with Wildstar.  But back then it was due to an admin snafu more or less.  A bunch of us were joking about gold-sellers and bots on day 1 of headstart, making jokes about what the heck could a person possibly have to sell on day one... so I made a sarcastic statement that they assumed was a "legit threat".  They banned me for a full week, causing me to miss the entirety of headstart... and even in appealing and explaining it was a joke, they refused to budge, nor refund/compensate for the loss.

Then Wildstar was bombarded with flying teleporting farm-bots for a good 3-6 months or more.  At least now though, with Wildstar in the crapper, I can feel like I'm having the last laugh. ^_^

this is the first ive dealt with NC Soft, and without a doubt the last. ive been trying to make sure i can let everyone know the type of company this is. they do NOT deserve to have money thrown at them if this is the way they treat their paying customers.

4 minutes ago, bootius said:

this is the first ive dealt with NC Soft, and without a doubt the last. ive been trying to make sure i can let everyone know the type of company this is. they do NOT deserve to have money thrown at them if this is the way they treat their paying customers.

Oh indeed; I try to pass on the word as well.  If not for my experience in Wildstar (which for the record, out of 32 years as a gamer, was the worst gaming-experience and treatment I've EVER had) I would have bought founders packs for BnS... but due to past-experience, I refuse to drop another dime on NCSoft.  (Not to mention the whole City of Heroes scandal.)

EDIT: I really want to like your comments on this... but I've hit the daily-quota... was hoping they did away with that after the Wildstar like-quota, but blah. :-/

5 minutes ago, ZombieTech said:

Oh indeed; I try to pass on the word as well.  If not for my experience in Wildstar (which for the record, out of 32 years as a gamer, was the worst gaming-experience and treatment I've EVER had) I would have bought founders packs for BnS... but due to past-experience, I refuse to drop another dime on NCSoft.  (Not to mention the whole City of Heroes scandal.)

EDIT: I really want to like your comments on this... but I've hit the daily-quota... was hoping they did away with that after the Wildstar like-quota, but blah. :-/

I'll give you one of my likes and like his comment :D

From their twitter feed 13 minutes ago...   <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Again we are sorry for the current maintenance of all NA Servers. The expected downtime is ~60 minutes. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BladeandSoul?src=hash">#BladeandSoul</a></p>&mdash; Blade &amp; Soul (@bladeandsoul) <a href="https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/690900376887902208">January 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived