Forums

Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Skygenesis92 said:

I've never seen any MMORPG kick gold spammers and bots, every game has them and the developers never bother to get rid of them, maybe it isn't as simple as you think or they have there reasons for not messing with it. I do agree though if they wrote a code or something like you suggested than gold spammers would pretty much disappear completely.

Nope, bypassing chat filters are easy...

Huh, never had this problem with Tera or any other MMO I've played. They sure have a lot of servers to be overflooded. This is kind of depressing and the whole "pay to get priority in queue" thing is really tacky. BnS is really testing my desire to actually give it a shot. If these queues are a regular thing, I may as well just go back to Tera where I don't have to wait to even sign on. Like, what happens if you DC? Do you have to sit in line again to get back in to rejoin your party? This is a really disappointing system.

To answer few people who asked for it (i dont know if something happened in the meantime but...)
This morning a friend of mine deleted a char to reuse the name with another class the waiting time was 6 mins ... so it might have been some visual bug if someone displayed 5/6 days ??

2 hours ago, Erostoana said:

Huh, never had this problem with Tera or any other MMO I've played. They sure have a lot of servers to be overflooded. This is kind of depressing and the whole "pay to get priority in queue" thing is really tacky. BnS is really testing my desire to actually give it a shot. If these queues are a regular thing, I may as well just go back to Tera where I don't have to wait to even sign on. Like, what happens if you DC? Do you have to sit in line again to get back in to rejoin your party? This is a really disappointing system.

Yes if you D/C or the game crashes than you will have to start at the bottom of the queue again and wait so if you waited like 5 hours to get in and the game crashes or you D/C than you'll have to wait another 5 hours to get back in or some shit. 

2 hours ago, DankDuck1 said:

I got on within 15 minutes earlier (~2 hours ago), guess I joined at a good time.

Depends on multiple things like what server you are on, if you are a premium member and what time you got on as well since people getting home from work or school are trying to log on as well. 

But most likely you are probably on a server that isn't as flooded as all the others.

1 minute ago, Skygenesis92 said:

Yes if you D/C or the game crashes than you will have to start at the bottom of the queue again and wait so if you waited like 5 hours to get in and the game crashes or you D/C than you'll have to wait another 5 hours to get back in or some shit. 

Nah, by the time you D/C and reconnect the queue will have at least doubled.

I'm sitting in queue on Jiwan and atleast the queue isn't at the max 5000 capacity like it was yesterday but now the NC soft team can clearly see that 3300 ish people want in on Jiwan in the start of peak time and that would be a nice increase to server capacity to accomodate those who cannot leave Jiwan cuz were (likely) founders whos characters are 30+ who doesn't wanna wait 7 days for deletion. 

I'm not sure why NcSoft didn't add a higher budget for their servers. Did  you honestly not think you would get so many players? Your also forcing new players to use the cross servers as well since you are closing character creation.

Its not hard to over spend on servers then remove some. This is actually making things worse. And from what I've heard, only 3 new servers? rly?

2 minutes ago, DankDuck1 said:

They're adding new servers tomorrow I hear, so that'll help a lot.

Will it really help though if people have already chosen a server and leveled their character, will they want to switch server etc ?

2 hours ago, Sarie said:

I'm sitting in queue on Jiwan and atleast the queue isn't at the max 5000 capacity like it was yesterday but now the NC soft team can clearly see that 3300 ish people want in on Jiwan in the start of peak time and that would be a nice increase to server capacity to accomodate those who cannot leave Jiwan cuz were (likely) founders whos characters are 30+ who doesn't wanna wait 7 days for deletion. 

Actually a lot of people who were founders and got headstarts are already max level but you are right a lot of them are in their mid 30's if not close to 40 by now. I've already seen people bragging about hitting max level and it's annoying. 

8 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

Whelp, that's atrocious. My motivation to stick with this is almost shot if that's the case. That's just terrible.

Just now, Meacher said:

Will it really help though if people have already chosen a server and leveled their character, will they want to switch server etc ?

Well, the low-leveled and new people will certainly be okay with moving over...

I mean, I'm too high of a level for it to be worth switching and releveling, but a lot of people will probably be alright with moving over.

2 hours ago, DankDuck1 said:

They're adding new servers tomorrow I hear, so that'll help a lot.

I doubt it but I'd like to be optimistic about it, those three servers will become flooded just like the rest of the servers, there will still be a queue time most likely. 

Tbh, give it a week guys. (from release date) and then after that things SHOULD be fine. If not, then kick this game in the ass..uninstall and GeeGee. I'm still lvl 7 because, the queue times are extremely ridiculous, I can't get online when I have free time to play. And I started playing on release day. Lol, I'm just trying to stay optimistic about the situation.

Archived