Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, F1r3fly said:

Or offer a free character transfer to new server

I thought they did offer that, but it ended sometime yesterday? Or so I thought I did. I swear I read it somewhere. o _O Maybe on their Twitter? Or forums.

I have been waiting in queue for 3 hours. Finally joined the game and ready to play.guess what? After 5 minutes literally 5 mins "disconnected from server " back to 3k people queue...enjoy. This is literally unplayable for non premium users.maybe that's the plan.. If I knew better I wouldn't buy the headstrt. Even if they offer transfer service you only keep your character name..I'm not gonna throw away 3days of full playtime.you better do complete char transfers for free this sucks hard.

20 minutes ago, F1r3fly said:

I think he meant that there is no point in joining a queue, because you won't get in anyway

Most people think queue is there to limit people getting in. But other than most MMO launches, BnS servers are holding on pretty well.

Sad thing is, those servers that'll be opened now to host the people, will be wastelands in a couple of months. And B&S will end up with 2 medium populated servers and another 10 almost empty ones. Good for business, bad for the community. And these are both equally important.

1 minute ago, MassiveEgo said:

Sad thing is, those servers that'll be opened now to host the people, will be wastelands in a couple of months. And B&S will end up with 2 medium populated servers and another 10 almost empty ones. Good for business, bad for the community. And these are both equally important.

Mergers can easily fix your dilemma there. They set up the game to have unique names/guild across all NA servers so mergers will be even less of a hassle. 

1 minute ago, Galadriel said:

Most people think queue is there to limit people getting in. But other than most MMO launches, BnS servers are holding on pretty well.

Nah, BnS knows people will quit within a few months after it releases. That's why they're only adding more Temporary servers, since it's easier to add more servers than to resize an entire partition.

The auto kick function doesn't do jack, because anyone can spent 6 minutes writing a script that literally presses W,A and D for every set interval and boom no more auto kick.

The real question is, how long will blade and soul have before it slowly dies like it's korean sister "kritika"

2 minutes ago, Kyokai said:

Nah, BnS knows people will quit within a few months after it releases. That's why they're only adding more Temporary servers, since it's easier to add more servers than to resize an entire partition.

The auto kick function doesn't do jack, because anyone can spent 6 minutes writing a script that literally presses W,A and D for every set interval and boom no more auto kick.

The real question is, how long will blade and soul have before it slowly dies like it's korean sister "kritika"

i agree, a macro will negate the auto-kick pretty easily

23 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

That's such a pain. I made a char, then spend a really big chunk of time finding a name which I LIKE. I am NOT losing that name. Period~

Names are region-wide. The name you have on one server can't be used on any other server in the same region, so you are the only one that has it.

They really should offer transfers to the new servers.

4 minutes ago, Ayylien said:

yesterday

"hype game launched"

tomorrow

"bots"

favicon.png

We already had bots in the CBT and 3 Day head start.

If they really wanted to get rid of bots they'd do a massive IP ban, since most bots uses VPN and VPS anyways.

I highly doubt anyone at a Netcafe would play BnS anyway..

I made the mistake of joining Jiwan which is the most popular and overcrowded server so every time I try to play I end up waiting several hours to get into the game but you can't transfer characters to another server so I'm stuck playing on Jiwan, also I've already put some work into my character. 

c

He is level 15 and I've gotten some cool outfits from the wheel of fate and upgrading my weapon and what not so I don't want to start all that over again, unless I decide to completely roll a new character with a new class but I'm focusing on my Assassin for right now, I really want to max him out since I didn't care about any of the other classes. I had already decided I'd play Assassin like months ago, just wish I hadn't of settled on Jiwan but live and learn. 

5 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Names are region-wide. The name you have on one server can't be used on any other server in the same region, so you are the only one that has it.

They really should offer transfers to the new servers.

Oh, thank you for clearing that out for me. I didn't know it's like that. Well with that said I officially have no complains.

Still it would be a better idea to just allocate different servers to different channel pools. That way you don't have 203203920 communities for different servers, but one big community. 100 channels. When ones goes full, a lock appears next to it. No more queues, no more waiting.

2 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

I made the mistake of joining Jiwan which is the most popular and overcrowded server so every time I try to play I end up waiting several hours to get into the game but you can't transfer characters to another server so I'm stuck playing on Jiwan, also I've already put some work into my character. 

c

He is level 15 and I've gotten some cool outfits from the wheel of fate and upgrading my weapon and what not so I don't want to start all that over again, unless I decide to completely roll a new character with a new class but I'm focusing on my Assassin for right now, I really want to max him out since I didn't care about any of the other classes. I had already decided I'd play Assassin like months ago, just wish I hadn't of settled on Jiwan but live and learn. 

Chill bro I just deleted a 40 keepo_by_bloodankh-d94h6yd.png

1 minute ago, MassiveEgo said:

Oh, thank you for clearing that out for me. I didn't know it's like that. Well with that said I officially have no complains.

Still it would be a better idea to just allocate different servers to different channel pools. That way you don't have 203203920 communities for different servers, but one big community. 100 channels. When ones goes full, a lock appears next to it. No more queues, no more waiting.

They need to mergre the server all together and no problem

FFXIV:ARR had a near perfect opening launch... and the expansion Heavensward had an unbelievably perfect launch. They pre invested to be sure and extra sure because they did not want to have any upset fan base (that they already pissed off plenty due to the original horrible launch of FFXIV)... So.. It can be done.. If new MMO launches are still failing, it's absolutely due to being unprepared or not spending enough money -- FFXIV:ARR:Heavensward proved it and raised the bar forever, give credit where it's due.

In the short time I was on before I stupidly changed character, i noticed there's ALOT of shouting from people selling gold/power leveling etc. Surely doing something about these people breaking the EULA would assist the rest of us ? .. just a thought

Archived