Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theyre adding 4 additional servers very soon. This should alleviate queue times for every server exponentially. Once those servers are up, all of you will be able to join and play on those servers. Queue times (if there will be any) should be a fraction of what they are currently. 

Also, this is a few days into launch. This game is extremely popular. Of course people are going to want to try it out. Should NCSoft have known better based on past launches? Sure. But Im really surprised that you guys are acting as if this is the first time a launch has queue times. Every huge game out there had queues during its launch period.

I thought people were just getting mad over nothing, but I guess I happened to play at the right times. I usually don't get any queue, worst I've seen was 300+ for 7min wait. I just checked recently for 3000+... for 160+ mins or something. Nope, I'm out.

Very nice that they implimented AFK boot, but......and this is a big BUT. I q'd up for 1/2hr this evening played for about 1/2hr and got dc'd, loaded back up and had another 1/2hr wait time. It we get booted for some reason or other then we should still have the AFK timer on our acct so we get back in right away or a shorter wait time then full.

10 minutes ago, Bezungy said:

Why are you constantly bashing on NCSoft, do you guys not realize how big the playerbase is right now? Premium was an option to skip wait queue before they even knew that this big of a playerbase had accumulated. This game has been out for 3 days, you can't expect everything to be perfectly playable, calm down guys and just hope for the best.

Again. This is a business. They knew there were going to be a lot of players. They knew this would happen. Just like in Archeage. They knew the amount of people that was coming and still did nothing about it but sell patron packages so people don't have to wait on queue. NCsoft is playing the same game. They could have fixed this issue on day 2. But they want to make money. Its all about that money. You guys cant be so gullible and not see a pattern here with all this companies. Same thing will happen with any other FTP game that comes here. I can accpt bugs, crashes and other minor in game issues, but queues? It total BS. They will fix this as soon as they stop making money from packages and as soon as they want to.

1 minute ago, Bladez said:

Again. This is a business. They knew they were going to be a lot of players. They knew this would happen. Just like in Archeage. They knew the amount of people that was coming and still did nothing about it but sell patron packages so people don't have to wait on queue. NCsoft is playing the same game. They could have fixed this issue on day 2. But they want to make money. Its all about that money. You guys cant be so gullible and not see a pattern here with all this companies. Same thing will happen with any other FTP game that comes here. I can accpt bugs, crashes and other minor in game issues, but queues? It total BS. They will fix this as soon as they stop making money from packages and as soon as they want to.

Not to nitpick, but Archage was Trion. totally different company. 

5 minutes ago, Bladez said:

Again. This is a business. They knew there were going to be a lot of players. They knew this would happen. Just like in Archeage. They knew the amount of people that was coming and still did nothing about it but sell patron packages so people don't have to wait on queue. NCsoft is playing the same game. They could have fixed this issue on day 2. But they want to make money. Its all about that money. You guys cant be so gullible and not see a pattern here with all this companies. Same thing will happen with any other FTP game that comes here. I can accpt bugs, crashes and other minor in game issues, but queues? It total BS. They will fix this as soon as they stop making money from packages and as soon as they want to.

They aren't taking any money buddy, people are choosing to pay for premium to get into the game faster. But not only that, but they also get to enjoy all the benefits that comes with premium in the first place. If you think they are wanting all the servers packed full, why are they rolling out 4 new fresh servers in about 7 hours? How about you stop complaining, and learn to just go with the flow of things. Sure, if you don't want to pay you don't have too, as I didn't either. I waited it out like EVERYONE else is, and finally got into game. Im ensuring you they did not plan this to happen, they weren't even prepared for the amount of founders that played, players had queues full of premium to get into a server.

And once they announced the launch, they had to go with it. Would you rather then shut down all the servers, and spend however long it would take to increase servers, and there capacity and have thousands complaining how they bought Founder's etc. and now can't play OR them try to deal with the problem while keeping the game up and running, in hope that atleast a couple of people would be able to get in the game. You have to look at it from both perspectives bud, but I understand why you are upset, as I was to when I first encountered problems, but I now realize why and I see the effort NCSoft is putting in, trying to get the servers up and going. 

I'm not trying to bash, I'm just trying to explain to some of these guys how these business tends to work most times. Saying that they didn't expected the amount of players is an utter lie and in a way it s also ok. They want to make money and there's nothing wrong with that. However most of these guys don't want to accept that and are getting pissed over an opinion and crying lol.

I've been waiting to get on Jiwan since 5:30pm est when I got home from work and i'm still waiting more than 7 hours later. At position 281 with an estimated time of 18mins which is probably mroe like 3 more hours lol -_-;; 

I see NC soft staff locking threads about queue times... how about some of those staff log on the game and ban some spammers/gold sellers to free up some server spots? Thanks in advance T.T

For the love of god please do something about these que times or add some kind of in line number that you can't lose. I wait 4 freaking hours in the que and the damn game crashes and i restart to get at the end of the que for another 5 hour wait. That's BS i was thinking about becoming premium but stuff like this makes me not want to give them money i just want to check the game out first before i spend money on it.  NC SOFT do something about this NOW!

On 19/1/2016 at 8:28 PM, Testubebaby said:

The queue is BS honestly... The main problem here is that there are a lot of people afking in game... The games should have auto disconnect so that other players can play...

Well, they "play" ( or lets say : not increasing server capacity ) with the queue to "motivate" players to pay for the premium, but because there is insane queue ( i got a 30min queue that lasted for like 50min xD ) players do not disconnect if they have to afk. So, it make their queue even more annoying

considering its a "real" queue, and that they do not tinker with the queue time.. To  stretch it out.. that would not surprise me tho.

Since we dont have all value, no way to verify ( like server capacity / player count.. etc )

That's pretty much ironic.

Did other regions have this queue at launch? Will the queue go away or is an average of 20 minutes expected to log in for the first months?

If the latter is true. This leaves me with 2 options for this game. 

A. Never give this game a try.

B. Try the game when it's dead, but leave soon after cause it's dead. 

Why is there even a queue for a mmorpg? This isn't some MOBA where the client has to search for people to play together... Unbelievable. 

Not trying to say being AFK in a mmorpg is a good thing, but AFK is somewhat part of the culture of mmorpgs. AFK in some nice place with your guild like a meeting spot. Set up a shop while AFK.  Leave in game messages for people who AFK and the reply the moment they come back. AFKing also lets people know that your free time on a computer is dedicated to the game or something. AFK in your player housing or your friends housing. The list for AFK culture goes on and on in a mmorpg, it's your virtual life. AFK is like sleeping. A solution such as kicking people for being AFK should not be a permanent one to solve the queue. All the thousand hour class mmorpgs I've ever played all had AFK elements. Unless this is not a thousand hour class mmorpg and thus probably not worth a lot of time.

Archived