Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sarie said:

Its better to have tons of servers now and let them merge later then to have very few servers now and thousands of angry players. its obvious that customer satisfaction in the present is superior to all else. If the servers populations dwindle it easily fixed with mergers (no one would even be angry with mergers... who cares if servers merge geez).

^ This x 9001. It may cost more initially due to the obvious fact there are more servers to maintain, but with the large community, all the satisfied players who WON'T SUFFER STUPID WAIT TIMES could become long-term veterans. Those people will most likely chip in enough micro-transactions to the point where it will all pay off. If population dies, merge.

I'm happy that they're giving us more servers now, but they never specified HOW MANY of them. It could be just one per region for all they care, and technically that counts as "more servers".

NCSoft is going to lose lots of potential customers. I hope not, though. I want to see this game thrive, but I don't know if the devs care enough about us at this point.

I'll state my opinion, I think the game is incredibly fun. It seems that regardless of premium or not you will be sitting in a very long queue which for games like this it's unacceptable. There was so much hype built around this game and no one at NCSoft ever thought, "Will our server sizes be large enough to hold enough people and keep queue times low?" If you're really worried about bots why not just have a GM in the game banning the accounts? I'm sure there is a way to ban not just the character but the account that is tied to the character. Also I don't blame people wanting to stay in the game, the queue times are horribly long. I've been in queue for 5 hours now and estimated time says I still have about another 8 1/2 hours (500 minutes) or so to go. I'd really hate to think that you guys at NCSoft were unprepared for this, but it seems that way.

Queue is forever, because premium keep joining to the game and u keep having more and more time to join haha wat a game, im in 15 hour queue already, im 200 of 4300, and 900 premium before i can join, and keep going more and more premium, we will get more time, game make to do money, shoulda do it payed

1 minute ago, Sarie said:

Its better to have tons of servers now and let them merge later then to have very few servers now and thousands of angry players. its obvious that customer satisfaction in the present is superior to all else. If the servers populations dwindle it easily fixed with mergers (no one would even be angry with mergers... who cares if servers merge geez).

Server merges come with their own string of complaints that are equally as valid/inane as complaining about que times. With any new MMO there is a surge of players, many of whom simply move on after a short while.  This happens with or without a que time. I am not saying more servers are a bad idea, but that the que times will get better even if servers are not added. And not due to the death of the game.

People who want to play will play. And I speak from sitting through both EQ and WoW's launches. (Neither of which were very smooth. Que times, days of servers being down. Lagging for 15 minutes trying to loot... the joy.) The point being, those who want to continue playing will do so. Some may go away for a while until the problem is fixed, others will try their luck. A large portion of those who will turn away... would have done so in a few months when they ran out of things to do because they rushed to the top and got the shock that the developers weren't going to produce new content at these hasty Bob's paces.

LOL pathetic launch, NCsoft should know better but now it shows their incompetence when they try and save money by not having proper servers.   This game and company will definetaly not get any money from me.  5 hours in que... get dc well you are fkd and gotta wait in que again absolutely pathetic from NCsoft.

Will spend my money on Black Desert Online when it launches.

lololol Someone posted in another thread and maybe a few Others in this one that :  "I think the que times is a ploy by NCSoft to get more people to buy Premium."

I also thought that Myself but really don't want to believe it.

During the day to mid day starting early morning today at 4am PST there was NO wait for Me AT    ALL ....... After 2pm one could say " Forget it".

The only thing I can think of about que times after 2pm is " Schools Out " ;p

19 minutes ago, Infamousxiii said:

move to a smaller server or buy some premium time.

That's a problem. Moving to a new server means recreating the character that some people put a lot of time into.

Moving into a low populated server this early at launch is a bad idea. Cus eventually people will learn about it and flood that server.

Anyway seriously its a problem. It's ridiculous.

But my biggest problem is the premium. I'm not one and this isn't a hate comment. It's more of a why. If your premium then you get placed in front of f2p players. Fabulous. My problem is it seems that there Queue times are no better or faster then ours.  I thought premium members would be given less queue times and a faster way into the game. But no, instead premium players just hold up every other player and have endure a grueling wait in a shorter line. That's ridiculous and a near worthless investment in money.

They make it to take money, u can see a screen at login saying, buy premium priority your queue time, thats it... more premium buy the game and non premium user never going to join because you keep getting more and more time

I also thought that the queue times were a ploy for people to buy premium. I mean, hundreds and HUNDREDS of premium people are stuck right now. Then again, I bet a lot of them got premium before the launch, just to show their love and support for the devs and the game.

One announcement just now said that they're going to add 4 more servers for NA, and 2 more for EU. That's it...? Yeah, that's TOTALLY going to be enough...for 10 minutes. I won't lie -- I'm happy that they're adding more. I just wished they added MORE THAN THAT.

Add like 10 for each region on top of the ones they plan to add, and we'll probably call it good.

I tried logging Iksanun twice at around 8 AM and 11 AM PST and had no queue to worry about, I try logging again in the evening to find a ~3000 queue. I think people underestimate the time of day when it comes to server load. Of course there are going to be issues when your entire player-base logs in at one particular time of day. I used to play a game where there was only one international server which allowed for significant differences in what was generalized as the NA, EU, and Asian time-zones.

It's difficult to account for raw numbers upon a release that only happened for non-founders what... not even 48 hours ago? I don't think the number of Founder's Packs sold is in any way an indicator of how many people will actually express interest in playing.

Don't get me started on the gold sellers and bots that are just wasting space on each of the servers, those will need time to get purged since they keep popping up. Most of which are finding pretty creative ways of advertising.

Personally, I'd like to see the trolls kicked as well. In the day or so I've been playing I've seen the occasional player engage in unjustified rants or just flaming. If they don't like the game that much, they're not obligated to play and should just log off to make room for the people that actually might enjoy this game.

Raging on the forums doesn't really help either if you're a victim of the queue times, at least this company seems to be quick with fixing things. My old game hasn't received a patch in over 8 months and the one that was attempted recently had to be pulled since it caused the game to crash, had a management team that barely keeps in touch with players, and truly was anything but f2p. This game has it easy by comparison, trust me.

The only thing NCSoft messed up was prediction, they proposed a solution and gave an estimate of when it's supposed to be in place. Take my advice and keep your whining to yourself until if you see them not deliver on said promise.

This kind of behavior by a prominent gaming company is unacceptable. Hit them where it hurts -- in the wallet. You payed for the game, they are required to let you play it, plain and simple. Write up a Billing ticket for a refund and make them panic. If they say no, contact your cc company and request a chargeback.

25 minutes ago, Rayzr said:

I'll state my opinion, I think the game is incredibly fun. It seems that regardless of premium or not you will be sitting in a very long queue which for games like this it's unacceptable. There was so much hype built around this game and no one at NCSoft ever thought, "Will our server sizes be large enough to hold enough people and keep queue times low?" If you're really worried about bots why not just have a GM in the game banning the accounts? I'm sure there is a way to ban not just the character but the account that is tied to the character. Also I don't blame people wanting to stay in the game, the queue times are horribly long. I've been in queue for 5 hours now and estimated time says I still have about another 8 1/2 hours (500 minutes) or so to go. I'd really hate to think that you guys at NCSoft were unprepared for this, but it seems that way.

I disagree, I believe it was a business plan for them to have smaller servers from the start! One, there is no WAY they knew that there would be little players, they have had MULTIPLE CBT testings and I'm sure there were a handful of founder pack buyers. Two, they even had a REAL LIFE launch held in California gaming stadium where thousands waited in line to attend, so by then I'm sure they know the amount of traffic that they were going to expect. Three, having a convenient banner RIGHT next to your queue time offering you to buy a "Premium Pass" for $10 in order to wait LESS in line INSTEAD, of having a banner that says "We apologize for our server capacity load, we will be buying/upgrading servers soon in the near 'x' hours/days. To me, NCSoft did a great job squeezing money out of people by offering the premium pass. They are a business after all and I get it, they have to make money some how but I purely believe that the way they chose to handle the situation was terrible. It's like adding insult to your injuries.

Also, I believe they completely rigged the game to black out/freeze after cutscenes regardless if you skip it or play it because I already gotten disconnected twice today and I'm back in queue again. They had a couple months of CBT testing, there should not have been any reason to still have such a SIMPLE bug not get fixed. After getting disconnected twice, I was almost tempted to buy the premium pass but I decided not to because of the way this company treats their customer base. $10 is NOTHING but I rather not support this company any longer.

12 minutes ago, Morotzukami said:

lololol Someone posted in another thread and maybe a few Others in this one that :  "I think the que times is a ploy by NCSoft to get more people to buy Premium."

I also thought that Myself but really don't want to believe it.

During the day to mid day starting early morning today at 4am PST there was NO wait for Me AT    ALL ....... After 2pm one could say " Forget it".

The only thing I can think of about que times after 2pm is " Schools Out " ;p

Joke all you want about the 'children' getting off school to play a free game, but normal people who don't get up at 4am to play a game all day also get off work a couple hours later. People aren't ignorant for logging in during peak hours, the ignorance stems from the complete lack of foresight from a veteran developer.

Just FYI premium has virtually no queue on any servers now.

Mushin 7PM PST takes < 10m to get in.

In all seriousness this was one of the best launches I've been in. Though that was not unexpected since the game's been out for so long. Obviously there will be queues because at launch a higher percentage of a server's players will be attempting to play concurrently. So for there to be a healthy long term population it's normally necessary to have some queues during launch.

I took some time off, and logged off every night and logged back on in the mornings. After 5 days, I've waited about an hour in queue in total, and spent that time eating breakfast. This was for Mushin which was by far the most populated server during head start.

The servers work perfectly when you're in.

I started around  one in the afternoon. Now it is 9:30 pm and I still have a 423 minute wait.  I'm number 433 out of 4459. They need to fix this.

I thought two games of LoL on my gf's laptop would be enough time. Also though going out to eat for lunch would be enough as well. So wrong.

Archived