Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

2 minutes ago, EaglePhoenix said:

This, at least let me know when I have to get back to my pc/game - without having to stare at my login screen for the next 1.5 hours, just in case - without risking to get kicked again due to AFK timer expiring.. 

yeah that is true, didnt think of that hehe, nice catch hehe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Natte76 said:

the que is hilarious I made a new char on other server, time said 25 mins in que 20 mins later it says 18 mins :P

To you and all the others complaining about the time.... They really just need to remove the timer. It is adjusted based on an estimate of how many players are logging off/in and has no real impact on how long you are in the queue. 

For example: You could have a queue of 100 players and 20 of those players log out over a 5 minute period. The estimator will assume that players are logging out at a rate of 20 players per 5 minutes, or 4 players a minute. With 100 players ahead of you, it will assume then that it will take 25 minutes for you to log in if there are 20 players logging out every 5 minutes. Now, let us assume that over the following 5 minutes that NO players log out. You now have a timeframe of 10 minutes where only 20 players have logged out, which means that the estimator will assume players are logging out at 2 players per minute instead of 4 players per minute. The estimator will update and tell you that there are still 100 players in line, but due to only 20 players logging out in the last 10 minutes then you have an estimated wait time of 50 minutes. 

Long story short, there is no possible way for the queue time estimator to accurately tell you how long you will have to wait. Ignore the timer and focus on the number of players that are remaining in the queue. They really just need to take the timer off and only tell players what spot they are in the queue rather than agitating them with a timer that will never be accurate.

4 minutes ago, KeyloGT said:

The reason you have those crazy wait times is because you are a non-premium member. Premiums still have to wait, but not as long as a non-premium. Think of it as a low priority/high priority system. Also, the reason why we have crazy wait times is because every time a premium member joins the queue it adds time because it has to compensate for the premium member, but realize your wait can vary so it can be quick or it can slow. I'm kinda've lol'ing at all these kids raging.

But why would I invest, if it isn't even sure whether or not I'll have to wait (a long time)? Less longer than non-premium, can still mean you have to wait a long time.. just less long. .

Just now, Shoshin said:

To you and all the others complaining about the time.... They really just need to remove the timer. It is adjusted based on an estimate of how many players are logging off/in and has no real impact on how long you are in the queue. 

For example: You could have a queue of 100 players and 20 of those players log out over a 5 minute period. The estimator will assume that players are logging out at a rate of 20 players per 5 minutes, or 4 players a minute. With 100 players ahead of you, it will assume then that it will take 25 minutes for you to log in if there are 20 players logging out every 5 minutes. Now, let us assume that over the following 5 minutes that NO players log out. You now have a timeframe of 10 minutes where only 20 players have logged out, which means that the estimator will assume players are logging out at 2 players per minute instead of 4 players per minute. The estimator will update and tell you that there are still 100 players in line, but due to only 20 players logging out in the last 10 minutes then you have an estimated wait time of 50 minutes. 

Long story short, there is no possible way for the queue time estimator to accurately tell you how long you will have to wait. Ignore the timer and focus on the number of players that are remaining in the queue. They really just need to take the timer off and only tell players what spot they are in the queue rather than agitating them with a timer that will never be accurate.

I know, it also can go up at times, but it just feels so funny when it does it, I am no newb to que times, been playing lots of MMO´s my self so I know all about them, but none has been this far off before that I can recall, exept well Archage who had no idea what the time should be jumpped at times from 10 min to 1 hour and then back down to 5 mins lol.

FYI to any who are interested...this latest patch introduces an AFK timer. Not sure how this will impact those already in game...only reason I downloaded is i got dropped during an instance transition. Hopefully they will do something along the lines of forcing people off the servers to d/l the patch, or hopefully the AFK timer is instituted server side w/o patch involvement.

EDIT: oh yeah, and on Old Man Cho right now, 0 Prem waiting. non-prem is over 3k, but at least if your prem on OMC your getting in fast.

Just now, KeyloGT said:

The reason you have those crazy wait times is because you are a non-premium member. Premiums still have to wait, but not as long as a non-premium. Think of it as a low priority/high priority system. Also, the reason why we have crazy wait times is because every time a premium member joins the queue it adds time because it has to compensate for the premium member, but realize your wait can vary so it can be quick or it can slow. I'm kinda've lol'ing at all these kids raging.

There have been 0 Premium members waiting on my server for the past 30 minutes...

Trying to force people into Premium membership in such a sneaky way, in my case, will lead me to never spend another dime on their game again.
Non premium players are also customers and have spent money in the store and I was planning to spend plenty more.
But If they think they can treat people like crap and get paid for it, they can GUESS AGAIN.

It's time to chill.

The game literally just came out.

This is an issue that other games have experienced at launch in the past.

And this is certainly not the worst I've seen.

Give it 1-2 weeks and everything will probably be mostly good.

Don't get too worked up over the queue timer, either. You can't really trust it much.

I've been at #900-something in the queue, and it said I had 224 minutes remaining.

I got in much quicker than that.

But, like I said, give it 1-2 weeks and it'll become a trivial matter altogether.

Man, I'm glad I didn't buy a founder pack or anything like that.

(I'll probably end up spending money on this game at some point anyway)

But I suppose we'll see who gets the last word once the smoke from launch clears.

5 minutes ago, Deithrian said:

There have been 0 Premium members waiting on my server for the past 30 minutes...

Trying to force people into Premium membership in such a sneaky way, in my case, will lead me to never spend another dime on their game again.
Non premium players are also customers and have spent money in the store and I was planning to spend plenty more.
But If they think they can treat people like crap and get paid for it, they can GUESS AGAIN.

Not to split hairs...but realistically, they aren't getting paid to treat people like crap. the people that are paying them are getting in "instantly", or at least much faster then those who are griping for their free service. So they're actually getting paid to let people in FASTER.

I'm pretty empathetic to the whole queue thing, but let's be honest...anyone who isn't putting money into the game isn't losing ANYTHING. plunk down the price of a sub (or heck, just a 9 day pass is like 5$) and you get in. 

so if you dont' plan on paying anything for the game that they're offering...well yeah, your not going to get priority. When was the last time you saw a restaurant give priority to someone outside the restaurant that was paying nothing over the patrons inside that were paying money for their food?

Try the premium, and then gripe if it doesn't work for ya. that's logical. All this whining about a free service...seriously...

On a different note: you can't compare this to Wildstar's release, as WS released as a SUB ONLY game. people had a right to gripe about queues and crashing servers as they had invested real dollars in buying the game, AND a sub (i bought 2 copies). Most the people getting freebies off this game...well, not sure what to say. You get what you pay for.

2 minutes ago, LiquidLogic said:

What i don't understand is when i join a queue that is only 70 minutes then i jumps up to 150+ minutes. What is going on?

Don't trust the time. only the # in queue (and even then, don't trust it completely).

As stated earlier, time in queue is based on an expected average. not a real time number. and the # in queue is a bit more accurate, but due to server lag, stat computations, and delivery, it's not precise, but it's closer then the time. go grab a cup of coffee, browse the web a bit...but keep an eye on your game in the background...with the new AFK timer, it's easy to space out and forget you were in queue. That would suck to wait all that time, only to get booted back out again.

1 minute ago, Temjiu said:

Not to split hairs...but realistically, they aren't getting paid to treat people like crap. the people that are paying them are getting in "instantly", or at least much faster then those who are griping for their free service.

I'm pretty empathetic to the whole queue thing, but let's be honest...anyone who isn't putting money into the game isn't losing ANYTHING. plunk down the price of a sub (or heck, just a 9 day pass is like 5$) and you get in. 

so if you dont' plan on paying anything for the game that they're offering...well yeah, your not going to get priority. When was the last time you saw a restaurant give priority to someone outside the restaurant that was paying nothing over the patrons inside that were paying money for their food?

Try the premium, and then gripe if it doesn't work for ya. that's logical. All this whining about a free service...seriously...

On a different note: you can't compare this to Wildstar's release, as WS released as a SUB ONLY game. people had a right to gripe about queues and crashing servers as they had invested real dollars in buying the game, AND a sub (i bought 2 copies). Most the people getting freebies off this game...well, not sure what to say. You get what you pay for.

My post was very clear that I did spend money and was planning to spend more, but not anymore. If they want to treat paying customers like non-paying customers that's what they will get.
+1 non-paying 'customer' 

3 minutes ago, Helioskrill said:

It's time to chill.

The game literally just came out.

This is an issue that other games have experienced at launch in the past.

And this is certainly not the worst I've seen.

Give it 1-2 weeks and everything will probably be mostly good.

Don't get too worked up over the queue timer, either. You can't really trust it much.

I've been at #900-something in the queue, and it said I had 224 minutes remaining.

I got in much quicker than that.

But, like I said, give it 1-2 weeks and it'll become a trivial matter altogether.

It will be chill because any normal person would quit the game with these queue times

people saying NC doesnt read the forum look at a couple of replys by people on this thread guaranteed ncsoft staff. seriously this company i swore to myself i would never come back to but this game tempting. NC spend some money yeah ? like hire people to patroll noob zones scouting for gold seller bots whatever there the problem with the ques and i know you dont like spending money only creating it out of no where by selling items/memberships you create. hell i along with loads others would happily police noob zones for free.

your track record with mmo's have been completely horrible like the most biggest pile of suck team you could ever find, i still think the whole company is run by an animal somewhere locked up and the animal just presses buttons and shapes..

just think about what your doing people are not stupid and its clear to see you do things on purpose to make people pay for premium or whatever, you have a massive game here which has the potential to wipe out some big mmo sort yourselfs out i would literally throw money in your big stupid faces if you actually were here for the players and there enjoyment not just for profit.

but this is like blowing in the wind or whatever, NC soft are the gold sellers lol.

1 minute ago, Deithrian said:

My post was very clear that I did spend money and was planning to spend more, but not anymore. If they want to treat paying customers like non-paying customers that's what they will get.
+1 non-paying 'customer' 

Fair enough. I did too, I enjoyed early release, and the queue is pretty frustrating at times. But tomorrow I plan on investing in Premium, for a number of reasons:

1) I enjoy the game. It has it's issues, but nothing glaring at me atm. Most of my concerns are actually answered by going premium, which is something I usually do when I enjoy a game. So I tend to see it from a premium perspective.

2) Premium solves the wait, and solves the other issues i have with the game. Mostly. Crafting is still a bit awkward IMO and needs some changes, but again, Being premium solves my worries. I come from the days when MMO's simply had subscriptions. While I enjoy the new f2p transition...at the same time, to me it's really more of a "try before you buy" thing. so to me it's a free glance at the game.

3) you get allot of cool stuff by being premium. In total, I've paid 30$ for my founders pack, and I will be paying for 30 days premium here shortly. Back when I first started WoW (the first MMO I paid for technically, played other before that, but it was the first I really invested my own finances in), I paid 50$ for the game itself, and i had to sign up for a subscription at 15$ a month (it may have been 13 at the time, that was a while ago can't remember), JUST TO PLAY IT. 

I'm not triumphing the days of sub models...I honestly think that MMO's go to the f2p model because they actually can make more money off of it...ironically...but I'm saying that putting down 30 + 15 for a game isn't overpriced at all when it used to be 50-60+15 (and that 15 was a monthly recurring charge). SO overall, I feel that you really need to get into the premium first before judgments can be made. Without that all were playing is a "trial", no matter how they want to badge it.

2 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

Fair enough. I did too, I enjoyed early release, and the queue is pretty frustrating at times. But tomorrow I plan on investing in Premium, for a number of reasons:

1) I enjoy the game. It has it's issues, but nothing glaring at me atm. Most of my concerns are actually answered by going premium, which is something I usually do when I enjoy a game. So I tend to see it from a premium perspective.

2) Premium solves the wait, and solves the other issues i have with the game. Mostly. Crafting is still a bit awkward IMO and needs some changes, but again, Being premium solves my worries. I come from the days when MMO's simply had subscriptions. While I enjoy the new f2p transition...at the same time, to me it's really more of a "try before you buy" thing. so to me it's a free glance at the game.

3) you get allot of cool stuff by being premium. In total, I've paid 30$ for my founders pack, and I will be paying for 30 days premium here shortly. Back when I first started WoW (the first MMO I paid for technically, played other before that, but it was the first I really invested my own finances in), I paid 50$ for the game itself, and i had to sign up for a subscription at 15$ a month (it may have been 13 at the time, that was a while ago can't remember), JUST TO PLAY IT. 

I'm not triumphing the days of sub models...I honestly think that MMO's go to the f2p model because they actually can make more money off of it...ironically...but I'm saying that putting down 30 + 15 for a game isn't overpriced at all when it used to be 50-60+15 (and that 15 was a monthly recurring charge). SO overall, I feel that you really need to get into the premium first before judgments can be made. Without that all were playing is a "trial", no matter how they want to badge it.

A Premium membership is a long term commitment.
I can't commit to a game I have played for 5 hours and know next to nothing about...
If you want to enjoy the benefits of Premium that's great, but Premium is not for everyone.
This doesn't mean that non-premium money are not money. They are and NC just lost some of it :)

Archived