Long Queued = Gold Bots Everywhere

Salfo

Pleaseeee!! Start BAN BOTS!!!

Today I Login at 4pm (Argentina) and in the chat of the WORLD the posts of GOLD DOESNT STOP!!!

GMs Login! And Start BANNING!! That is the Problem of LONG QUEUED!!!

Thanks! 

What do you Think People?.

2 minutes ago, Salfo said:

What do you Think People?.

I think that you have effectively made post # 4,786,654 on the same exact topic!

I think that people need to either pay for premium or just be patient.

I think that you have no idea what NCSoft devs are doing behind the curtain, and just how many bots and gold sellers we're dealing with here. 

Hint: When you ban one, two more appear. It's not as easy as you think to get rid of them. If there was a magic button, I'm sure they would've pressed it already.

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

I think that you have effectively made post # 4,786,654 on the same exact topic!

I think that people need to either pay for premium or just be patient.

I think that you have no idea what NCSoft devs are doing behind the curtain, and just how many bots and gold sellers we're dealing with here. 

Hint: When you ban one, two more appear. It's not as easy as you think to get rid of them. If there was a magic button, I'm sure they would've pressed it already.

Yeah the post 5m =3. I'm very patient that is why i wait the long queued but I think the problem of bots is something we already knew and had to be studied before taking the Opening. 

Personally I feel that there should be a system that detects keywords like "Buy gold ____" and they get immedietly logged off and "banned" from que for 4 hours. 

If they did that it would make the que WAY lower and get rid of "most" of the gold bots. This would be if they spammed it though (meaning that's all the say more than 3 times.)

4 minutes ago, Tenroy said:

Personally I feel that there should be a system that detects keywords like "Buy gold ____" and they get immedietly logged off and "banned" from que for 4 hours. 

If they did that it would make the que WAY lower and get rid of "most" of the gold bots. This would be if they spammed it though (meaning that's all the say more than 3 times.)

If it was this easy, it would have been done already.

It's great that you are all suggesting fixes that you personally think would work, but you're not the devs and you don't know what happens behind the scenes, therefore you just can't come up with an effective way to stop them. Your idea sounds great, but there are definitely implications. Like what if a real player typed the words "buy gold" and they got banned for 4 hours? See how that wouldn't work?

Well they could still be doing something about it, doing nothing is like saying its ok to bot and spam. They could just have a gm sit and ban every spammer immediately as it happens. but its not done, because there's no motivation, they are making tons of money from premium because bots are flooding the server creating such long que times for non premium players.

7 minutes ago, PsychoticFlamez said:

Well they could still be doing something about it, doing nothing is like saying its ok to bot and spam. They could just have a gm sit and ban every spammer immediately as it happens. but its not done, because there's no motivation, they are making tons of money from premium because bots are flooding the server creating such long que times for non premium players.

To say they are doing absolutely nothing is ignorance at best lol

Again, there's no magic button they can press to make everything go POOF! in an instant. Things like this take time to work out...

Their needs to be more posts about it. If the problem is not getting fixed then its obvious people need to make like the bots and spam the crap out of the forum until someone does something about it. The game will die fast if no one can communicate (and I am not talking about whispering people.) I would suggest making another chat tab for people who are above level 10+ or VIP. The people who run the bots would get annoyed and stay spamming in the general chat (that I have currently disabled.) The dedicated botters will be able to make their bots automatically go farm till lvl10 but banning them would be more effective since it would take time for them to get back and running and their would be less of them. There are many other ways to rid your game of this intense spam but most developers don't really care all that much as long as they are still making money.  As for the closed curtains comment. This isn't a secret mission, this is a huge problem that I am sure the devs will announce openly when they have plans of fixing it.  Until then be loud make sure to get your point across being patient in this case only lowers its priority. When they announce a fix is on the way, Plz shush and let them do their job. ^_~

1 minute ago, Pirocious said:

Their needs to be more posts about it. If the problem is not getting fixed then its obvious people need to make like the bots and spam the crap out of the forum until someone does something about it. The game will die fast if no one can communicate (and I am not talking about whispering people.) I would suggest making another chat tab for people who are above level 10+ or VIP. The people who run the bots would get annoyed and stay spamming in the general chat (that I have currently disabled.) The dedicated botters will be able to make their bots automatically go farm till lvl10 but banning them would be more effective since it would take time for them to get back and running and their would be less of them. There are many other ways to rid your game of this intense spam but most developers don't really care all that much as long as they are still making money.  As for the closed curtains comment. This isn't a secret mission, this is a huge problem that I am sure the devs will announce openly when they have plans of fixing it.  Until then be loud make sure to get your point across being patient in this case only lowers its priority. When they announce a fix is on the way, Plz shush and let them do their job. ^_~

Nope, but sounds good.

3 minutes ago, Pirocious said:

Of course i'm going to say THANKS A LOT! And then Shush but for now im going to do this post ;).

5 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

To say they are doing absolutely nothing is ignorance at best lol

Again, there's no magic button they can press to make everything go POOF! in an instant. Things like this take time to work out...

Well saying that is one thing, but what have they actually done about it yet? Nothing. point and case, doesn't mean they aren't eventually going to do anything about it. Just the fact that they haven't is a lack of response time to a growing issue.

Just now, PsychoticFlamez said:

Well saying that is one thing, but what have they actually done about it yet? Nothing. point and case, doesn't mean they aren't eventually going to do anything about it. Just the fact that they haven't is a lack of response time to a growing issue.

How do you know they haven't and aren't doing anything about it? Assuming because you personally don't see anything with your own eyes?

There are hundreds of bots on a server at a single time. Even if they ban half of them, you won't notice a difference.

Just now, Munchiez said:

How do you know they haven't and aren't doing anything about it? Assuming because you personally don't see anything with your own eyes?

There are hundreds of bots on a server at a single time. Even if they ban half of them, you won't notice a difference.

There's no evidence that they have, or haven't. Neither of us are right, or wrong, Still they could be doing something to let the community know something is happening.

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Munches how do we know they are? They have not said anything about it and if we don't say anything about it they wont care. I understand you are triggered and I hope the Devs get triggered enough to fix it. :P

Just now, PsychoticFlamez said:

There's no evidence that they have, or haven't. Neither of us are right, or wrong, Still they could be doing something to let the community know something is happening.

They have. There have been many posts here and on the BnS reddit from NCSoft staff saying that they are in fact working on the issue. And no, I'm not going to go dig them all up for you, but I have seen them.

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

Or you can just keep continuing with thinking that this is just some big conspiracy and they're actually letting the bots in and lying to the entire player base.

At least I have an optimistic view on things. ;)

I agree keepo_by_bloodankh-d94h6yd.png

3 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

They have. There have been many posts here and on the BnS reddit from NCSoft staff saying that they are in fact working on the issue. And no, I'm not going to go dig them all up for you, but I have seen them.

Link Please?. And i think that they can post something about that in Annoucements.

Just now, Munchiez said:

Or you can just keep continuing with thinking that this is just some big conspiracy and they're actually letting the bots in and lying to the entire player base.

At least I have an optimistic view on things. ;)

We all know ncsoft employees are the Illumi..... wait Conspiracy, What is this?

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

At least I have an optimistic (and realistic) view on things. ;)

Your optimistic view is very delusional.

Seeing the chats constantly flooded with spam builds the idea of "Oh hey this is going to be like every other free mmorpg. No GMs and 90% cash grab, See ya.)   You are basically telling people who want this problem fixed to shut up. Try looking at things from other peoples views. Saying nothing does nothing. Say something once and it will be ignored. Get a group of people to sign a petition and you can change the world around you. I am not saying that the devs are not working on the problem silently but its stupid to shame someone for posting a problem more then once. It would just get ignored if people didn't speak up.

4 minutes ago, Pirocious said:

Your optimistic view is very delusional.

Seeing the chats constantly flooded with spam builds the idea of "Oh hey this is going to be like every other free mmorpg. No GMs and 90% cash grab, See ya.)   You are basically telling people who want this problem fixed to shut up. Try looking at things from other peoples views. Saying nothing does nothing. Say something once and it will be ignored. Get a group of people to sign a petition and you can change the world around you. I am not saying that the devs are not working on the problem silently but its stupid to shame someone for posting a problem more then once. It would just get ignored if people didn't speak up.

You can only make so many hundreds of posts before it becomes pointless to make another one that covers the exact same thing. You people literally just feel like NCSoft has some hidden button in the basement of their HQ that they can press to get rid of the all of the issues at once. As a programmer, I'd like to inform you that it's not as easy as you think.

Archived