Blade And Soul - Dead in 18 months

Smartly

44 minutes ago, Aredian said:

The reason for archeage's death were the P2W, it's horrible community and the fact that trion is a horrible company.  I'm not saying that I agree with everything that NCSoft does or like them especially, but they're light years better than trion. In fact, I believe that there isn't a single company right now that is worse than trion. Sandbox content is also not really appealing to a lot of people like theme park. Sandbox mmos are always a niche, so it was acceptable that to end up having a small player base, but still not this small.

Archeage was also extremely overhyped, because it was the first sandbox experience for most new mmo players. The last sandbox mmo before it was SW:G.

But back to the topic: The fact the BnS has decent pvp is what will keep it alive in the long run, even if people shouldn't be satisfied with the coming pve content. The game is running just fine in the east, so why would it fail here? A lot of people have been waiting for this game for years to come to the west, this people will keep playing and the mmo hoppers will continue to the next mmo. The player numbers will still be fine, so I don't expect the game to die out at all.

What I would really like to know though, is the reason why YOU are still here if you think the game will be dead. :)

gameforge is bad too :3 but yeah, trion just bruhhhh

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny I just uninstalled the game today. Uninstalled discord without telling anyone I was leaving because they would try to convince me to stay.

I grinded like hell to reach 550ap on my FM. I was taught how to do 4 mans asura by some patient and wonderful people in a guild. Then it hit me.....this is boring af, wtf is this? I can't keep doing this crap day in and day out. Where is the fun in end game. Bai!

Necro post too stronk lol.

eiHPxF9.png

1 hour ago, LadyGamerluv said:

It's funny I just uninstalled the game today. Uninstalled discord without telling anyone I was leaving because they would try to convince me to stay.

I grinded like hell to reach 550ap on my FM. I was taught how to do 4 mans asura by some patient and wonderful people in a guild. Then it hit me.....this is boring af, wtf is this? I can't keep doing this crap day in and day out. Where is the fun in end game. Bai!

Turns out the game is actually more fun to play when you don't care about endgame. B&S seems like progression is supposed to be really hardcore, but I just do not feel compelled to play at that pace. I'm totally casual due to time contraints, and as a result have alot of fun with it, Leveling alts etc. Of course the asterisk is that the HM 5s and 10s make PvP alot more difficult than it would otherwise be,(that losing streak is real) I don't have that much time to play, and I can't even get into the endgame dungeons. lol, by the time I reach the AP requirement, there'll probably be another expansion anyway.

Not that i'm excusing the issues, I wish it weren't so difficult to catch up to the rest of the community, but what can you do..

(nothing?)

PVP is pretty much broken with all the bugs and shitty servers.

Trying to farm end-game for upgrades and the game ramdomly closes or u get the disconnect message after you grind your ass off for prestige points..
I like the game, i really do.. i gave up PVP cuz i was getting mad AF with the freezes.. now i get the same small freezes and when i least expect the game crashes. its really getting ridiculous.. and i'm a pacient person..

At this point i'd say fire the entire team and hire a new one.. and while you're at it.. buy new servers or w/e you have to get this damn game stable.

i'm writting this out of madness.. my game just crashed twice when i was running at the npc with 500pp. cmon really.. so tilted right now.

NCSoft, please get your shit together.

m8, it's your ISP, not the servers. Definitely not the servers. Why would it be the servers? Can't be true man. 

But yeah, just take the endgame relaxed and you'll have way more fun than trying to go hardcore progression.

Servers still suck tho.

3 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

I can understand a game not being fun for someone.  What I never understood is why they go about deleting the game and then still visit the forums and post. :p

54 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I can understand a game not being fun for someone.  What I never understood is why they go about deleting the game and then still visit the forums and post. :p

I still post on games I don't play anymore. I will check in on this game to see if anything fun gets added in the future, like equalized battlegrounds,raid-like. But unfortunately I only played this game for 6 months, that is the shortest time for me to get bored with an mmo ever. Especially after investing alot of money and subscribing.

4 minutes ago, LadyGamerluv said:

I still post on games I don't play anymore. I will check in on this game to see if anything fun gets added in the future, like equalized battlegrounds,raid-like. But unfortunately I only played this game for 6 months, that is the shortest time for me to get bored with an mmo ever. Especially after investing alot of money and subscribing.

Then why delete it?  Leave it on so you have less to download if you decide to play again.

I'm not sure in BnS will be dead in 18 months but NCWest certainly needs get their act together in a lot of areas if this game is gonna last nearly as long as it is in other regions.

It doesn't help that the Devs are just barely listening to the player community, there is no designated spot for proper feedback and the ingame surveys are joke. I love BnS but NCWest is giving it a sour aftertaste with how they're handling things.

7 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Then why delete it?  Leave it on so you have less to download if you decide to play again.

The download time is negligible. I just wasn't having fun anymore and I didn't want get sucked back right away with so many issues still in the game. That ding noise when someone logs into discord would have been too tempting. I'm going cold turkey in the game but will follow forums for anything fun that might be added :D

52 minutes ago, LadyGamerluv said:

The download time is negligible. I just wasn't having fun anymore and I didn't want get sucked back right away with so many issues still in the game. That ding noise when someone logs into discord would have been too tempting. I'm going cold turkey in the game but will follow forums for anything fun that might be added :D

Too bad you're not actually quitting but just taking a break.

It would be nice if everybody who "quit" donated their mats/gold since they obviously don't need it anymore. XD

53 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Too bad you're not actually quitting but just taking a break.

It would be nice if everybody who "quit" donated their mats/gold since they obviously don't need it anymore. XD

You know, I've seen posts of people giving away all they could as a means of not coming back to a game.

They came back and then regretted giving away all the stuff.

However, at least when they do give away their stuff, it feels more sincere, when they say they're quitting.

I love how people are constantly trying to spread around the mentality of "this game is dead and shitty, don't start playing it, keep away". :') I will admit that the game is dead only when finding one Asura Ember from market takes longer than 3 weeks.

Players have proselytized like this since the dawn of MMOs. After 1.2 was launched for SWTOR players cried, 'The game is dead, dying, going to die, or fade away,' for 5 years. Yet, the game is still going on. I pay no attention to those who come to the forums and spout of like this because of their perception of their own imagination based on no factual evidence but their own interpretation of what they want to believe is happening. Funny thing, if all of what they say is true then why are they still playing the game or coming to post on the forums? Because they want others to have less fun because they cannot have fun so they make others suffer. I call this the 'wounded duck syndrome.' Best advice is to ignore those that proselytize in this manner and go about your merry way.

22 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

It's funny how everyone seem to think that if they personally quit, the whole game is dead. :'D

To be fair when someone quits a game it is dead to them but in reality Blade & Soul will live on but without the people who quit.

RIP BNS, meanwhile ingame:

waiting time for duel in xserver: 1-10s

SSP: everybody cries how full it is it is not even possible to farm bosses

queue for dungs: Depends on requirements & dung, but from 1s to 1min, Dungeon challenge dungs way waster.

as i said, rip in piece

Only the 6vs6 waiting time is long. But i believe when more and more people get their endgame items even this problem will be solved. Because 6vs6 is makes really fun. Its just not that funny getting roflstomped by people with 200+AP more.

4 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

Players have proselytized like this since the dawn of MMOs. After 1.2 was launched for SWTOR players cried, 'The game is dead, dying, going to die, or fade away,' for 5 years. Yet, the game is still going on. I pay no attention to those who come to the forums and spout of like this because of their perception of their own imagination based on no factual evidence but their own interpretation of what they want to believe is happening. Funny thing, if all of what they say is true then why are they still playing the game or coming to post on the forums? Because they want others to have less fun because they cannot have fun so they make others suffer. I call this the 'wounded duck syndrome.' Best advice is to ignore those that proselytize in this manner and go about your merry way.

This is natural, it's a diminishing marginal utility. They play too much, do the same things over and over as if it's some kind of work, trying to reach end-game as soon as possible thinking that if they don't do that they might be left behind. And when they realize that there's nothing else to do, they consider it a dead game. They're everywhere on every single MMO forums, we should just ignore their negative posts.

Archived