Forums

Blade And Soul - Dead in 18 months

Smartly

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuraGalaxy said:

Blade & Soul ranked top 10 in korea:  (This site update weekly i guess?)

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/index.php?search_mode=weekly&genre=MMORPG

This game is going to stay for a long time

Yes, and look at the server bandwidth, server capacity, and number of servers they HAVE on Korea.

We don't have 1/10th of what Korea has in those terms.

So for the WESTERN market, I'd say that, unless NCSoft gets their shit together and MASSIVELY expand their server clusters and bandwidth to allow the multitude of players who want to play, to, oh, ACTUALLY PLAY, then yes, the game WILL die. How long that would take? Well it might not be exactly as our allegedly psychic OP has stated, but the game's popularity WILL decline unless they take action.

Idk if I agree but I would definitely like to see more features in the future such as guild wars, seiges, and objective based battlegrounds like CTF or tower caps, 20v20 or something. Even easter eggs like player housing and different ways to keep progressing after level cap, such as paragon levels or something (D3). This game has a lot of potential and I am excited to see how it all plays out later on with new content.

Just now, NumberZero said:

Idk if I agree but I would definitely like to see more features in the future such as guild wars, seiges, and objective based battlegrounds like CTF or tower caps, 20v20 or something. Even easter eggs like player housing and different ways to keep progressing after level cap, such as paragon levels or something (D3). This game has a lot of potential and I am excited to see how it all plays out later on with new content.

This is still the 1st week it's been officially launched for all players. give them a chance. omg

1 minute ago, Chesnya said:

This is still the 1st week it's been officially launched for all players. give them a chance. omg

I think you misunderstood me - I'm saying I don't agree with the OP, that this game is doomed. What I was saying is that I can see a lot of potential in this game, and would like to see them add more PvP/endgame/easteregg content over the years as the game develops more. Loving it so far!!

I don't think any mmorpg is "meant for pvp", because I haven't seen one so far that's been able to pull it off properly (and I've played many). Super Smash Bros. is meant for pvp. Dota is meant for pvp. The day an mmorpg does pvp right will be a landmark in video game history. If you take pvp in an mmo as anything more than a way to get a few laughs between friends, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

1 hour ago, Smartly said:

Tons of people are playing now.  PVP is pretty much broken for anyone less than level 45.  We all are in a rush to end game.  We will enjoy the gank fest as long as we can at 45.  We will do the dailies and arena, and all that PVP can offer.  Then (after a few months) everyone will get bored, quit and move on.  The servers will merge, some sort of new life will come into play with a new expansion pack, and then Blade and Soul will go the way of Aion... all within 18 to 24 months.

Sorry guys, great game and great fun.  But this game was meant for PVP.  And players are content.  Players are all the content for PVP.  The broken PVP at launch forced us to end game, where we will get bored quickly.  Ya messed up.  Great game killed again by lack of planning and doable PVP for all levels.

Also no real events like fort sieges, capture the flag etc... as far as I can see.  Its pvp with no point, other than pvp.  Which is fine and all, but from where I stand I don't see much.  I am rushing to end game as fast as I can, so I can pvp.  After that if there isn't much more to the game  I'll get bored and move on quickly.

If I could pvp and stand a chance at my current level (now 31) I'd take my time and enjoy the game in a leisurely pace.  You'd keep me longer.  As it is its a rush to get to the end.

So why are you posting this? Just leave the game if you're bored. It's not like posting this was going to make the game any better for you. 

And as far as the game being "dead" within 18 months when we have a new class and some more content on the way, I don't really see it going your way.

People have been waiting for this game to come to NA for years. I'm sure the game will continue to grow as more people realize how amazing this game is.

But yeah, good luck to you sir. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Just now, Noobest said:

that i can understand but really crying about someone who killed you in a video game? that's just pathetic

Some people get really salty. ;d 

If they're coming out with new content at a rate that people are content with then the game will be fine for a while. Although I wish them luck for trying to satisfy this crowd. 

"I went to PVP as level 9 and got killed by high level players. Dead game 0/10 gl fanbois rip."

-- Framed on my wall

----

edit: wow wait what am I doing in this thread this said "just now" in general discussion. sorry for bringing shitposts up

5 hours ago, AuraGalaxy said:

Blade & Soul ranked top 10 in korea:  (This site update weekly i guess?)

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/index.php?search_mode=weekly&genre=MMORPG

This game is going to stay for a long time

Presenting foreign statistics does not accurately describe the lifespan of the player base. Just because its hanging well in Korea doesn't mean that it will necessarily hold true for NA/EU.

lol we're not in 2012 anymore. the game will be dead pretty much in less than a year just like archeage which had twice or three times the population of BnS. there's a reason for selling cbt rights to cash players because ncsoft knows than bns isn't a good deal anymore and it's not even close to their money source lineage.

Lol goodbye then, it's only been a week, you are not force to put on pvp faction outfits and can get level 45 without it, and judging the game when major pieces of content hasnt been out yet. Okay, even if the servers merge, in the end, this game already has a loyal playerbase from the other versions, this one jsut happens to have the best ping for this audience.

to be honest, I think you might just be bad at the PvP in this game. I've worn my faction armor since I got it (I'm currently at level 32 and ranked Squire), killed lots of people, and of course been insta-gibbed by high levels. Such is the way of open world. Archeage was the same way. 

and while not much will beat the joys of ship battles in Archeage, or the amazing PvP in Ultima Online, this game has extremely fun PvP. It's very well balanced as well. I would recommend just practicing in arenas where it's much more even. 

Lol... you obviously played other games and you know for a fact that open-world PvP will always be in favor of the higher level person. Do you expect to be level 10 and be able to go toe to toe with a level 45? That's just stupid. There'd be no reason to level if you could do that. Take off your faction outfit and stop QQing about getting stomped by max level players because you're lower level or just be stubborn and bathe in your own salt.

And I've played QueueAge at launch. Don't even try to say it was balanced. Its the same story. Higher level players will always stomp you in open world PvP. Arena in archeage is also a bit dependent on your gear, that isn't the case in BnS Arena.

1 hour ago, Arathos said:

lol we're not in 2012 anymore. the game will be dead pretty much in less than a year just like archeage which had twice or three times the population of BnS. there's a reason for selling cbt rights to cash players because ncsoft knows than bns isn't a good deal anymore and it's not even close to their money source lineage.

The reason for archeage's death were the P2W, it's horrible community and the fact that trion is a horrible company.  I'm not saying that I agree with everything that NCSoft does or like them especially, but they're light years better than trion. In fact, I believe that there isn't a single company right now that is worse than trion. Sandbox content is also not really appealing to a lot of people like theme park. Sandbox mmos are always a niche, so it was acceptable that to end up having a small player base, but still not this small.

Archeage was also extremely overhyped, because it was the first sandbox experience for most new mmo players. The last sandbox mmo before it was SW:G.

But back to the topic: The fact the BnS has decent pvp is what will keep it alive in the long run, even if people shouldn't be satisfied with the coming pve content. The game is running just fine in the east, so why would it fail here? A lot of people have been waiting for this game for years to come to the west, this people will keep playing and the mmo hoppers will continue to the next mmo. The player numbers will still be fine, so I don't expect the game to die out at all.

What I would really like to know though, is the reason why YOU are still here if you think the game will be dead. :)

Archived