Blade And Soul - Dead in 18 months

Smartly

Tons of people are playing now.  PVP is pretty much broken for anyone less than level 45.  We all are in a rush to end game.  We will enjoy the gank fest as long as we can at 45.  We will do the dailies and arena, and all that PVP can offer.  Then (after a few months) everyone will get bored, quit and move on.  The servers will merge, some sort of new life will come into play with a new expansion pack, and then Blade and Soul will go the way of Aion... all within 18 to 24 months.

Sorry guys, great game and great fun.  But this game was meant for PVP.  And players are content.  Players are all the content for PVP.  The broken PVP at launch forced us to end game, where we will get bored quickly.  Ya messed up.  Great game killed again by lack of planning and doable PVP for all levels.

Also no real events like fort sieges, capture the flag etc... as far as I can see.  Its pvp with no point, other than pvp.  Which is fine and all, but from where I stand I don't see much.  I am rushing to end game as fast as I can, so I can pvp.  After that if there isn't much more to the game  I'll get bored and move on quickly.

If I could pvp and stand a chance at my current level (now 31) I'd take my time and enjoy the game in a leisurely pace.  You'd keep me longer.  As it is its a rush to get to the end.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Smartly said:

Tons of people are playing now.  PVP is pretty much broken for anyone less than level 45.  We all are in a rush to end game.  We will enjoy the gank fest as long as we can at 45.  We will do the dailies and arena, and all that PVP can offer.  Then (after a few months) everyone will get bored, quit and move on.  The servers will merge, some sort of new life will come into play with a new expansion pack, and then Blade and Soul will go the way of Aion... all within 18 to 24 months.

Sorry guys, great game and great fun.  But this game was meant for PVP.  And players are content.  Players are all the content for PVP.  The broken PVP at launch forced us to end game, where we will get bored quickly.  Ya messed up.  Great game killed again by lack of planning and doable PVP for all levels.

Also no real events like fort sieges, capture the flag etc... as far as I can see.  Its pvp with no point, other than pvp.  Which is fine and all, but from where I stand I don't see much.  I am rushing to end game as fast as I can, so I can pvp.  After that if there isn't much more to the game  I'll get bored and move on quickly.

If I could pvp and stand a chance at my current level (now 31) I'd take my time and enjoy the game in a leisurely pace.  You'd keep me longer.  As it is its a rush to get to the end.

This game isnt all pvp and just because u dont like the pvp dosent mean the games gonna die....

Also u can make suggetsions instead of stating the negatives

the pvp isn't broken, what are you talking about- i'm only lvl 25 and i've been having a hell of a time with it. and you do realize that there'll be content and level cap updates eventually, right? you can pvp and do well with it way before you get to the endgame content, rushing to get to the end just because you can't stomp on everybody you meet is all on you. :U

9 minutes ago, Vizzy said:

Game comes out in less than a week officially. Already people estimating how long it will last. Is this Archeage 2016?

I still play Arche Age.  That game has a lot to it.  Ships, trade packs, castles etc... Server merge was less than 18 months.  I love that game, I can swap out mys skill sets and make a new class anytime I want.  Arche age will outlast this game.

This game has potential.  I just don't see a balanced pvp system.  Thousands of people are getting their faces stomped by level 45s.  I'm going to level, others will quit and never look back.  This game with its targeting system has a huge learning curve for the traditional player base.  The "pve care bears" will burn through the content and leave like they always do.  The hard core PVP'ers that will stick around for other games, might just quit in frustration.

I'm going to the end and see how it is.  If its not good, I'll go back to arche age.

Just now, Chesnya said:

I'm lvl 30 and um pvp isn't broken? not even arena's ... maybe you're just bad LOL plus new content is coming and a new class is released to NA/EU so like what kind of salt u on? Sea salt or iodine? 

Really?  Get you PVP dailies done?  Got your Serpents Bell?  You must be awesome.  Never run in to a level 45 while doing your dailies?  Either you are super lucky or a total liar.  No way you stand a chance against a level 45.  And they are handing out in the desert, stomping everyone trying to get their quests done.

well you should just stop pvp for now and focus on getting to lv 45. I'm taking my time and I'm already lv 43 (Had headstart to help also)

Then it will be balanced for you since you're complaining about losing to a higher level. 

and ArcheAge is worst for pvp I thought? You need OP gear to win in pvp. 

1 minute ago, Smartly said:

Never run in to a level 45 while doing your dailies?  Either you are super lucky or a total liar.  No way you stand a chance against a level 45.  And they are handing out in the desert, stomping everyone trying to get their quests done.

Ummmm, take the damn costume off maybe? lol

And name one open-world PvP MMO that did NOT have higher levels running around griefing lower levels.

Just now, Smartly said:

Not now, but it was at launch.  And I have good gear so its fine for me.

It was never balanced at launch either.

Are you here to play Blade and Soul or are you here to advertise ArcheAge?

ArcheAge has the worst P2Win system known to almost every MMO gamer. The ones who stay are usually the ones who are able to fork over cash all the time.

I think you choose the wrong mmo, the one you're looking for is coming out this year too though and will slay the remains of archeage. If you like open world pvp, you will have to deal with PKers everywhere though. This type of players exist in every game, that allows open world pvp. Besides BnS PVP is mostly about arena, where gear doesn't matter at all.

2 minutes ago, Aredian said:

Besides BnS PVP is mostly about arena, where gear doesn't matter at all.

This^

In ArcheAge, the only people you found in the arena were the ones with the best gear, because gear did matter in the arena.

They have e-sports in Korea for BnS. They don't do the same for ArcheAge because they can't.

Archived