Amaraina

Gender changing

Amaraina   

Hello Blade and Soul Community, 

I was wondering if anyone knew about any plans to allow players to gender change with the purchase of the alter appearance service in the store. It did not give me the option unless I just missed it, but was curious if they would implement it later or if it is one of those things where you would have to just create a new character to change. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

I would like to change my gender aswell. Stuck on a female character because I was dumb and rushed through character selection. I'm level 42 now so it's too late to start over. Maybe they'll add it in the future

Yifel   

I'd really like this too.. Reached max lvl, and now I'm stuck on female Jin as well. It would really be nice to have a gender switch just like in Aion, so we don't have to recreate characters just to play a different gender.

Aimscoes   
3 minutes ago, Yifel said:

Can you change your gender with that? I think it is just appearance.

No clue tho. 

Gender = Appearance, that's how it works in World of Warcraft and other mmo games i been in at least. but can't tell for sure. 

Yifel   

I see.. So is there anyone who know if that can change your gender, if u have tried it maybe?

Edited by Yifel

Aimscoes   
1 hour ago, ex3mpt said:

Just bought one and used it, you can't gender change unfortunately.

wow that sucks. 

Yxion   

I changed genders.

12615281_10208845678245674_4829995501001

Oh wait...I am still a male Lyn...

><

Shisuru   

I support this aswel, I also would love to swap the gender of my character, Made a female, but seeing the costumes on male if feels so much better... i'm a lv 45 assasin and don't really have the courage to start over again as same class....

Edited by Shisuru

SeraXI   
15 hours ago, Yxion said:

I changed genders.

<snip>

Oh wait...I am still a male Lyn...

><

Similar situation for me... so I took it into my own hands as well :P (If i could juuuuuust change his voice)

Lunaus   

I think offering gender change would pose a similar issue with how things are in TERA... All your costumes that are gender locked will be useless and they most likely won't refund you or change them.

10 hours ago, Lunaus said:

I think offering gender change would pose a similar issue with how things are in TERA... All your costumes that are gender locked will be useless and they most likely won't refund you or change them.

Honestly, losing some outfits compared to creating a new same character is nothing. (at least for me)

The devs also said they're working on a way to transfer outfits to your other characters, so they won't be completely useless even after you change genders.

TERA imo had more issues regarding this but implemented it nonetheless.

If it really can't be done - ok, I'll accept that... I just want THEM to say it whether it can't or can be done... 

Telzen   

If the Korean version doesn't have it then 99% that we won't get it either. I also just don't see that many people really needing a gender change.

10 hours ago, Lunaus said:

It's not a big deal all they need to do is run a script when you change that swaps out the costumes for the other gender. If there's no equivalent then you just keep it.

Faction (although not in this game), race, gender changes aren't an issue as you just compose scripts that swap things around for the appropriate customisation.

The issue is development time and is the cost of that time spent translatable into a reasonable service cost.