Gender changing

Amaraina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Saccharin said:

It's not a big deal all they need to do is run a script when you change that swaps out the costumes for the other gender. If there's no equivalent then you just keep it.

Faction (although not in this game), race, gender changes aren't an issue as you just compose scripts that swap things around for the appropriate customisation.

The issue is development time and is the cost of that time spent translatable into a reasonable service cost.

They would need permission for such a script as it isn't their game, also I doubt they'd do that when they can milk money out of you and make you pay for w/e gender equiv outfit that is currently on the shop. Hopefully though if they ever come out with a gender swap token the support staff are nice enough to swap the costumes.

6 hours ago, Lunaus said:

They would need permission for such a script as it isn't their game, also I doubt they'd do that when they can milk money out of you and make you pay for w/e gender equiv outfit that is currently on the shop. Hopefully though if they ever come out with a gender swap token the support staff are nice enough to swap the costumes.

Well obviously this stuff would be provided by the developer. A costume swap would be part of the process as this would save GM times.

On 1/31/2016 at 2:42 AM, Saccharin said:

Well obviously this stuff would be provided by the developer. A costume swap would be part of the process as this would save GM times.

It would but how many F2P games do you know do this?

4 hours ago, Flareon said:

http://bns.mmosite.com/news/02042016/soon_you_can_change_your_gender_in_blade_and_soul_cn.shtml

being implemented soon, so you can lay your requests to rest.  (not here yet obviously, but, eventually probably)

They didn't announce anything for race change though...But it is still a first step and it proves that they are listening to us.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:42 PM, Meckstroth14 said:

I would like to change my gender aswell. Stuck on a female character because I was dumb and rushed through character selection. I'm level 42 now so it's too late to start over. Maybe they'll add it in the future

lol it takes like 15 hours of playtime to hit cap. its not too late

i really dont get new mmo players. you wouldnt have ever hit cap back in the day

they should offer gender swap things in the cash shop though... but not my point

10 hours ago, spitvanilla said:

lol it takes like 15 hours of playtime to hit cap. its not too late

i really dont get new mmo players. you wouldnt have ever hit cap back in the day

First of all... those 15 hours are strictly leveling up - excluding farming items, dungeons etc... (a lot of items are bound to your character, so you wouldn't be able to transfer those rare ones to your new character)

But yeah sure... leveling up in BnS is extremely fast when compared to some older MMOs, but I would still rather buy a gender change than waste another 15+ hours for a new character. Those 15+ hours will be much better spent getting better equipment and improving my current character.

On January 31, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Lunaus said:

I used so many race and gender change vouchers in TERA it's not even funny. I get bored easy ;-)

Submiting a ticket and letting them know always landing me with the appropriate costume for my race/gender in the mail while the old costume was removed by support staff. I've probably done it 10 or so times in TERA and was always in turn given the appropriate outfit for my character. 

These no reason why the devs in this game can't  implement the same thing. 

On 1/29/2016 at 8:46 AM, Yxion said:

I changed genders.

12615281_10208845678245674_4829995501001

Oh wait...I am still a male Lyn...

><

On 1/29/2016 at 11:58 PM, SeraXI said:

Similar situation for me... so I took it into my own hands as well :P (If i could juuuuuust change his voice)

Is this Male Lyns with Female clothing? If yes then can I know how you did it?

If they implement a voucher to change the gender of our character, they could make a quick easy fix for the gender locked costumes. They just have to do the same thing Square Enix did in Final Fantasy XIV and add a special NPC vendor in a few towns that exchange the costumes for the same one of the opposite gender, assuming there is one available. As for the race change, it's possible to do it, we would just be locked to chose a race that the class be. It's like this in World of Warcraft, when you race change, the races that can't be the class you have are all grayed out. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to implement both solutions in Blade & Soul.

Archived