Gender changing

Amaraina

Hello Blade and Soul Community, 

I was wondering if anyone knew about any plans to allow players to gender change with the purchase of the alter appearance service in the store. It did not give me the option unless I just missed it, but was curious if they would implement it later or if it is one of those things where you would have to just create a new character to change. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really like this too.. Reached max lvl, and now I'm stuck on female Jin as well. It would really be nice to have a gender switch just like in Aion, so we don't have to recreate characters just to play a different gender.

3 minutes ago, Yifel said:

Can you change your gender with that? I think it is just appearance.

No clue tho. 

Gender = Appearance, that's how it works in World of Warcraft and other mmo games i been in at least. but can't tell for sure. 

I support this aswel, I also would love to swap the gender of my character, Made a female, but seeing the costumes on male if feels so much better... i'm a lv 45 assasin and don't really have the courage to start over again as same class....

10 hours ago, Lunaus said:

I think offering gender change would pose a similar issue with how things are in TERA... All your costumes that are gender locked will be useless and they most likely won't refund you or change them.

Honestly, losing some outfits compared to creating a new same character is nothing. (at least for me)

The devs also said they're working on a way to transfer outfits to your other characters, so they won't be completely useless even after you change genders.

TERA imo had more issues regarding this but implemented it nonetheless.

If it really can't be done - ok, I'll accept that... I just want THEM to say it whether it can't or can be done... 

10 hours ago, Lunaus said:

I think offering gender change would pose a similar issue with how things are in TERA... All your costumes that are gender locked will be useless and they most likely won't refund you or change them.

It's not a big deal all they need to do is run a script when you change that swaps out the costumes for the other gender. If there's no equivalent then you just keep it.

Faction (although not in this game), race, gender changes aren't an issue as you just compose scripts that swap things around for the appropriate customisation.

The issue is development time and is the cost of that time spent translatable into a reasonable service cost.

Archived