Can't send mail to Alt Character

WarpStatus

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

"Players who have not made any real-money purchases since August 18th, 2015, will not be able to send any outgoing mail to other players.

However, you can send mail to your alternate characters on the same account without restriction.

You can permanently remove this mail restriction by making a real-money purchase, such as buying NCoin."

When I go to mailbox it just says "You are required to charge your NCoin at least once to send mail."

http://imgur.com/W7VaehU

Either this is a bug or there is a specific way to send mail to an Alt Character. Please let me know if there is because I couldn't find it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, i got an answer...

my Question:

"i've read that i should be able to send mail between my characters ( on the same server, of course) but i can't find out How.... 
the mail sending window just say that i need to charge NCoin once ecc,ecc.... "

NCSoft support answer:

Mail restriction are in place for accounts who have not made any real-money purchases since August 18th, 2015. While you are able to send mail to alternate characters on your account, you cannot send mail to other players. This is a security measure.

On 25/01/2016 at 9:35 PM, Senryu said:

NCSoft support answer:

I got the same answer from support, lol. I sent in a response that hopefully clarifies it - it seems that they're just copy-pasting the support database pages right now to everyone that asks about a certain topic.

This feature is bugged for f2p players if we're supposed to be able to mail alts (which support has said we are...), yet they won't actually realize that it's a bug. I can't mail to alts. I've looked around and can't find a single way other than using the send mail window, which is locked. Hopefully whoever's responding to tickets actually puts this in as "not working," because it's really not okay to keep telling all of us that we can when we clearly can't.

got a secondanswer today:

Pleased be informed, to send a mail from your character to other character it should be level 16 or above and with NCoin purchase in Hongmoon Store. 

Also, for the character who will receive your mail it is also required to be level 16 or above.

so...the " you can send mail between your characters without limitanion" was just a lie, after all...

I encountered the same problem. It is all a lie.   

I have a 16 level on a server. I have bought a Ncoin card at a local gamestop.  I bought 2 character slots in the game.  I still cannot mail.  I send the bug report and got the standard reply someone mentioned above.   I sent it back with in detail description including the receipt they sent me about activating the Ncoins.  I have a free account so the fact I now have 4 character should be kinda obvious I spent something in the game.  I got back the following reply:

" Pleased be informed, to send in-game mail from your character to another character it should be level 16 or above and with the NCoin purchase in Hongmoon Store.
Also, for the character who will receive your in-game mail, it is also required to be level 16 or above. 
Take note as well that sending in-game mail is only allowed if both characters are on the same server. "

I am pretty sure I qualify for the first two unless they are telling me i have to buy the Ncoin in-game.   The last part shows that same account statement is a lie, you should be able to send to other servers as long as same account. 

Either way, I will not spend a dime on this game further.  Can't believe they shut down City of Heroes for this crapola.

I'm bumping this up just because of this " However, you can send mail to your alternate characters on the same account without restriction. " I didn't buy Ncoin yet, will eventually if I'm not lazy to run to gamestop. I have a ways to transfer a item from my character to a alt but its just tedious. Why would you restrict a mailing system, its like a vital part of the game too. I previously made a thread as well and the responders say its to prevent from gold spamming, but thats not a strong enough answer. They could have done something like what they did to todays maintenance, block the chat or whatever to level 10 or belows even though the gold spam still occurs in the mid levels still but not as much.

Hopefully they'll take this into consideration i really do love this game and I want to look out as much as i can.

Oh and also just like what Araninji said, the paypal doesn't even work with the "Error on their end".

I have the same problem, been going back and forth with support and pretty much every quote in this thread is what i get as a response. Word for word. I have even bought ncoin twice and am now a premium member but still no mail. Cant send it to alts either. Both characters are 20+ but when i try to move an item into the mail it says i have to be 16 and above. Has to be a bug but their support staff just read the manual on what to respond with and don't do anything more.

In my first ticket i had screen shots of my characters level, the mail being greyed out. My ncoin purchase history. They didn't look at any of it judging by the responses i have gotten. Kinda feel like this is a semi large possibly game breaking bug but the staff don't even know its happening.

Have to admit I've been rather upset with the lack of customer support regarding this issue as well. In my ticket I even linked the article that mentioned that I should be able to send mail to my alternate characters ( This one ) and the GM basically replied with the very same thing copy-pasted right back to me. :| I then replied and tried to CLARIFY myself by saying that I cannot send mail to my alternate characters because I'm unable to even enter a name into the mail system and once more got basically the same copy-pasted text that Sidcor did:

Thank you for the reply.

Pleased be informed, to send a mail from your character to other character it should be level 16 or above and with NCoin purchase in Hongmoon Store. 

Also, for the character who will receive your mail it is also required to be level 16 or above.

I hope this answer your concern. Please let us know if you have additional concerns and we would be happy to help you.

Unfortunately... This either says the support page is a flat-out lie (and the mail system is indeed locked to non-paying players) or they just don't seem to give a damn and keep brushing it off with copy-pasted replies hoping it'll fix itself. Judging by the accounts of the folks in this thread saying they've paid and still cannot access the mail system, I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

I have to admit, it's really disheartening to get consistent copy-pasted replies in tickets and to have the support team seemingly not care about a rather large bug (?) that's currently in the game. I was tempted to drop a bit of coin on this game because I really enjoy the gameplay... But everything else is making me more and more reluctant to bother supporting it, since the support apparently isn't even there for the players to begin with.

Oh, count me in. Got exactly same reply. Haha. They seems don't bother to check our account, characters, purchase history etc., so it showing how bad the support is.

1. Both my characters more than level 16 already.

2. I already reloaded few times, also via NCoin Card.

3. Not just reloaded, I've spent multiple times also (premium membership, costume, key).

And still being blocked to sending mail, not just among alternate characters but in fact anyone in game. Regardless same server or not.

We're not failing to send mail, but in fact the mail function itself cannot be used.

Just putting my two cents in.  I've met all the requirements to send mail and they have responded to my ticket in similar fashion.  I keep replying to the ticket to hopefully bump it up the ranks, but I'm still getting the runaround.

Edit: Side note...I have no idea how my forum name is ffff, but there's no way I see to change it.

On 1/27/2016 at 3:15 PM, sidcor said:

I

I am pretty sure I qualify for the first two unless they are telling me i have to buy the Ncoin in-game.   The last part shows that same account statement is a lie, you should be able to send to other servers as long as same account. 

Either way, I will not spend a dime on this game further.  Can't believe they shut down City of Heroes for this crapola.

Ive played pretty much every MMO ever made and not one lets you send items and mail between servers.  Second. Everyone is complaining about bots and gold sellers but you want to make it easy for them ? The only way to combat gold sellers is to make it more expensive for them to farm gold. ie make them buy ncoin to sent mail so that they can be caught and banned permenantly. quit whining about a perfectly reasonable countermeasure. It is super easy to get to level 16 without twinking character. 

1 hour ago, Solica7 said:

Ive played pretty much every MMO ever made and not one lets you send items and mail between servers.  Second. Everyone is complaining about bots and gold sellers but you want to make it easy for them ? The only way to combat gold sellers is to make it more expensive for them to farm gold. ie make them buy ncoin to sent mail so that they can be caught and banned permenantly. quit whining about a perfectly reasonable countermeasure. It is super easy to get to level 16 without twinking character. 

There was a few games that let you send mail to other servers, only items are BoA (Bind on Account)

This restriction people are having is not a countermeasure. It is a lie. What people are saying is that they meet the requirements and still can not send mail to there alts unless you pay for NCoin first.

I myself is lv26 and lv18 and still says I have to pay NCoin first to unlock sending mail.

4 hours ago, Solica7 said:

... You do realize most of the people complaining here are complaining because the support page says we're supposed to be able to send mail between our OWN ALTS, right? It has nothing to do with gold sellers. In fact, if you search the page for "gold", only one person mentions it (aside from you) being a countermeasure to gold sellers in reference to a completely separate thread that was about the mail system in general.

The fact of the matter is that the website itself says you should be able to send mail between your own alternate characters (which has no impact or reference to gold sellers), and when making a ticket to question why we are not allowed to do so, we get copy-pasted responses that don't clarify a thing. In fact, I was even told in my first ticket response that I SHOULD be allowed to send mail between my alt characters because they literally just copy-pasted the very same damn support link I even SENT IN MY TICKET; So if they had even read the damn thing they would have realized that I already knew that.

5 hours ago, Solica7 said:

I have played alot of MMO's too.  20 years worth.  There are some that do send across servers.  This game write up says to alts on your ACCOUNT.  Accounts are cross servers.  So that is a misrepresentation of the truth.   

I don't give a damn about gold spammers.  I switch to a different tab and they disappear from my chat.  Others I block.  

What is important is what they state on their info page about mail is not correct as it does not match what we are told if you send in a ticket.  That is either because of laziness or blatant  lying to the public.  Besides all that,  I HAVE PAID for Ncoin and SPENT THEM and still I am not able to even type in the mail tab at the mail/shop/vault npc on a level 16 character.   Based on their own page I SHOULD be able to send mail, but I cannot.  

Archived