South America Server Possibility

KhaliD

Hello, i wanted to know the ncsoft if it's possible to have a server in south america, to get better ping would have to have a server in your area.

There are many NA and EU servers, only 1 to SA would be enough.

Because ncsoft does not care about this continent? for lack of players is not the issue.

Thanks!

Yes please... BR crowd is very acid in my experience. Don't get me wrong NA and EU have their acid as well, but Jeese BR what kind of whacky culture customs do you have their 0.0

They must troll each other and make snide jokes on a regular basis in that country... One day I will go there to see for myself haha

• NCSOFT

Greetings! Take a look at what Omeed has recently said about the implementation of overseas servers.

18 minutes ago, omeed said:

Hey there!

None of the things you mention are banned, nor will they get you banned. They are just not officially supported. 

We don't have any plans to put servers in Australia currently. We don't have the rights for that territory technically, only North America and Europe, so it would take some time to expand there.  

This applies to South American servers as well. We'll be sure to monitor the desire for these overseas servers though!

8 minutes ago, RaikaVernana said:

Eu não acho que um servidor América do Sul é preciso que o jogo vai muito bem, mesmo eu joguei da Colômbia, além de colocar um servidor exige dinheiro e recursos para NCsoft.  

Course, colombia is closer to north america, now tell me of Argentina, Brazil, we do not have this feat. 
Only 180 + ms.

31 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Saudações! Dê uma olhada no que Omeed disse recentemente sobre a implementação de servidores no exterior.

Isso se aplica a servidores sul-americanos também. Nós vamos ter certeza de acompanhar o desejo por esses servidores no exterior embora!

Ok, thanks for answering, I hope yours really running behind.

Yes, please give BR two servers for themselves. Jiwan would love you forever.

While you are at it, the folks down under could REALLY use an oceanic server! 

This is great news...your game is blowing up...now you need to answer the call with servers, servers...SERVERS...lol ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if I dont "necro" the topic someone (that would be problaby you honestly) would come and say : "There is already a topic about it, dont open another one" :D

I really don't care about the characters transfer. I would do all over again (with a smile on my face, pretty much like Joker) if they open a SA server.

On 1/22/2016 at 8:36 PM, KhaliD said:

There are many NA and EU servers, only 1 to SA would be enough.

I might add that "Many servers ina NA and EU" are only logical servers in the regions. In actuality, the servers are all located in one place for NA and one place for EU, as far as I know. Adding a server to NA or EU only requires them to add additional hardware or whatever, and "just one server" in SA would require a whole new place to put the servers into and an ISP and data center and whatnot. Also that server wouldn't be able to cross-server with NA or EU (as things stand right now), meaning the population can also become a problem.

9 minutes ago, Suubz said:

Well, if I dont "necro" the topic someone (that would be problaby you honestly) would come and say : "There is already a topic about it, dont open another one" :D

I really don't care about the characters transfer. I would do all over again (with a smile on my face, pretty much like Joker) if they open a SA server.

I would be willing to do that too, but i already have bought some NCoin costumes and i don't want to lose them :(

IIRC Level Up Games is the official distributor of NCSoft games in Brazil, you can even buy NCoins in their website in Brazillian Real (so it's cheaper than buying in USD/Euros).

It would be weird to believe NCW and LUG have not talked about opening a SA server... it's probably a distribution issue with the KR team (who probably holds the rights).

1 minute ago, Eckin said:

IIRC Level Up Games is the official distributor of NCSoft games in Brazil, you can even buy NCoins in their website in Brazillian Real (so it's cheaper than buying in USD/Euros).

It would be weird to believe NCW and LUG have not talked about opening a SA server... it's probably a distribution issue with the KR team (who probably holds the rights).

Yeah, I asked lvlup at twitter (which seems to be the easiest and fastest way to get a reply) today about that. There is a petition (which guys on this post have problably seen already) about making a SA server:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/854/588/686/prove-ncsoft-that-there-is-a-demand-for-an-south-america-server/

On a personal note, I'm not sure how much a petition like that would influence NCsoft about the subject, BUT that's what we (players) can do right?

• 1 year later...

Archived