I am very new!

PawsKitti

Hello. I came here from Final Fantasy XIV, a pay to play online MMO RPG. People were saying how great, free to play and fun BNS is so I wanted to try it out! I especially saw the Lyns and I really WANT a Lyn character. So cute! Anyway, I have a few questions. uwu Please answer accordingly if that is alright!

1. Is this REALLY free to play? Like, do I NEED to pay to play? Or is that only for additional services/items in game?

2. I am using an HP computer, windows 7. I do not own a gaming PC or laptop. Will this game work on my non game pc?

3. Are the classes very hard like in FFXIV? Like, do people parse and harass you for bad DPS or expect healers and tanks to DPS?

4. Since its free to play, is it pay to win? 

5. Are the controls good?? I know nothing of the layout and I have never played an MMO RPG on my laptop!!

6. Last but not least, are there emotes? How far to the possibilities of customation go??

Thank you for reading and I hope I get replies! ;v;

EDIT: OH! Another question. Are there items to farm and collect in game like armor pieces?? Or do you have to buy all gear?? Ive played many free to plays and they solely revolved around paying for cool glamour gear. I hope it isnt the case in this one.. Id like to earn cool gear without having to buy anything! D: 

1. It is really free to play, though at launch q times are long and premium membership lets you in super fast.

2. its more cpu based, the game is a 2012 game, and actually has a optimization for low specs check box.

3. classes vary, there is a lot to learn, and the game is very reactionary, so the class's difficulty is how long it takes you to get used to the flow.

4. It is not pay 2 win, they are actually pretty focused on making that not happen.

5 the controls are good, I have not re bound a single key, its pretty well laid out.

6. there are emotes, hitting F12 opens up a hot bar with several of them. there are not as many as FFXIV but you can still act out pretty well with them.

1. Yes it is F2P, but you can have a premium membership if you want some better benefits (better queue times, experience boosters, shop discounts, etc). I believe it is around 12 - 15 monthly.

2. A gaming PC is recommended. But you can try to play on low settings.

3. No you are not harassed, plus there is no healers so you shouldn't have to worry about that. :)

4. I don't believe it is pay to win. Atm I do recommend premium to beat the queue times and login quicker, but besides that, you should be fine.

5. Yes the controls are great imo, the battle system is pretty different from XIV. But at the same time its not I guess. The abilities still have cooldowns like xiv does, but the way you fight is a bit different. Some attacks do not have cool downs, so you have a lot of hack and slash.

6. Yes there are emotes. You can dance and stuff too. 

Hope you enjoy the game! :) 

4 minutes ago, squidicecream said:

1. Yes it is F2P, but you can have a premium membership if you want some better benefits (better queue times, experience boosters, shop discounts, etc). I believe it is around 12 - 15 monthly.

2. A gaming PC is recommended. But you can try to play on low settings.

3. No you are not harassed, plus there is no healers so you shouldn't have to worry about that. :)

4. I don't believe it is pay to win. Atm I do recommend premium to beat the queue times and login quicker, but besides that, you should be fine.

5. Yes the controls are great imo, the battle system is pretty different from XIV. But at the same time its not I guess. The abilities still have cooldowns like xiv does, but the way you fight is a bit different. Some attacks do not have cool downs, so you have a lot of hack and slash.

6. Yes there are emotes. You can dance and stuff too. 

Hope you enjoy the game! :) 

Thanks for letting me know! I am currently in download. But my only problems are:

1. No healers? Thats my specialty... What DPS classes do you reccomend?

2. My pc is pretty old.. I only fear that itll be so laggy that its unplayable. I have played several other MMOs on here and they havent really been laggy however this game will take a few hours, possibly untill tommorrow.. I just dont want to wait so long only to be let down because my computer is crap. :<

8 minutes ago, Yui said:

1. It is really free to play, though at launch q times are long and premium membership lets you in super fast.

2. its more cpu based, the game is a 2012 game, and actually has a optimization for low specs check box.

3. classes vary, there is a lot to learn, and the game is very reactionary, so the class's difficulty is how long it takes you to get used to the flow.

4. It is not pay 2 win, they are actually pretty focused on making that not happen.

5 the controls are good, I have not re bound a single key, its pretty well laid out.

6. there are emotes, hitting F12 opens up a hot bar with several of them. there are not as many as FFXIV but you can still act out pretty well with them.

Thank you for the information! :>

In regards to your recent question, there are a handful of quests that give you costumes that you get as you progress through the story or do side quests. There are also ones you can earn by random drops from enemies too. Lastly, if you're ever lucky enough, you could get enough verture tokens, buy some dragonstones, and make them into hongmoon coins which can be used to purchase said costumes without spending money :)

There are no healers true, but Summoner or Force Master will feel a lot like the kiting and dodging you are used to as a healer. 

Also you can heal your cat as a summoner, it might fill that white mage urge you have.

1 minute ago, Kitsuriko said:

In regards to your recent question, there are a handful of quests that give you costumes that you get as you progress through the story or do side quests. There are also ones you can earn by random drops from enemies too. Lastly, if you're ever lucky enough, you could get enough verture tokens, buy some dragonstones, and make them into hongmoon coins which can be used to purchase said costumes without spending money :)

Ahh! This is such a lovely system! ;v; FFXIV was all I ever played for a long time.. Every piece of gear you had to run a dungeon, which was never insta pop. You had to wait a very long time unless you were a tank or healer. However you never got special outfits from quests unless there was a limited time event. :P I love how that sounds, I only pray that my computer can process the game without it being so laggy that its unplayable. Im very worried my pc might let me down.. ;n;

3 minutes ago, Yui said:

There are no healers true, but Summoner or Force Master will feel a lot like the kiting and dodging you are used to as a healer. 

Also you can heal your cat as a summoner, it might fill that white mage urge you have.

I'll totally take summoner on then. I have always wanted to try it too.. Even if I cant understand rotations, as long as nobody says anything negative about my DPS numbers/harasses me I dont mind. Im not here to win, im here to have fun! c:

What kind of computer are you using at this time? :o Hopefully it'll be able to handle the game!

And I think although there are definitely lots of nice costumes in the in-game store, there are also plenty of nice looking ones that you can find with some effort so hopefully you'll find them!

2 minutes ago, Kitsuriko said:

What kind of computer are you using at this time? :o Hopefully it'll be able to handle the game!

And I think although there are definitely lots of nice costumes in the in-game store, there are also plenty of nice looking ones that you can find with some effort so hopefully you'll find them!

I am using a windows HP laptop. Its very big and heavy so Im guessing its an older model. But i have windows 7 installed on it. I believe I got it for my bday around 2012/13 I think. :/ It was very laggy on that MLP mmo, legends of equestria. It was so laggy I could not even play. But I tried other mmos and it didnt lag too bad.. I have no idea if it will or not. If it does im going to be so upset. The download is taking so long due to the patch installation and updates too. :/

Im so psyched though. Ive seen the gameplay and the Lyns. If youve heard of Lalafells, they are very cute little lolis and shotas, but the Lyns look so much cuter. I really am desperate to play due to them and the beautiful graphics. I also would like to play story and side quests. It would be my second serious MMO. Ive never really played serious mmos other than FFXIV and now this. 

Oooh hope the lappy holds up then! The game is rather graphic heavy, but perhaps you could squeak by with all graphics turned down low, even though personally I think the game is more enjoyable when you can see the fine details in good graphics.

Right now, it may be hard to get into the game if you're a non-premium member as the queue times are pretty killer now. Hopefully it'l be better when the hype dies down and people get more evenly spread across all the servers.

If you played FF14 on it, I would assume that you should at least be able to play BnS as well. Might have to turn graphics down using the tune to low end PC check box but it should be good

Edit: and good to see a fellow previous 14 player on here, I was on the Levi server for a long time! Have a good time, you'll love the combat system in this game!

12 minutes ago, LittleWolf said:

If you played FF14 on it, I would assume that you should at least be able to play BnS as well. Might have to turn graphics down using the tune to low end PC check box but it should be good

Edit: and good to see a fellow previous 14 player on here, I was on the Levi server for a long time! Have a good time, you'll love the combat system in this game!

Oh! Im sorry I forgot to mention, I only played ff14 on ps4. Its cross platform. If BnS was too i wouldnt be using my laptop xD Sorry for the misunderstanding! And cool! Im on goblin server. :P

Also how do i turn graphics down with tune?? I dont know much about laptops haha

24 minutes ago, Kitsuriko said:

Oooh hope the lappy holds up then! The game is rather graphic heavy, but perhaps you could squeak by with all graphics turned down low, even though personally I think the game is more enjoyable when you can see the fine details in good graphics.

Right now, it may be hard to get into the game if you're a non-premium member as the queue times are pretty killer now. Hopefully it'l be better when the hype dies down and people get more evenly spread across all the servers.

Me too Dx How do I lower the graphics? I have no idea x< and i dont mind, i would rather play as my character for a bit and explore before going into the content anyway :P

The settings menu is pretty intuitive, You can click on graphics and make adjustments. 

also at the lower part of the graphics you will see an optimization for low specs. checking that box will help. Some people even check it because they are PvPing and want a performance boost. I however cannot back up that doing so increases performance.

4 minutes ago, PawsKitti said:

Oh! Im sorry I forgot to mention, I only played ff14 on ps4. Its cross platform. If BnS was too i wouldnt be using my laptop xD Sorry for the misunderstanding! And cool! Im on goblin server. :P

Also how do i turn graphics down with tune?? I dont know much about laptops haha

gotcha! lol that makes sense now, either way, we 14 players take care of our own. When you get in the game go to the settings tab, there should be a check box there labeled tune for low end pc's

1 hour ago, PawsKitti said:

Hello. I came here from Final Fantasy XIV, a pay to play online MMO RPG. People were saying how great, free to play and fun BNS is so I wanted to try it out! I especially saw the Lyns and I really WANT a Lyn character. So cute! Anyway, I have a few questions. uwu Please answer accordingly if that is alright!

1. Is this REALLY free to play? Like, do I NEED to pay to play? Or is that only for additional services/items in game?

2. I am using an HP computer, windows 7. I do not own a gaming PC or laptop. Will this game work on my non game pc?

3. Are the classes very hard like in FFXIV? Like, do people parse and harass you for bad DPS or expect healers and tanks to DPS?

4. Since its free to play, is it pay to win? 

5. Are the controls good?? I know nothing of the layout and I have never played an MMO RPG on my laptop!!

6. Last but not least, are there emotes? How far to the possibilities of customation go??

Thank you for reading and I hope I get replies! ;v;

EDIT: OH! Another question. Are there items to farm and collect in game like armor pieces?? Or do you have to buy all gear?? Ive played many free to plays and they solely revolved around paying for cool glamour gear. I hope it isnt the case in this one.. Id like to earn cool gear without having to buy anything! D: 

1. Kinda, but temporarily no.  Too many people trying to play at once means it's mostly only the premium members who get to at all.

2. You may need to go low settings, but you should be able to find something that works.

3. XIV? Hard?  LMFAO!  XIV is a joke of a WoW clone.  It doesn't have a combat system, it has a "sit there and watch a slap fight" system.  This is an action game.  There is no DPS/tank/healer, tho there are some small heals available.  If you're good at the game, nobody ever has to take damage.  As for hard or not, it's been too easy so far.  I hope it gets tougher.  The combat system seems good for a fight but everything melts instantly and you don't get to really use it.  I'm guessing it gets a lot better further in.

4. No, it's more normal F2P.  You pay to reduce your grind and get rid of other little annoyances.  You pay for extra space, customization, and cosmetics.  Minor possible bit of p2w, I don't know if it's possible to get gem hammers for free.  That unlocks extra slots for upgrades on your weapon that MIGHT be pushing the power boost.  Luckily as I said before things are easy and you by no means need them.

5. Buy a mouse.  Otherwise you're good.

6. Seems like it, but I don't know how far.  Character creation is huge.  Outfits are limited, but good looking.

Another. Outfits are cosmetic.  Some are paid, others can be found as rare loot.  Any weapon you find can be consumed to apply it as a glamour to your main weapon.  As for your actual gear, that comes down to your weapon, accessories, and soul shield.  Of course those are all earned and upgraded.

Edit:  In the graphics options, there's a special box for "low spec mode" that goes even further below moving all the settings to their normal minimum.  Normally I'd recommend against this, but for a low-end laptop it's probably your best bet.

4 minutes ago, LittleWolf said:

gotcha! lol that makes sense now, either way, we 14 players take care of our own. When you get in the game go to the settings tab, there should be a check box there labeled tune for low end pc's

xD I often forget to be specific at times, haha. True! c: I miss FFXIV alot. I havent played because I have no money to resub at the moment :P But im looking forward to playing this one. Thanks so much! Ill make sure to do so.

Final question for you, how would you make your character walk? Im guessing the arrow keys? Or letters? im not sure haha

7 minutes ago, Callback said:

1. Kinda, but temporarily no.  Too many people trying to play at once means it's mostly only the premium members who get to at all.

2. You may need to go low settings, but you should be able to find something that works.

3. XIV? Hard?  LMFAO!  XIV is a joke of a WoW clone.  It doesn't have a combat system, it has a "sit there and watch a slap fight" system.  This is an action game.  There is no DPS/tank/healer, tho there are some small heals available.  If you're good at the game, nobody ever has to take damage.  As for hard or not, it's been too easy so far.  I hope it gets tougher.  The combat system seems good for a fight but everything melts instantly and you don't get to really use it.  I'm guessing it gets a lot better further in.

4. No, it's more normal F2P.  You pay to reduce your grind and get rid of other little annoyances.  You pay for extra space, customization, and cosmetics.  Minor possible bit of p2w, I don't know if it's possible to get gem hammers for free.  That unlocks extra slots for upgrades on your weapon that MIGHT be pushing the power boost.  Luckily as I said before things are easy and you by no means need them.

5. Buy a mouse.  Otherwise you're good.

6. Seems like it, but I don't know how far.  Character creation is huge.  Outfits are limited, but good looking.

Another. Outfits are cosmetic.  Some are paid, others can be found as rare loot.  Any weapon you find can be consumed to apply it as a glamour to your main weapon.  As for your actual gear, that comes down to your weapon, accessories, and soul shield.  Of course those are all earned and upgraded.

1. I see. So does this mean it wont always be pay to play? Ive waited hours for queues so Im rather used to it. Im not impatient as long as im allowed to run about and do other things as i wait for the queue.

2. I will try with and without low settings and get back to you. :P

3. Eh, it is kinda hard but the main reason being because of parsers. They were like, "Oh? Your DPS numbers do not please me. Im removing you from the dungeon." and it effected my gameplay and gave me a bad experience. I hope it is atleast different here. Id like to stay here for a while iffen my laptop can let me play without severe lag that i can barely move the character.

4. Ah. That sounds more or less right to me. Im not really going to be buying anything at all due to the fact that im saving my cash for XIV. Id rather earn things like gear etc than flat out buying it in a F2P game. Its kind of a waste to me. Then again buying off the XIV cash shop is also a waste.

5. I own a mouse. Its in one of my storage boxes in my room. Guess im prepared xD

6. Sounds good. Im very excited to play. I do hope it finishes downloading soon. Its only at 50% and I started downloading this morning. unu

13 minutes ago, PawsKitti said:

xD I often forget to be specific at times, haha. True! c: I miss FFXIV alot. I havent played because I have no money to resub at the moment :P But im looking forward to playing this one. Thanks so much! Ill make sure to do so.

Final question for you, how would you make your character walk? Im guessing the arrow keys? Or letters? im not sure haha

For character walking, is initial bound to some key but I rebound it to the back arrow. The button bindings can be bound to almost anything if your choosing :) there is an auto run as well you can tinker with. 

8 minutes ago, PawsKitti said:

1. I see. So does this mean it wont always be pay to play? Ive waited hours for queues so Im rather used to it. Im not impatient as long as im allowed to run about and do other things as i wait for the queue.

2. I will try with and without low settings and get back to you. :P

3. Eh, it is kinda hard but the main reason being because of parsers. They were like, "Oh? Your DPS numbers do not please me. Im removing you from the dungeon." and it effected my gameplay and gave me a bad experience. I hope it is atleast different here. Id like to stay here for a while iffen my laptop can let me play without severe lag that i can barely move the character.

4. Ah. That sounds more or less right to me. Im not really going to be buying anything at all due to the fact that im saving my cash for XIV. Id rather earn things like gear etc than flat out buying it in a F2P game. Its kind of a waste to me. Then again buying off the XIV cash shop is also a waste.

5. I own a mouse. Its in one of my storage boxes in my room. Guess im prepared xD

6. Sounds good. Im very excited to play. I do hope it finishes downloading soon. Its only at 50% and I started downloading this morning. unu

Yeah, on #1 right now it's about a 7 hour queue for free players.  Ideally the hype will die down in a week or two and you can start getting on in a more reasonable time.

#3 I highly doubt anyone will care about DPS.  Again, it's an action game.  As long as you can combo reasonably well and generally avoid dying, you should be good.

4 minutes ago, Callback said:

Yeah, on #1 right now it's about a 7 hour queue for free players.  Ideally the hype will die down in a week or two and you can start getting on in a more reasonable time.

#3 I highly doubt anyone will care about DPS.  Again, it's an action game.  As long as you can combo reasonably well and generally avoid dying, you should be good.

Wow, really??? 7 hours for one dungeon?? Or 7 hours to log in? If i have to wait 7 hours each day to log in then I kinda cant do that lol.. I do not want >.> I hope you mean dungeon queues, otherwise Im just going to wait until the hype dies down. I atleast want to play for like 5 minutes to see how the layout and character creation is....

Also, are you able to make a character "fat"? (or chubby/pudgy) or are they against that like XIV?lol

4 minutes ago, Yui said:

You can make them fat / chubby

I haven't played around enough to tell you how much though.

wow... see this is really great. too bad i wont even be able to play because i have to wait 7 hours to log in, which is literally my entire day and i have school and responsibilities. :(

how would it be though? i press log in and it says wait? I wish i could atleast make my character or something as i wait..

Sorry for being a "debby downer" I had no idea this is what people meant when they said queue. In FFXIV, youd go into a duty select menu and press apply for duty and wait in queue to join a dungeon. I guess since that was the only MMO ive played in a very long time, its layout is stuck in my head.I have no money to renew a premium membership and it really sucks how money always gives special privledges Dx

Archived