Forums

Greedy Game

Rakgi

The game is free to play.  Like in most free to play games many cosmetic or quality of life implements are behind a paywall.  In this case it's a very small paywall. 

Saying "how can this be free to play when <a random quality of life improvement> is behind a paywall" is just silly.  Did you really think you'd have access to everything without paying?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay for the game or don't complain. Ayyy, it even ryhmes (Games are entertainment, NO entertainment is free, ever. And never should be, it'd ruin the economy. Ncsoft and the devs have spent a lot of time and money to bring this game to the west, the least you could do is support them by actually paying for the use of THEIR servers)

So let me get this straight. You downloaded this entire game...for free. You created a character...for free. You get to log into the world and kill things and do quests...for free. You are complaining that a non-essential game system is not also free? Entitled much? 

This reminds me of being behind someone in the checkout at a store and listening to them complain that they cant buy a television or beer with their food stamp money.

Sad.

Well, I've already seen (somewhere else) that someone has already left this game because of this. Probably didn't feel like waiting to what else they would have had to pay for to get "normal" access to something. I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever seen such a thing, and I've been playing online for over 10 years and at least 20 popular games. Will be interesting to see what happens with this.

nothing I'd think.  Convenience features are behind a paywall.  Mail is ultimately a convenience feature.  So if the paywall policy is going to be strictly for cosmetic or convenience features, then keeping mail behind the wall would make sense.

To get NCsoft to reconsider, rather than simply complain, form some argument that shows mail is not a convenience but a necessity.

4 minutes ago, Akari said:

Well, I've already seen (somewhere else) that someone has already left this game because of this.

BnS is free. You do not pay for the client. You do not pay a monthly subscription. If making the use of mail a premium feature keeps the gold spammers at bay...then more power to NCSoft. Mail is not required to progress in this game. Those of you who do not pay a DIME to play this game give up your right to feel entitled to a mailbox or a wardrobe..or any other premium feature. Sorry that I am so blunt, but you sound ridiculous. 

Ok. Guys, guys.

Let's not be so naive. It's free, but because in this time and age making a not F2P or B2P game is a suicide. Unless you're WoW or FF it's just way too risky to going for the old P2P model.

It's a great game and we all apreciate the effort that the team is doing to making the game enjoyable for all. Yes.

But don't act like they're making us a favor or something.

And I'm still amused with the need to pay to mail. C'mon, IS hilarious!

14 minutes ago, Cyradus said:

BnS is free. You do not pay for the client. You do not pay a monthly subscription. If making the use of mail a premium feature keeps the gold spammers at bay...then more power to NCSoft. Mail is not required to progress in this game. Those of you who do not pay a DIME to play this game give up your right to feel entitled to a mailbox or a wardrobe..or any other premium feature. Sorry that I am so blunt, but you sound ridiculous. 

But it doesn't, and never will keep goldsellers at bay. Goldsellers will pay, and will even pay for premium access if there's a reason to (such as enhanced gold/drops). They make more than enough money to pay for anything a game requires a thousand fold. There is only one way to reduce bots and gold sellers, and thats with in-game employees handling them. The problem with that is it's expensive - and the reason why you see bots and gold spamming in brand new servers, days old. When a company choses to make the most common/average functions payware, you end up losing a vast majority of the players that show up at the start of the game . Eventually all you have is P2W and bots/goldsellers - and a company telling you to "report them", and then they delete the reports on a daily basis.

Paying for access to ANYTHING never stopped a goldseller/bot.

I've played games where the mail was open to everyone and my mail was spammed with gold sellers constantly on a few of them.

I've also played games where it wasn't though. But the gold sellers are so bad on here already, I can assure you it would be horrible.

I don't intend to spend money on the game. But I understand the reasoning. And I ever do decide to spend money on the game and use the mail feature, I know I wouldn't want it open to gold sellers.

This topic just comes off as really whiny and I think it's the reason so many paying players have so little respect for the free players.

Seriously. It's not just a game, it's a business. Servers cost money. Employees cost money. All of this costs money.

If you're not contributing any monetary value whatsoever, you're lucky you're even playing such a great game on such a great server.

Who cares about a stupid mailbox?

7 hours ago, YukiNagato said:

Sorry to bug in, but your own website states that 

but you can't send mail even to alts. If it's intended, then you should probably correct that page.

Hey there - I just sent this over to be investigated. We have to figure out if the game is wrong or the website is wrong. :)

30 minutes ago, Akari said:

When a company choses to make the most common/average functions payware, you end up losing a vast majority of the players that show up at the start of the game . 

I am not going to debate you on the gold spam issue, because I agree with you on most of your points regarding them. Making use of the mail system will not affect the sheer volume of gil-bots, but I know for a fact that I have played FTP games where mail was open to all and got literally SLAMMED with spam about gold in my in game mailbox. If it deters that here (I have yet to get any spam in my mail in BnS) I am 100% behind mail being a premium feature.

Again, the use of mail in this game is a luxury, not a necessity. I just do not see how we are losing a "vast majority" of potential premium users by making it a perk. People that are complaining about it (and the wardrobe) just come off as people wanting something for nothing.

Why not make it where you can 1-X mail a day so if ncsoft made it where you can only send 3 a day then you would have to pay i think that would be straight. It still have that "free" in there its just if you need to send more than the allotted amount you need to open that wallet hmm? ^_~ 

On 23-1-2016 at 4:15 PM, EhUEHUHE said:

Man you should be a polititian or something , straight up .

Wth is that supposed to mean? He just gave a neutral answer that anyone could think of without effort. Are you really that easily impressed or are you, more likely, a bootlicker...? Useless post is useless

42898000.jpg

It's to stop the gold selling spam, some newer games has this system and even has a system where they only let people who paid use the shout, faction, region etc chat to prevent the gold selling spam even more. You don't need to use the mail to enjoy the F2P experience, carry on.

Just now, Lioncor said:

It's to stop the gold selling spam. You don't need to use the mail to enjoy the game, carry on.

Well if you have more then one character mailing alternate items like a gauntlet or axe to them will hasten you play. Or having a shared bank with similar effects is a must. Tons of games have such feats and this one should as well. But I don't count on it. All the untradeable items thus far is infuriating enough let alone being forced to top up. Mail needs and downgrade as so to be in terms of a free mmo.

2 minutes ago, Shinjakku said:

Well if you have more then one character mailing alternate items like a gauntlet or axe to them will hasten you play. Or having a shared bank with similar effects is a must. Tons of games have such feats and this one should as well. But I don't count on it. All the untradeable items thus far is infuriating enough let alone being forced to top up. Mail needs and downgrade as so to be in terms of a free mmo.

You're spending time of your day to play a game, why are you rushing things when you have plenty of time? Join a clan, make friends and ask them to trade you or find someone who has paid and can mail you items you need. Or pay a small fee yourself and get rid of it forever.

For the bots they can put some questions (when u log in or when u use the mail or farm or playing without talking to anyone) exemple: 

what's the kkt of f(x,y)=x²+y²-xy :p (something very simple) if not answet after "t" time he will be disconnected

after "n" disco he will be baned for moment ez algo :p the mail is very helpful for exemple when u crafft soemthign and u wanna give it, u don't need to TP spend gold etc.. (and no need to talk about gold for the free account we are just... f***) bots are not arguments for me to block the mail for free accounts

For those complaining about it being free, yet you can't do certain things... How about you coming over to paint the interior of my house, and I won't pay you anything.

I guess you would complain if someone gave you a steak dinner that there wasn't any A-1 sauce.

If you want free... design, create, advertise... for free.

1 minute ago, Tayeb said:

f(x,y)=x²+y²-xy :p (something very simple) if not answet after "t" time he will be disconnected

Classic. High school required, hence 80% of the player base would be prevented from creating accounts.

Would be an excellent way to enforce the age requirement though. :D

Archived