Forums

Dealing with sins as a KFM

Aeryes

So I'm currently a level 25 KFM and having serious trouble versus assassins. I suspect I may also have issues against summoner but thus far I've only run into one. I'm an experienced pvper, I've played to very high levels in a lot of MMOs and whenever a game puts a difficulty rating on a class I always choose the most difficult. I know in most cases it turns out to be meaningless but in this case I can already see why people consider KFM the hardest class to master. Anyway my point being I know how to adapt and look at other classes skills to figure out how to counter them, but thus far I'm having no luck with sins.

I know low level pvp is inherently imbalanced but I'm still being completely dominated by fresh 15 assassins like it took them zero effort. I have no idea how im supposed to stop them having their way with me. I was having some issues with FMs too but I've since figured that out and now I tend to win vs them. As for blade dancer/master and destroyers I can almost always beat them even if they're 10+ levels higher. Assassins however just keep looping through the same b/s combo and I'm powerless to stop them. Am I just too low level to have a way of dealing with them yet or is there something I'm missing here? Also regarding stealth, I know you can see them while invisible and I know destroyers can attack them in stealth but everything I've tried as a KFM they just evade. Do I have some way of pulling them out of stealth?

Well a lot of the CC you need points for and early levels make it extremely tough to get all of those points I definitely recommend waiting even a few more levels to try and balance it out a bit more for yourself otherwise you will struggle.  Even with finally picking up Tremor at level 34 I'm still having quite a tough time combo'ing things correctly because I still don't have all necessary CC yet.  KFM unfortunately is one of the classes you really are almost forced to wait until level 45 to finally pick up all your spells remaining CC and points you need to be able to control fights.  Sin's are just one of those classes that even at 34 I still struggle with not having enough CC to control them long enough to deal damage.  I also recommend watching some of these videos.  He's an extremely good KFM and in the first 1-2 minutes in he actually says hey Sin is probably the toughest class to face off against as a KFM. 

Thanks that makes me feel a lot better knowing the class is just a late bloomer in the cc department. I've been watching a lot of vids and they've really been helpful in nailing combos. Even at this level I'm starting handle most of the other classes really well even when they're 10 levels above me. Guess I'll just wait a while and see if dealing with sins is any easier once I get closer to max level.

No worries it took me a while to figure it out myself there are like 4-5 different areas you have to go 3-5 points deep to be able to get all of the crowd control you will need bare minimum of something like 14-17 points give or take to be able to have the full amount of CC needed to have all the control you need.  Which that's a ton of points and that's not even including the points you need defensively or for mobility so ya don't worry as you progress in levels it will get easier and if you already have the basic mechanics you are going to be miles ahead of others.

Archived