Forums

Attack delay

Decelerator

So it takes almost 1 second for the attack to execute. Most of the times when I fight a boss and we were both low on hp, guess who gets killed first? Me. I should've been the one that attacked first but NOPE because I have to wait a WHOLE second. It's not just attacking, I can't dodge in time and even though I was clearly meters away from the enemy, I STILL get hit from AOE attacks. Wtf.

Please NCsoft, fix your game. At least TERA doesn't do this.

I don't mean to hint at anything here, but you could check your latency.

There was a small period of time while server was on heavy load and my skills took a second to cast, but it passed within a matter of an hour or so and has been fine ever since for me.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I don't mean to hint at anything here, but you could check your latency.

There was a small period of time while server was on heavy load and my skills took a second to cast, but it passed within a matter of an hour or so and has been fine ever since for me.

No, it has always been like that. The fastest was probably 0.6-0.7 seconds. They should actually properly optimize the servers for the players outside of NA and EU.

Just now, Decelerator said:

No, it has always been like that. The fastest was probably 0.6-0.7 seconds. They should actually properly optimize the servers for the players outside of NA and EU.

Maybe if you're playing from Australia, because it seems to be your latency. My skills proc and act near instantly on 70ms ping.

1 minute ago, Decelerator said:

Yes, I am. I haven't had this problem in years... until I played blade and soul.

Well, you can't expect too much connecting over this far of a distance. You can't just optimize "the server" to improve that, it's the whole connection line between you, or releasing an Oceanic server for which there are no plans yet according to FAQ.

All I can suggest is to try using a VPN and see if your latency improves. I imagine default routing from Australia to EU/NA isn't the best.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Well, you can't expect too much connecting over this far of a distance. You can't just optimize "the server" to improve that, it's the whole connection line between you, or releasing an Oceanic server for which there are no plans yet according to FAQ.

All I can suggest is to try using a VPN and see if your latency improves. I imagine default routing from Australia to EU/NA isn't the best.

Last time I used a VPN, it was for Phantasy star online 2, and it went terribly.

3 minutes ago, Decelerator said:

Last time I used a VPN, it was for Phantasy star online 2, and it went terribly.

Then use a different VPN. 

You need to help yourself before others help you - I doubt NC is going to make an exclusive lag-free fiber route from Australia to NA/EU anytime soon.

So it won't hurt to at least try using a VPN meanwhile, would it? And maybe putting some effort in it to get the best results. I don't see any other express solutions for your problem.

47 minutes ago, Decelerator said:

Yes, I am. I haven't had this problem in years... until I played blade and soul.

*Not sure if allowed or not*

If it's not allowed then someone who looks exactly like me uses WTFast (free trial for 15 days - i.e new gmail each 15days) to reduce their ping by half. You still cannot get American pings but heck, it's better than 400+.

Definitely not me.   <--- screen shot of ping change

Edit: Should add that the guy who this is not definitely also lives in Australia and experienced what you said above.

16 minutes ago, datklaus said:

*Not sure if allowed or not*

If it's not allowed then someone who looks exactly like me uses WTFast (free trial for 15 days - i.e new gmail each 15days) to reduce their ping by half. You still cannot get American pings but heck, it's better than 400+.

Definitely not me.   <--- screen shot of ping change

Edit: Should add that the guy who this is not definitely also lives in Australia and experienced what you said above.

Here's Q&A about using VPNs from support, from old CBT forums:

For the lazy: allowed, but not supported.

18 hours ago, CrazyTarget said:

I have the same problem with attack delays and I'm from Europe, playing on a Europe server and my PC is not bad at all... the game isn't well optimized 

its not about your pc that much. mostly the isp and the speeds you have do these stuff.

latency is a beachhhh. and it can be either your isp or somthing in your line. i would say its server fault but its unlikely. check out other players in your region maybe? that would help

11 hours ago, CrazyTarget said:

I just disabled ASUSGameFirstService and I didn't know I had to restart the system (yeah, I know, I'm dumb...)

After I did that, the game run pretty smooth, there are some lag here and there, but it's manageable 

Lol I don't even have ASUSGameFirstService. I don't have any asus devices.

Archived