Forums

Do the Devs care about the health of this game ?

Dradiinmmo

Long title i know. 

I understand that there are gold sellers and bots in all games, especially F2P games.

But i have never seen such a blight of Bots and Gold-Spammers like i have seen in this game. 

Anyone can do this, go to Everdusk and stand in front of the Bandit Hideout, does not matter what channel or even server, and you can sit and watch train after train of bots running in and out of this dungeon, other then it leading to a class quest with Hajoon i am not sure what else is in here for the bots but it is very prolific.

So how is it i can just watch this happen  day after day (check it when i do my dailies) and its still here. Why not have a CS person just pop in once in awhile on each server (every hour or so) and get rid of all these bots ? I mean if the bots have to go here to progress in the game, then it is a simple thing to just monitor this and ban hammer accounts.

This leads me to think that NCsoft does not really care about the health of the game, if they did, simple things could be done to prevent a lot of this, especially in this game where things are so gated and easily monitored. I think NCsoft wants the bots and gold sellers in game because they make money off them, this might have been a good idea in eastern markets, but it does not sit well in western markets.

Oh well i am sure this thread will get buried or even possibly deleted, but i had such high hopes for this game, i enjoy it a lot, but it is mired in some really bad developer choices, things i don't think they grasp when it comes to releasing in a western market.

For bots: I believe they should allow anothe report option being "Gold Seller" which then the moderation team sees their latest chat and bans them on sight permently. I also think if you are banned you should be IP blocked (this won't stop all, but stop a small amount of them). I am standing next to Bamboo coast and it is absolutely insane. I can't even report them because the chat is going way too fast. I also notcied I reported one in the morning and the same one 13 or so hours later was spamming still. I don't believe they have the moderation capacity to ban these players. 

I also feel a more advance report system may be helpful. Allowing us to add comments to the report system may allow staff to understand the ongoing issues.

With today being the 1 week anniversary of the head start and a couple days off from the actual launch i don't think they've had a chance to answer for the bots just yet. however thinking back to the not so long ago days of aion. your chat was consumed with gold sellers. I really do hope they at least minimize them in this game. Best answer I've seen and this goes for any mmo with this problem. Is add on a responsibility to any handful of gms to login to the game servers early in the morning watch the chat, and every one posting up "selling gold from X site" on the spot ban. 

10 minutes ago, Pride77 said:

With today being the 1 week anniversary of the head start and a couple days off from the actual launch i don't think they've had a chance to answer for the bots just yet. however thinking back to the not so long ago days of aion. your chat was consumed with gold sellers. I really do hope they at least minimize them in this game. Best answer I've seen and this goes for any mmo with this problem. Is add on a responsibility to any handful of gms to login to the game servers early in the morning watch the chat, and every one posting up "selling gold from X site" on the spot ban. 

Umm this game has been avail in other regions for LITERALLY years....  how is it so rampant here ?

As to the other replies, go to where i indicated and just watch the bots, how in the heck does this need to be verified when it is so blatantly obvious ?

The only way mass bans seem to help is if they also restrict your ability to use chat until you reach a certain level, otherwise it's pointless.  Honestly I'd rather they put chat behind a paywall than prevent f2p from sending any mail as they've done (considering there is no shared bank.)

• NCSOFT

Hi,

We certainly don't want bots in the game, they make the situation worse for everyone including us.

We are still actively working on more ways to combat the bots, unfortunately for our work to be effective it is also difficult to discuss this action publicly.

Ehh, I've seen a lot worse. And I really don't see the big deal. I am on Mushin, which is one of the most populated servers on NA, and all I have to do is block the initial wave of bots when I first log in, then maybe 1 or 2 every 10-20 minutes or so. I've seen a lot worse in other games, where they whisper spam AND mail spam you. This is nothing.

Archived