Scripts win / Game dead

Solareus

3 hours ago, Fade said:

I doubt there are many ppl scripting. And those who are prob aren't high elo.  Scripts rely on constant timing.   Latency varies daily.   It would take u longer to adjust the script everyday than it would to just get better at ur toon. 

Exactly this. Scripts also do not allow improvisation which is an important part of PVP in B&S and timing will also be set in stone. Even your most "reliable" combo will vary from one execution to the next depending on how quickly the enemy uses their roll or ground counter and many other factors. In addition, your fingers will become more reliable and efficient than a script once you get a feel for your muscle memory and how fast you can cancel animations, etc.

Just because you see two different people playing KFM do a 3rf stunlock on you after you blow your tab on a triple kick (for example), it doesn't mean they are scripting or cheating. As others have mentioned, there are mainstream combos for most classes with youtube video guides and such. It's common to see people go through a very similar combo because it's effective and/or because they learned it from the same source.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a PvP game like this, or Aion even, rotations are important. I'm not experienced in BnS at all, I only played Chinese and RUS servers on a BD to like, level 30. But it's easy enough to tell there are premptive combos that lead into strat.

You don't realize that you can dumpster a script without much effort?  People using scripts are a free win, the real issue would be scripts farming beans when the season starts for whatever items and be monetized on gold selling sites.

12 hours ago, Solareus said:

being that I'm owning in pvp , I dont think that is the case. I find the people with the most opposition, are those who use cheats.

haha, so lets get this straight. If they are killing you, then they must be cheating... jeeze get over yourself. Its a fighting game, people use the same combos, its really not that hard to combo skills.

I use the mouse macro  (Razer), you want to punish me for it?   Use mouse or keyboard macro, HotKey, or use nothing, what's the difference? I only use macro to ani-cancel. No one has advantage by using these things. Now go play and stop complaining, big baby. 

Razer FTW =D 

47 minutes ago, lFUNl said:

I use the mouse macro  (Razer), you want to punish me for it?   Use mouse or keyboard macro, HotKey, or use nothing, what's the difference? I only use macro to ani-cancel. No one has advantage by using these things. Now go play and stop complaining, big baby. 

Razer FTW =D 

if no1 had the advantage by using macro for any cancell then you wouldn't be using that would you? cause it seems that you can't do proper ani cancell without it thus having advantage over people who can't do it manually and still not using any macro...

On 1/22/2016 at 3:32 AM, Solareus said:

I was curious if Gamegaurd catches Autohotkey ? It seems that many players are already using it to create custom scripts for pvp matches.

One thing that kills pvp super fast for new games, is the lack of script detection.

Autohotkey is a plague, and it is already in full effect in thois game, please fix this.

I 100% agree. That said people are currently using autohotkey or razer synapse macro's to switch key settings because using left/right click has delay (so I switch to a setting that has R/T as my left/right click but for menu I switch back to normal). Probably 50%+ of all people using macro is just for this so until they fix it they probably can't publicly outlaw macro's.

That said they should 100% fix that delay (effecting a huge amount of people who don't browse forums or figure it out) and then publically outlaw all macro use (they did it in other games so I think it's only a matter of time).

4 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

LOL Solareus, you're just too much. Animation cancelling is and always has been the core of combat in Blade & Soul. Face it, there's people out there that are better than you. Git gud or go home.

i wonder if you ever read what people write,that guy didn't complain about ani cancel he complained about scripts that helps you wih that,considering you're defending all of this i assume you can't perform well ani cancel without script/macro. It is true that ani cancel was a core of B&S combat pvp and pve but this thread surely isn't about that. read next time before you write some stupid 9gag/forum warrior stuff like "git gud" how about grow up and start acting mature?

2 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

i wonder if you ever read what people write,that guy didn't complain about ani cancel he complained about scripts that helps you wih that,considering you're defending all of this i assume you can't perform well ani cancel without script/macro. It is true that ani cancel was a core of B&S combat pvp and pve but this thread surely isn't about that. read next time before you write some stupid 9gag/forum warrior stuff like "git gud" how about grow up and start acting mature?

Actually I have read all of the posts in this thread. It would seem that you failed to read this post(read before you decide to act so high and mighty):

On 1/22/2016 at 11:09 AM, Solareus said:

kk now we have animation cancellation to the exploit list,

Actually I can perform my anicancel optimally without the use of macros/scripts. It's called practice.

On January 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Solareus said:

kk now we have animation cancellation to the exploit list,

5 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Actually he did complain about ani-cancellation in and of itself.

Although I also hate the "Get Good " commentary, it's not productive as an argument. 

Hmm I will admit, Ive never really thought about this kind of problem.  I do find it odd when I'm facing a player who appears to have no clue what they are doing, never doing any combos, then they randomly dish out a bunch of perfectly executed combos last minuet, as if they flipped some magical switch that made them pro at just the right time. Is this common among fighting games? Perhaps as much as aim bots are common in FPS?

I  guess the only thing legit players can do is get so good that you can basically stomp anyone, even script users. In the end they are just lying to themselves, while you have the satisfaction of actually being good.

6 hours ago, TheEllimist said:

I 100% agree. That said people are currently using autohotkey or razer synapse macro's to switch key settings because using left/right click has delay (so I switch to a setting that has R/T as my left/right click but for menu I switch back to normal). Probably 50%+ of all people using macro is just for this so until they fix it they probably can't publicly outlaw macro's.

That said they should 100% fix that delay (effecting a huge amount of people who don't browse forums or figure it out) and then publically outlaw all macro use (they did it in other games so I think it's only a matter of time).

Razor synapse causes a known issue with Bns,  it crashes the game every 20-30 min.   Like clockwork 

2 minutes ago, AlienJay said:

Hmm I will admit, Ive never really thought about this kind of problem.  I do find it odd when I'm facing a player who appears to have no clue what they are doing, never doing any combos, then they randomly dish out a bunch of perfectly executed combos last minuet, as if they flipped some magical switch that made them pro at just the right time. Is this common among fighting games? Perhaps as much as aim bots are common in FPS?

I  guess the only thing legit players can do is get so good that you can basically stomp anyone, even script users. In the end they are just lying to themselves, while you have the satisfaction of actually being good.

This could be due to baiting your tab escape.. as most of these devastating combos aren't viable unless you can CC lock the opponent. Attacks/skill executions might seem uncoordinated and/or as if the player "has no clue what they are doing", but I assure you they do have a purpose.

8 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

Actually I have read all of the posts in this thread. It would seem that you failed to read this post(read before you decide to act so high and mighty):

Actually I can perform my anicancel optimally without the use of macros/scripts. It's called practice.

I did actually read it,doesn't really seem like complaining to me,just stating something considering he didn't know about ani cancel,whatever may be the case it surely didn't deserve a comment git gud,a true pro would just explain things to him. I didn't act high and mighty i acted like a normal person should,you're just a toxic player. But it seems you are getting better at normal talk,so good for you buddy :)

11 minutes ago, AlienJay said:

How bout this,  for the sake of shutting up the ppl yelling scripters  are cheating,  why don't u try it out and report back to us.   I'm going out on a limb and saying u can't get it to work multiple days in a row,  if at all. Latency in this game is inconsistent and u need consistent lag for a script to run without failure not to mention setup and positioning

Just now, Eladriel said:

I did actually read it,doesn't really seem like complaining to me,just stating something considering he didn't know about ani cancel,whatever may be the case it surely didn't deserve a comment git gud,a true pro would just explain things to him. I didn't act high and mighty i acted like a normal person should,you're just a toxic player. But it seems you are getting better at normal talk,so good for you buddy :)

a toxic environment (one that which was created by the OP) breeds toxic responses from otherwise "normal talking" players such as myself. He created a toxic environment therefore I felt he deserved a toxic response as I do not think he would otherwise grasp the concept. I digress :P lol anyways, yes I did get defensive as he is pointing fingers at anyone who knows how to anicancel and says they're probably just using a macro/script and that's why they beat me.

1 hour ago, Roxefeller said:

a toxic environment (one that which was created by the OP) breeds toxic responses from otherwise "normal talking" players such as myself. He created a toxic environment therefore I felt he deserved a toxic response as I do not think he would otherwise grasp the concept. I digress :P lol anyways, yes I did get defensive as he is pointing fingers at anyone who knows how to anicancel and says they're probably just using a macro/script and that's why they beat me.

Well in his defense there is large amount of people using scripts/macro in game and in PvP,you can actually easily see that in Arena thou,when someone is cancelling an iso fast and good yet his strategy and other skills are just wasted cause his relying too much on that only.,basically you see who is new to game and using something,cause every pro who mastered anicancel at least to some point can just wreck unexperienced ppl in the game.

He pointed fingers obviously cause he doesn't know much about the game and probably got mad about game,i'm not trying to start a fight or anything just my personal opinion is,if someone is inexperienced with something in this case about this game,why not trying to teach him about it? some advice or something.Correct him on the "right path" if you will. Not trying to sound all high and mighty,i just think people should be better to each others,just cause someone started at low lvl with you,doesn't mean he should get exactly that back at him if you understand what am i trying to say.

Had similar situation in a clan recently,every time someone complained about something in game,me or any1 less experienced we just recived bad,arrogant and egoistic feedback. Everyone just acted like pros saying get better,l2play etc etc,and yet when i asked normally for piece of advice like how to counter specific class in pvp..clan chat was silent and got ignored. Came to mind that all of them are just talk,not show..

On 1/22/2016 at 3:50 AM, Enhance said:

You can't really block all input simulators. If you block AHK players can find a different, lower-level input simulator. Heck, I even wrote one myself. Try blocking that one.

The idea behind it is that a simulated input can be made indistinguishable from a user input. AHK-blocking systems as of right now just look for the process running, as far as I know.

This is true. I can make my own as well but there is a way to block WinAPI calls in games so user made input simulators will not work. Or at least make the game crash.

1 minute ago, eyburv said:

This is true. I can make my own as well but there is a way to block WinAPI calls in games so user made input simulators will not work. Or at least make the game crash.

There is a free library for working with those signals on kernel level, before WinAPI processing. (Was a godsend when I was making my thing)

Pretty sure you can't block that.

17 hours ago, TheEllimist said:

never crashed it for me.

I had no issues in beta.... Live,  crashes like clockwork. Unplug orbwraver, uninstall synapse, no issues.  Sounds like u got lucky.  Did u stay up all night? 

Archived