Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

7 minutes ago, Yancha said:

You havnt been paying attention have you

Theres alot of it

screenshotting and ticketing wouldnt be as effective as right clock report harassment on a specific persons name

Ive taken plenty of screenshots already

Will probably send them in mass so they can read through each one and figure it out slowly

Yes it is. That is what i trying to tell you, but ignorant as usual. You only need 1-2 screen of a person  and they will investigate the chat of that person. I reported a few names in 1 ticket.

But if you had tried, you would have known that, instead you cry on thread on each others shoulders like babies and keep mumbling about that "chat report button" which i used for something else.

To report players attitude you have a special section in tickets section on site. Learn to use it.

zmfvyt.jpg

I keep repeating you the simple normal solution. But if you keep remaining ignorant, then you deserve your fate, stay in forum and cry while expecting other to do justice for you. Good day.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Doddger said:

As the title says the chat is extremely offensive and it should be monitored.

Some of the character names are offensive.

Is there a way to report players for abusive language/names ?

The chat consists of racial slurs, suggestions to other people of suicide and abuse.

I have even seen couple of threats in the chat.

I play on EU server Starfall Crater.

You do know there is a profanity filter for people who can't handle adult language right?

Lets make people gm's to hand out time outs? What do you kids think this is a private server?

The special snowflakes are now spilling into my gaming life this sucks. 

I loved the arguement about how anyone cant do or say anything without repercussion. Actually  there are repercussions if someone does something, in both the real world and in game, its in no way your place to pass judgement. As for say anything, well again, if they over step that boundaries that will be handled by the proper authorities in both walks of life. 

Dont like what someone's saying? *cricket*ing block them. Being targeted for abuse? Than report them through the ticketing system. 

People who cry about this stuff need to grow up as much as the people they're complaining about in lots of cases. 

Chat doesn't bother me. I have block, chat options and even the ability to remove everyone from game in the settings. I'd rather NCSoft hire people than player mods dispensing "justice" on people who disagree with them. NCSoft employees will chat ban both sides to remain neutral, player mods will turn it into one of the reddit SJW subs where one side is allowed to be demonized 24/7 and anyone who speaks up is chat banned, even long standing members of those subreddits get banned for disagreeing on a topic. Some people also want them to also have the ability to change names of other customers. What happens when one of the player mods decides to change Korean names because they feel its cultural appropriation? So someone has to sit there for a week with a crappy name chosen by someone who was biased while waiting on NCSoft support to change it back.

Account wide block and 200-300 block list would be good enough.

Here's what I do in almost all MMO's I play..mostly in F2P games like this.

1) Make a new chat window/tab

2) Set it to receive in PM's and system notices. Maybe guild chat if

3) Ignore the rest of the BS going on in faction and world chats.

Honestly, you are not forced to read their sh*t. Can it be offensive? Sure. Can you ignore it? Yes. It seems like people would rather sit there and complain than do something themselves. In a day and age where trolling is as common as bottled water, it's not going away.

As for offensive names, the game might monitor them as the game progresses in the area and deal with it. It's still new to most areas. I'd rather them deal with the current server issues than someone's name offending a few people.

10 minutes ago, Nekai said:

You do know there is a profanity filter for people who can't handle adult language right?

Obscene names and offensive chat are violations of the Rules of Conduct.  Having a "Mature" rating doesn't entitle people to post whatever they want and expect everyone else to deal with it.

Funny how it's childish to use adult language.

But seriously, today in faction chat, and I shit you not, for 12 hours--LITERATELY 12 HOURS!--people were regurgitating every meme that has ever existed but using Alienware computers as the subject. It's was a *cricket* phenomenon! But I guess it makes sense, it's a full moon AND five planets are in alignment this weekend.

I for one TOTALLY agree with you!

Tired of the over the top nonsense. Racism and all that ...anyone justifying, well......

In real life, it's true I can just ignore a person(like some are clammoring about). 

In game when your list ignore/block list is full, what then?   You say profanity filter?  I say there is nothing wrong with profanity, some are just choosing to say things that shouldn't be tolerated in real life or in game. How can anyone argue this?

Just give me unlimited block, eventually they'll all be on ignore island with no one to blame but themselves.  (Helps with this gold spammer garbage as well) 

A full block list is no fun to the eyes

Kids will be kids, adults will be adults simple. 

The game hasn't been out for very long yet, and I'm sure NCSoft is aware of what's going on, there's no way they shouldn't. At the same time before they make any changes, they have to consider how the changes are going to impact their business. A lot of these "kids" and "immature" people, are also probably the same guys who've spent a lot of money on this game lol. 

They have to find a way to keep both sides happy. And while the answer may be simple, it'll most likely still take time.

Guys... This is the internet.

I've yet to play a single MMO in the past 5 if not 10 years where global chat wasn't a cesspool.

You're in denial if you think anything different. If it bothers you that much, leave the global channels.

Offensive names however should be addressed, because you don't have the option of blanket ignoring those.

3 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Offense is never given, only taken... that being said, the chat should be cleaned up of gold sellers.

I don't mean to seem rude but this guy makes a point. Trolls are there for attention, giving them the attention is basically falling for the trap. 

44 minutes ago, Sadistiquë said:

Yes it is. That is what i trying to tell you, but ignorant as usual. You only need 1-2 screen of a person  and they will investigate the chat of that person. I reported a few names in 1 ticket.

zmfvyt.jpg

I keep repeating you the simple normal solution. But if you keep remaining ignorant, then you deserve your fate, stay in forum and cry while expecting other to do justice for you. Good day.

??????????? What is this crap?! I've reported 3 people and every single time I got the same exact copy-pasted message:

PQHYWGC.png

These messages couldn't be more different. I was told 3 times that I'm not allowed to know what happens to the offenders, and here you are getting affirmation?! The 3rd ticket I sent in I requested confirmation on whether something was a reportable offense or not and the question was entirely ignored! I still got that stupid generic message. Why do they say "this possible violation of the rules" instead of telling me if it's a damn violation or not???

Just now, Zaccea said:

??????????? What is this crap?! I've reported 3 people and every single time I got the same exact copy-pasted message:

PQHYWGC.png

These messages couldn't be more different. I was told 3 times that I'm not allowed to know what happens to the offenders, and here you are getting affirmation?! The 3rd ticket I sent in I requested confirmation on whether something was a reportable offense or not and the question was entirely ignored! I still got that stupid generic message. Why do they say "this possible violation of the rules" instead of telling me if it's a damn violation or not???

This is kinda an industry standard. I would assume its a privacy thing.

Just now, Quietness said:

This is kinda an industry standard. I would assume its a privacy thing.

The thing is I agree. I totally expect this level of "transparency" when it comes to this sort of thing. But here I am now seeing others send in tickets about the same issue as me and actually getting a legitimate response. What the hell.

I don't think there's anything silly about asking for some level of assistance with hate speech policing. If you can report gold sellers, why can't you report hate speech? I don't think the chat necessarily needs monitors on hand 24/7, but a better way to report would be appropriate.

As a woman, I find the chat windows to be hostile and overtly sexual beyond belief. And no, this is not my first MMO. Yes, I can choose which chat window to watch. Why should I have to cater to the trolls?  Why should we harden up and ignore people who are in direct violation of the ToS? Maybe they should read the conditions they agreed to and chill the f*** out.

Archived