Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, *cricket* said:

@Doddger how old are dude 9?? to sissy? if you find some names offensive dont play the fking game stupud c*nt ,

this is sopose to be a 18+ game but seems kids like you come and plays it >.>, 

what they need to do is monitoring c*nts like you and stop them QQing on the forums go do something else then kiddo

go and play my little pony or hello kitty jeez ....

lol here's a good example. G_G

Just now, Yancha said:

Translation

I want to keep doing this crap unmonitored and im too stupid to BS it on the forums so there wont be any moderation

Guarantee you these will be the same people a few weeks from now posting "WHY WAS I BANNED I DIDNT DO ANYTHING" rofl

I'm honestly surprised at some of the replies here.

If you are playing this game, you are likely 18+. If you aren't, then you are expected to at the very least-- have the maturity of someone who is.

This means dealing with people you don't like. I.E, the block system. I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Yes, you can argue that these people should be mature themselves; However, instead of complaining about it and hoping there's an eventual patch (which can take months or even years), it takes 2 seconds to either

1) Block Faction Chat 

2) Ignore it (personally what I do because some things can be quite entertaining) or 
3) Block the persons who offend you/ make you uncomfortable.

This should honestly be the end of this thread. That's why the block feature exists. The only real argument here is for the block list to be increased. Something I personally would be in favour of. 

You really only have 3 options here:

1. Make sure you don't see that chat.

2. Live with it.

3.  If you are offended by offended by something in the chat, that you think is inappropriate, just take a screenshot and file a ticket to support team. Who knows, you might be right and someone might get somebody suspended / banned.

At any rate complaining in the forums won't do you much good. Forums are as good as those chats right now, filled with trolls and hardly ever looked at by staff (I mean staff that can actually make a difference).

9 hours ago, Doddger said:

I dont mind queueing for a good game, but if that good game has a community that welcomes everyone by abuse, then its a no for me.

I will start disabling faction chat (Cerulean) because its just bad. I know and understand that MMO's have random people talking in chat, but usually when that happens theres a "Report player profanity/name" option. I agree they should put the report function earlier in game. From now on I will start blocking people more often and closing the chat, sadly thats the cornerstone of MMO's.

I am not mad, I am sad.

EDIT: Devs should choose some players to be a GM (Game Master). To monitor in-game chat and behaviour, they could issue chat bans or timeouts. Ofcourse they would warn the player first. Many games use this concept, I have been one. 

Terrible idea.  It means I have to trust players.  I hardly trust GMs after seeing people get friends who reported peoples names to GMs, just so they would get deleted and someone who reported the name could take it :p

And what's to be considered offensive name wise?  I know I find it offensive to see names like xXxPRODPSERxXx :p  

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

Terrible idea.  It means I have to trust players.  I hardly trust GMs after seeing people get friends who reported peoples names to GMs, just so they would get deleted and someone who reported the name could take it :p

And what's to be considered offensive name wise?  I know I find it offensive to see names like xXxPRODPSERxXx :p  

SLUTGIRL69XXX

WILLSUCKFORSILVER1

HORSEFUTA666

moonman

sunman

butthurtovernamesandchatman 

On 1/22/2016 at 0:18 PM, Celibi said:

I'm honestly surprised at some of the replies here.

If you are playing this game, you are likely 18+. If you aren't, then you are expected to at the very least-- have the maturity of someone who is.

This means dealing with people you don't like. I.E, the block system. I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Yes, you can argue that these people should be mature themselves; However, instead of complaining about it and hoping there's an eventual patch (which can take months or even years), it takes 2 seconds to either

1) Block Faction Chat 

2) Ignore it (personally what I do because some things can be quite entertaining) or 
3) Block the persons who offend you/ make you uncomfortable.

This should honestly be the end of this thread. That's why the block feature exists. The only real argument here is for the block list to be increased. Something I personally would be in favour of. 

Theres a difference between ignoring people you dislike and letting large amounts of blatantly racist commentary go unchecked

If you think maturity is letting anyone do anything they like in mass this way then you should rethink your definition

Im not trying to atack you but this is an issue

If it were just a few people itd be fine but that isnt the case here

Theres just too much of it to simply ignore

Otherwise im with you 100%

I just want to understand why you are expected to be "mature" once you get the big boi pants at level 18+ despite being rightfully offended. If anything the trashcans on faction chat should have their maturity questioned instead. 

Just because you are legally an adult, it doesn't mean you have to take everything and ignore it just to prove you are more mature. What's even more mature is trying to find a solution or talking about an issue without resorting to memes and other garbage. You can't keep blocking your problems forever.

Also vote Trump 2016

People can say "*cricket*" on the forums and in chat, but can't say words that are harmless (lol filter fail). racism is a common thing on the internet sadly and on mushin, between cerulean and crimson (Neither are the lesser of 2 evils) I just wish I couldn't join a faction at all.
You can cry first amendment all you want, but you're forgetting that NCSoft is a BUSINESS, and private property and whatever you say won't fly here, as it with that constitutional BS.
The fact remains that just because it's allowed and given the tools to avoid it (despite being against the TOS and lolblocktool50people) doesn't mean it's okay.

Then again, expecting maturity on the internet is like expecting world peace, it's not going to happen.

On 1/22/2016 at 1:03 PM, Celli said:

I just want to understand why you are expected to be "mature" once you get the big boi pants at level 18+ despite being rightfully offended. If anything the trashcans on faction chat should have their maturity questioned instead. 

Just because you are legally an adult, it doesn't mean you have to take everything and ignore it just to prove you are more mature. What's even more mature is trying to find a solution or talking about an issue without resorting to memes and other garbage. You can't keep blocking your problems forever.

Also vote Trump 2016

Choosing to actively deal with the issue in a way that serves well for everyone is immature?

Youre going to have a hard time convincing me of that

honestly, if you have a problem with the chat or a name, you could always just turn off that chat tab, block people, or just, y'know... ignore people with names you don't like. as far as the name thing goes, 9/10 times it's not anything all that offensive to begin with, anyways. for the chatting, just leave your filters on and fill up your block list and voila, you're set. :/ it is an 18+ game, after all, you're gonna see some things that you personally don't like, there's not any helping it. slapping a GM title on a few players would solve literally nothing- and i really don't trust there to not be some tumblrina with a GM title banning every little thing they don't like just because they personally don't like it. literally the last thing any server needs is somebody going ban happy because 'this in-game community should cater to me and i don't like thing, omg triggered!!!'.

On 1/22/2016 at 1:33 PM, ouija said:

honestly, if you have a problem with the chat or a name, you could always just turn off that chat tab, block people, or just, y'know... ignore people with names you don't like. as far as the name thing goes, 9/10 times it's not anything all that offensive to begin with, anyways. for the chatting, just leave your filters on and fill up your block list and voila, you're set. :/ it is an 18+ game, after all, you're gonna see some things that you personally don't like, there's not any helping it. slapping a GM title on a few players would solve literally nothing- and i really don't trust there to not be some tumblrina with a GM title banning every little thing they don't like just because they personally don't like it. literally the last thing any server needs is somebody going ban happy because 'this in-game community should cater to me and i don't like thing, omg triggered!!!'.

The issue is the chat gets flooded with it

Id love to be active in Faction chat without being bombarded by race conversation every time

Id love not having to listen to peoples responses to people they wont block

Its not practical when there are this many

Someone asked earlier if Brazilians are the only thing the faction chat talks about

It really is the topic of the year

11 hours ago, Ellz said:

Save the reports for gold sellers, otherwise you do even more damage in reporting people who use words that make you angry by taking the staff's focus away from REAL threats. 

You Hypocritical-politically correct people are the same that complain about censorship in this game and then scream on the forums to censor others when something you don't like appears in your face. 

Please don't give people lessons when you do not understand the rules.  18+ does not mean racial slurs, does not mean threats it doesn't not mean the Farwest.  You know nothing about the limits ALL online games have to legally abide to and they are limits and yes they are laws.  If names are offensive they can and SHOULD be reported, if racial slurs are expressed they can and SHOULD be reported and threats are expressed they can and SHOULD be reported.

17 hours ago, MelawenM said:
17 hours ago, MelawenM said:

I think this is purposefully misrepresenting what a lot of people in this thread have been saying. I haven't seen anyone defending the moral appropriateness of people directing abuse in the form of slurs/hate speech/etc. at others. I don't want to use your phrasing because "abusive words to put down others" could be construed a lot more broadly and could include pvp trash talking i.e. "git gud lulz," which while obnoxious, I wouldn't put into the abusive category. What I have been seeing is that people suggest that people should police the chat themselves by using the block feature + personal judgment/responsibility. 

These laws are highly dependent on jurisdiction, difficult to enforce, and usually there has to be a credible threat for law enforcement to act. Further, absent personal knowledge of a person, its very difficult to prove that the person actually intended to force the other person to commit suicide. 

Majority of the post present are them talking about faction chat and or Public chat not pvp it's pretty much laid out for you.

14 hours ago, Yancha said:

Its going to take a very large amount of reporting. I dont know about other servers but i had to stop using faction chat because i couldnt hold a conversation without racism popping up and taking over

The right click name fucntion only has bots and spammers as well

Could be more convenient

Just went to check faction chat

Still talking about how bad Brazilians are

it's called TICKET. And it only takes 1 ticket and prinscreens. But you are a bunch of ignorants who are too lazy to write a ticket, so you deserve your fate. Stop crying if your ass it's too lazy. 

So many hypocrites gathered in 1 thread, amazing

On 1/23/2016 at 1:38 AM, Sadistiquë said:

it's called TICKET. And it only takes 1 ticket and prinscreens. But to you are a bunch of ignorant who are too lazy to write a ticket, so you deserve you fight. Stop crying if your ass it's too lazy.

You havnt been paying attention have you

Theres alot of it

screenshotting and ticketing wouldnt be as effective as right clock report harassment on a specific persons name

Ive taken plenty of screenshots already

Will probably send them in mass so they can read through each one and figure it out slowly

Archived