Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

1 minute ago, Hoopla said:

It's the internet. There is no safe space or whatever here (unless you use tumblr). If you feel "triggered" (kek) or hurt from words spewed out of random strangers in a video game, just turn off your computer and come back when you have thicker skin.

Idk man... I saw this guy name KillYourselfYo and all the sudden I was like *cricket* man... Imma have to kill myself... Hahahaha are you people seriously that pathetic? 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only read what OP said. So i am just going to tell you this:

Yes, some inoffensive trolling, jokes, meme etc are not so bad, some people are to easily offended over silly things.

BUT when the line is crossed by racism, hate against certain nationalities etc. then indeed it's not fun and people need to learn some limits, because they are just kidding themselves thinking they look like some "cool" kids.

SO, do what i do. Take some simple printscreens and make civilized ticket.

I got a few people banned with this and it feels so good w/o them in chat.

It might take 1-2 days for them to investigate those people, but just have patience. Write ticket..and *POOF* If you do not report them and just block them it means you do nothing make them disappear, so you have no right to complain.

On 1/22/2016 at 10:09 AM, Himeiris said:

What if it is on  face book are YouTube

Reddit

are some outer MMO

if you can take a chat from a game

call your isp  and get rid of your internet

and of the love of god stay off the dark web

Reddit, Facebook, and YT all censor according to their rules things and are irrelevant to this situation. This isnt the dark web or 4 chan where anything goes.

Im trying to make a point that he internet isnt always open for anyone to say anything they want at any time. There are places for that

MMOs arent that place. There shouldnt be a huge crackdown on everythign everyone says at any time by any means/

At the same time there has to be some moderation to prevent large amounts of open abuse

Theres a happy medium that needs to be reached

On 1/22/2016 at 10:12 AM, Hoopla said:

It's the internet. There is no safe space or whatever here (unless you use tumblr). If you feel "triggered" (kek) or hurt from words spewed out of random strangers in a video game, just turn off your computer and come back when you have thicker skin.

Tumblr is ridiculous and everyone knows it. This isnt Tumblr

Im not personally offended by whats being said but that doesnt mean its ok to not monitor it

On 1/22/2016 at 10:09 AM, DabMarley said:

Sooooo we can say the N word on the forums but not *cricket*? What the *cricket* kind of logic is that? *cricket* NCSoft.

On a forum i made with a friend the only thing we ever censor is "Voldemort"

Its always changed to "He who must not be named"

7 hours ago, Doddger said:

As the title says the chat is extremely offensive and it should be monitored.

Some of the character names are offensive.

Is there a way to report players for abusive language/names ?

The chat consists of racial slurs, suggestions to other people of suicide and abuse.

I have even seen couple of threats in the chat.

I play on EU server Starfall Crater.

I second this, faction chat is a pain to read.

3 minutes ago, Quodaax said:

/signed /agreed

Really bad. The players know there's no way to report someone. Thing is, we shouldn't have to block these people, there should be an admin on each server keeping a eye on things.

You think NC Soft gives a shit? Look at how terribly they handled launch. As long as people keep logging on in mass amounts, they could care less about any of this.

7 hours ago, Kether said:

I have to agree, being from Starfall myself, it is hard to find any meaningful conversation opportunity, especially on Cerulean faction chat :D I remember making GRAVE mistake by saying that Assassin takes skill to play well in PvP - general consensus was that Sin is nothing else than RB+F and the class is for scrubs and I am bad person to even imply it takes skill to play. Needless to say, community looks like it consists of 10 year olds with meth withdrawal syndromes. It takes a while to get used to and turn off chat.

Cerulean is awful on Jiwan too.  I just got sick of it and shut it down.  The Region chat is better than the BS that goes on in faction chat.

7 hours ago, Rugba said:

Too many kids everywhere spamming their dumbass memes and twitch bullshit when it has nothing to do with the game and on top of that they are rude and offensive like you described, what did you expect?.

You can indeed report but there are only 2 options spammer/bot, report option becomes available at a certain level (20?) but I don't remember when it showed up, to be honest we should have the report function from level 1 with all these gold spammers and the rest, add more options to it too.

But sadly it doesn't seem like anything is being done at the moment, I reported a gold spammer for spamming+botting 3 days ago and it is still going strong.

Why have I not run into people like you more. All the twitch and meme crap is so damn gross. I say gross because I don't even feel like I'm talking to a human being. Just some idiot machine with a small pe... gear syndrome.

Yeah that is what I signed up for when I made the life choice to be a nerd... -.-

1 minute ago, HoleintheWall said:

Why have I not run into people like you more. All the twitch and meme crap is so damn gross. I say gross because I don't even feel like I'm talking to a human being. Just some idiot machine with a small pe... gear syndrome.

Yeah that is what I signed up for when I made the life choice to be a nerd... -.-

my sever got some bad memes as well like the Alienware 

Who gives a shit if a name bothers you. Look the other way and start running and voila your problem is solved. You can't ask for your life to be censored for you. You're an adult with the ability to understand that not everyone is going to be as empathetic or sensative as you and that's not your problem nor theirs, we're all unique right? Seriously though, this little girl shit needs to end.

there are much bigger things to worry about than this baby shit.

I got some people banned by making a ticket to report them, while you sit here complaining.  You could use that time to make a proper ticket. Instead, you complain that NC is not babysitting chat. Either make a ticket to report like other people do, or just stop crying while doing nothing.

Welcome to the internet. Firstly there is a block / report option and secondly you can customize your chat so that you don't have to read the chat. Thirdly, although I am not one of those toxic kids / people, I find faction chat hilarious and entertaining and the fun truth is you do more harm than good when you start moderating chats. It may be hard to believe but toxic social chats greatly increase popularity and there is a psychology to back this up too. If you are thin skinned or don't like it simply disable / block / report it. Games that typically moderate chats to death rarely ever succeed and gamers who are thin skinned never last long on the internet anyway.

1 minute ago, UsernameTaken said:

Welcome to the internet. Firstly there is a block / report option and secondly you can customize your chat so that you don't have to read the chat. Secondly, although I am not one of those toxic kids / people, I find faction chat hilarious and entertaining and the fun truth is you do more harm than good when you start moderating chats. It may be hard to believe but toxic social chats greatly increase popularity and there is a psychology to back this up too. If you are thin skinned or don't like it simply disable / block / report it. Games that typically moderate chats to death rarely ever succeed and gamers who are thin skinned never last long on the internet anyway.

I agree with you till a point, you ignore that some things have limits. Hours of spam about racism and hate/insults about a certain group of people that over exceed "joking" are not part of what you said. And do not hide behind having a :thin skin: Because that's exactly what yu have if you let some immature people make you disable chat. If you let some people lead you to the point to be forced to disable a chat because of them, then you're the weak one, Report them, and enjoy that chat the way you like while they cry they got banned . Taste of tears.

On 1/22/2016 at 10:55 AM, Sadistiquë said:

I got some people banned by making a ticket to report them, while you sit here complaining.  You could use that time to make a proper ticket. Instead, you complain that NC is not babysitting chat. Either make a ticket to report like other people do, or just stop crying while doing nothing.

Its going to take a very large amount of reporting. I dont know about other servers but i had to stop using faction chat because i couldnt hold a conversation without racism popping up and taking over

The right click name fucntion only has bots and spammers as well

Could be more convenient

Just went to check faction chat

Still talking about how bad Brazilians are

3 minutes ago, Yancha said:

Its going to take a very large amount of reporting. I dont know about other servers but i had to stop using faction chat because i couldnt hold a conversation without racism popping up and taking over

Really? I'm on the second continent in Old Man Cho and I've seen no bigotry thus far.

On 1/22/2016 at 11:38 AM, Eos said:

Really? I'm on the second continent in Old Man Cho and I've seen no bigotry thus far.

I dont know what the rules for screenshots are but if its allowed ill post a few, or you can add me on skype, if you like

Archived