Forums

Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tsukinoyami said:

I'm surprised you were able to catch all that aggression between all the spam of websites to scam players

HAHAHA! RIGHT?! Maybe if he/she spent more time leveling and farming they wouldn't notice the no-no words in chat.

Man you guys should see Soha crimson legion chat at night, the pure stupidity is mind boggling.

I'm used to it, having been a gamer since the aol text rp Rhy'Din days in the early 90's (we're talking 1991 here), it's only gotten worse.

Though at some point you grow up, you mature (most of us anyway) and you realize that what you thought was hilarious as a teenager is really offensive and would backhand your younger self for ever thinking it was funny.

The idiom "if I knew then what I knew now" does hold true.

You should see the amount of sh!t I get for being a black male gamer over the age of 30...whoo boy.

If I had to estimate the times I've been told "you don't type black", "like grape drank?", "like white women?", and other things I'd lose count within seconds.

Still not as toxic as Infinite Crisis chat during a match though.

Just now, Xerorei said:

Man you guys should see Soha crimson legion chat at night, the pure stupidity is mind boggling.

I'm used to it, having been a gamer since the aol text rp Rhy'Din days in the early 90's (we're talking 1991 here), it's only gotten worse.

Though at some point you grow up, you mature (most of us anyway) and you realize that what you thought was hilarious as a teenager is really offensive and would backhand your younger self for ever thinking it was funny.

The idiot "if I knew then what I knew now" does hold true.

You should see the amount of sh!t I get for being a black male gamer over the age of 30...whoo boy.

If I had to estimate the times I've been told "you don't type black", "like grape drank?", "like white women?", and other things I'd lose count within seconds.

Still not as toxic as Infinite Crisis chat during a match though.

You have been gaming before i was even born. o.o

5 minutes ago, ArclightSky said:

You have been gaming before i was even born. o.o

I probably have, my very first video game was in the 80's when nintendo came out. I've been into games and technology ever since.

Well tech before that, my mother has repeatedly told me I used to take mini screwdrivers and disassemble stuff as a toddler trying to learn how it worked. I can still remember taking two broken sony walkmans apart and swapping their internals until I got a whole one that worked before age 12. (I got grounded for taking them apart but hugged for saving my mom from having to buy a new one. Talk about mixed messages..)

6 minutes ago, KitanaAeon said:

You mean people actually leave faction/region chat enabled? OMG!!! /facepalm

Mine is still on because some time people ask real questions, and I like to answer.. aslo.. sometimes.. JUST sometimes faction chat can be entertaining when I'm not actively doing something

Just now, Xerorei said:

I probably have, my very first video game was in the 80's when nintendo came out. I've been into games and technology ever since.

Well tech before that, my mother has repeatedly told me I used to take mini screwdrivers and disassemble stuff as a toddler trying to learn how it worked. I can still remember taking two broken sony walkmans apart and swapping their internals until I got a whole one that worked before age 12. (I got grounded for taking them apart but hugged for saving my mom from having to buy a new one. Talk about mixed messages..)

Didn't know they had video games in the 80s. My first console was an Xbox 360... Didn't get into computer games until after i tried Pokemon Online a few years ago. x.x

I am the "Old Man" of gaming, my brother games too and he's a year older.

Most of us older gamers just play, we interact in chat and play the game.

But try to troll one of us and you're going to get a verbal torrent. (We have years of dealing with crap).

I'm rather sad that trolling has become meme repetitive spewing instead of the intelligent sabotage it started as.

Legit tech support "sir can you hit alt+f4 for me please" became "you should altf4 scrub!"

I like to think these "Trolls" panic when their comp BSODs and can't repair their way out of a paper bag.

1 minute ago, ArclightSky said:

Didn't know they had video games in the 80s. My first console was an Xbox 360... Didn't get into computer games until after i tried Pokemon Online a few years ago. x.x

They had games before I  was born, mid to late seventies if I recall correctly.

Ah pokemans, let me tell you about pokemans....Japan scored big with that one.

I can remember when pokemon didn't exist, 4chan wasn't around, youtube and google weren't even thought of..

Hell I can remember the sound of a 14.4k baud U.S. Robotics dial up modem, and when 1 Gigabyte of memory was a pipe dream.

I'm starting to realize what my parents mean when they say "Things were better back then", though I don't believe it was -all- better.

6 minutes ago, ArclightSky said:

Yeah. When they tell me "hit alt f4" I tell them i'm using a macbook even when i wasn't lel.

Oh gods mac products, so the reason mac wasn't popular was the asinine way they programmed their systems and their UI.

Having done tier 3 tech support for quite a few cable companies we would all curse when a tech called and went "Can't connect, followed the manual, they're on a mac", because we would have to put the call on hold and bring up the mac database. Which we didn't know by memory simply because NOBODY USED MACS except the tech ignorant and the music makers (and they had their OWN IT guys).

It's why I laugh when people tell me they like iProducts, because you're not going to fix them, you're going to pay apple a shit ton of money to replace it. (Hell they don't even design 'phones' with expandable memory slots because "we have the cloud, who'd want to keep their stuff ON their phone?").

23 hours ago, Yxion said:

In Poh crimson chat we talked about alienware for 12 hours straight last night.

It goes on like this all day in Master Hong's Cerulean Order faction chat... I finally got the opportunity to switch over to Crimson Legion, where it's not nearly as bad, but there seems to be a lot more gold spammers. I find them to be the lesser of two evils, as they are players i can block and remove from list after a certain amount of time. You'll never know when the alienware meme-ers will be gone, so you can only block up to 50 of them. They really need to get a grip on this chat, as it's not productive to the game, and takes away from the concept of Warring factions.

This game is 18+ with over exaggerated boob physics I have never seen before. I can't believe there are people complaining about the chat...did you really expect there to be more to chat than any other f2p korean MMO?  DW, I give this game 2 months before it's a ghost town.

Archived