Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

As the title says the chat is extremely offensive and it should be monitored.

Some of the character names are offensive.

Is there a way to report players for abusive language/names ?

The chat consists of racial slurs, suggestions to other people of suicide and abuse.

I have even seen couple of threats in the chat.

I play on EU server Starfall Crater.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really??? I've not seen any of that sort of chat on Wind Spring server yet...but that is really bad. If you right click on the names in chat I know you can block the person...I can't remember if you can report though :S (Sorry I'm at work so I can't check!) I would have thought you could report though... 

2 minutes ago, Kteehee said:

Really??? I've not seen any of that sort of chat on Wind Spring server yet...but that is really bad. If you right click on the names in chat I know you can block the person...I can't remember if you can report though :S (Sorry I'm at work so I can't check!) I would have thought you could report though... 

I have blocked them, but some people continue it defending their religion/ethics.

Theres no report option when I right click their name.

I was thinking changing servers, this server is toxic :/

Too many kids everywhere spamming their dumbass memes and twitch bullshit when it has nothing to do with the game and on top of that they are rude and offensive like you described, what did you expect?.

You can indeed report but there are only 2 options spammer/bot, report option becomes available at a certain level (20?) but I don't remember when it showed up, to be honest we should have the report function from level 1 with all these gold spammers and the rest, add more options to it too.

But sadly it doesn't seem like anything is being done at the moment, I reported a gold spammer for spamming+botting 3 days ago and it is still going strong.

I have to agree, being from Starfall myself, it is hard to find any meaningful conversation opportunity, especially on Cerulean faction chat :D I remember making GRAVE mistake by saying that Assassin takes skill to play well in PvP - general consensus was that Sin is nothing else than RB+F and the class is for scrubs and I am bad person to even imply it takes skill to play. Needless to say, community looks like it consists of 10 year olds with meth withdrawal syndromes. It takes a while to get used to and turn off chat.

In a game with literally no profane filter and age requirement, I do not think peoples names are an issue. Really, if you have a problem with them I suggest blocking them or faction chat in it's entirety. Personally in Yehara (Crimson Legion) faction chat, it can be quite out of hand, but I don't think anyone actually takes it seriously. That's my two cents, at least. I personally would rather focus on more pressing matters, like waiting in the queue. 

Only suggestion I can say aside from blocking said person is to make your own chat tab and only have whispers, friends, and clan chat show. Unfortunately, there won't ever be a shortage of people saying and doing things you don't like and the issue doesn't particularly break ToS. It's best to remove yourself and do your own thing than to try and change someone else :/

I dont mind queueing for a good game, but if that good game has a community that welcomes everyone by abuse, then its a no for me.

I will start disabling faction chat (Cerulean) because its just bad. I know and understand that MMO's have random people talking in chat, but usually when that happens theres a "Report player profanity/name" option. I agree they should put the report function earlier in game. From now on I will start blocking people more often and closing the chat, sadly thats the cornerstone of MMO's.

I am not mad, I am sad.

EDIT: Devs should choose some players to be a GM (Game Master). To monitor in-game chat and behaviour, they could issue chat bans or timeouts. Ofcourse they would warn the player first. Many games use this concept, I have been one. 

49 minutes ago, Doddger said:

I have blocked them, but some people continue it defending their religion/ethics.

Theres no report option when I right click their name.

I was thinking changing servers, this server is toxic :/

You should have a report option when you hit level 15.

You have the block feature for this. 

The games 18+ for a reason. If you get offended that's your problem. Unless someones directly attacking you with no way for you to block it, then you should consider seeking help from adults. 

Otherwise, BE the adult and block it. 

Save the reports for gold sellers, otherwise you do even more damage in reporting people who use words that make you angry by taking the staff's focus away from REAL threats. 

You Hypocritical-politically correct people are the same that complain about censorship in this game and then scream on the forums to censor others when something you don't like appears in your face. 

On 1/22/2016 at 4:06 AM, Ellz said:

You have the block feature for this. 

The games 18+ for a reason. If you get offended that's your problem. Unless someones directly attacking you with no way for you to block it, then you should consider seeking help from adults. 

Otherwise, BE the adult and block it. 

Save the reports for gold sellers, otherwise you do even more damage in reporting people who use words that make you angry by taking the staff's focus away from REAL threats. 

You Hypocritical-politically correct people are the same that complain about censorship in this game and then scream on the forums to censor others when something you don't like appears in your face. 

Whoa thats a twist of logic

I guess its ok to walk around with signs saying kill all fags and niggers and yell anything you want because the adult thing to do is ignore racism and ignorance as it spreads

The adult thing to do is to not go out of your way to pick fights with people just for being who they are

Seriously, step back and dont say things until youve counted the fingers coming back to you

EDIT

Sorry for the offensive language but that was really uncalled for

I grew up in the ghetto around all kinds of minorities and have seen and felt alot of racism so its not something i like to see.

Were too civilized for this to still be going on

4 hours ago, Doddger said:

As the title says the chat is extremely offensive and it should be monitored.

Some of the character names are offensive.

Is there a way to report players for abusive language/names ?

The chat consists of racial slurs, suggestions to other people of suicide and abuse.

I have even seen couple of threats in the chat.

I play on EU server Starfall Crater.

Indeed , we don't have ingame support so people are doing whatever they want and say w/e they like lol

WTB ingame GMs , I wonder how even the private servers have ingame GMs but here we don't have such thing lol ?

Welcome to the internet.

Just block the persons or not look at faction chat.

You're going to see a lot of profanity and such right now since there's nothing to "stop" them or discourage them.

Don't let the chat stop you from playing.

Just now, Telethia said:

Unfortunately Jiwan's Cerulean order chat is also pretty bad at times.

I left Poh because of how God awful they were, but Mushin is only SLIGHTLY better.

Everyone in Cerulean talks about Trump and shit and Lyn perversion or whatever.

We literally have someone named "MCdonalds Trump." I remember why I hate F2P games

but I play Maple Story and the community is more lit than this shit. Kinda a big turn off.

Just now, Mikhail said:

I left Poh because of how God awful they were, but Mushin is only SLIGHTLY better.

Everyone in Cerulean talks about Trump and shit and Lyn perversion or whatever.

We literally have someone named "MCdonalds Trump." I remember why I hate F2P games

but I play Maple Story and the community is more lit than this shit. Kinda a big turn off.

I would leave Jiwan but I have too much there already, so I just ignore faction chat the best I can.

I don't mind people goofing off and trolling, but when it gets too far it's just like.

A lot of the same people from games like Tera have come over to bns so I'm pretty much used to ignoring most of it. But I've seen worse on here so far. Somehow.

Why did I choose to play a game with 12 year olds? These kids can't possibly be adults...pffff

The game is 18+ with a block feature, why are we asking NCSoft to waste money paying GM's to work around the clock monitoring dozens of chat channels?  Faction Chat is global therefore it will be spammed until you block enough to get through the noise, that's just the way it is.  Grow up people and either block or leave the faction channel, this is a solution looking for a problem.  After you leave the first zone after 20 minutes in the game, the spam stops except for faction chat (which isn't useful ever anyway).  You act like this is the first game where you've seen this, I've played 8-10 MMO's and they're all like this all with the same solution (block, ignore, leave channel) that are all less calories burnt than complaining on the forum.

5 minutes ago, JayP said:

The game is 18+ with a block feature, why are we asking NCSoft to waste money paying GM's to work around the clock monitoring dozens of chat channels?  Faction Chat is global therefore it will be spammed until you block enough to get through the noise, that's just the way it is.  Grow up people and either block or leave the faction channel, this is a solution looking for a problem.  After you leave the first zone after 20 minutes in the game, the spam stops except for faction chat (which isn't useful ever anyway).  You act like this is the first game where you've seen this, I've played 8-10 MMO's and they're all like this all with the same solution (block, ignore, leave channel) that are all less calories burnt than complaining on the forum.

People just feel like complaining about anything and everything and want to be spoon fed when there's a "problem" at hand.

Easy solutions yet they rather feed the trolls or people causing the problem in faction chat then they want to complain about them later.

The logic of people nowadays, gotta love it.

Archived