7 Days to delete a character!?

Annila

Let me get this straight, you add servers to this game, and expect players to migrate to other servers to relieve server load, but then you have to wait 7 days to delete a character?  And to top it off, we only get 2 free character slots to Asia's 3?

I'm pretty mad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they assume that if you have a high level character, you won't be switching servers? That sounds logical, but still.
BTW, what level was the character that was taking you 7 days to delete? just out of curiosity.

My character is lvl 17.  It only took a couple days to get that high, and I just wanted to try out a class.  Now that I have a good idea of how the class plays, and the server I was on is one of the heavily populated ones, I figured I'd try another class on a newer server.  Guess I'm done with this game for a week, though.  Orrr I could just go back to the other games I was already playing because it's such a huge hassle to even log in to this game.  It's like this game doesn't want me to play it.

5 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

The time it takes to delete a character was implemented as a countermeasure to accounts being compromised.

We are looking at this closely and taking player feedback on board.

Trust me, you want to keep this in. 

Sega wanted to be all lazy and didn't have it... Until they had enough of all the people who deleted by mistake or got hacked etc wanting all back. 

Keep it in. Maybe 7 days is excessive. But at least 24 hrs past certain level is wise. 

You really need to ease off this at least for a few days. Locking people in to high population servers for a week just means the queues will not get much better any time soon. I made a new character on one of the newer servers and loved getting right in to play the game. I have another level 20 character I want to delete and just start fresh on the new server but being forced to wait 7 days is illogical at this stage in the process. You need to give people a week or so to figure out where they want to be before locking them in. 

2 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

The time it takes to delete a character was implemented as a countermeasure to accounts being compromised.

Probably  you may think about an insta-character delete with email verification. Without email verification keep the 7 days.

3 hours ago, SqL said:

I think they assume that if you have a high level character, you won't be switching servers? That sounds logical, but still.
BTW, what level was the character that was taking you 7 days to delete? just out of curiosity.

Except level 15 isn't exactly "high level", you can make that is a few hours.  There is no reason to have a pending delete period of more than 5 minutes.  If the concern is about hacked accounts and character deletion, that is why you have server backups.  A seven day wait period is beyond stupid.

3 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

+1 A lot of Games do this for the same reason Lock6 stated and i personally think its much better to wait 7 days for a character to Delete than having to go through Character Retrieval with the Support team because your account was hacked.

I agree with Liriq and Madrid.  It seems like this should be verifiable by other means e.g. email confirmation and not require the 7 day wait period, and such a period effectively prohibits the re-creation of any medium/high-level characters (or groups) on a server with lower population.  This only reinforces that the new servers really only benefit new players who don't have any existing commitments / sunk costs, and will not help any existing players (or friends of existing players) at all, as they'll have the same crappy queue times as always.

7 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

My feedback would be that you keep the 7 days (168 hours) for a lvl 1 character, then lessen the period required for deletion of character to immediate deletion at lvl 45 (0 hours). For this system to be able to combat gold sellers you can choose to go for an exponential distribution (see below).

exponential-curve.png

So in the beginning it still takes a long time but at higher lvls it gets exponentially easier to delete it. This graph is just an example.

7 hours ago, Annila said:

Let me get this straight, you add servers to this game, and expect players to migrate to other servers to relieve server load, but then you have to wait 7 days to delete a character?  And to top it off, we only get 2 free character slots to Asia's 3?

I'm pretty mad.

How mad exactly are you right now?

31 minutes ago, Mikhail said:

24 hours seems to be enough.

It gives people time to come back if they happen to work and stuff to see if they got hacked.

There is absolutely no reason for it to be a strong 7 days.

True. no more, no less, 7 days would be enough to think about deleting a character or not. 

I had a level 5 character and it took 10 minutes to delete it, so I guess it depends on the level the respective character is.

When a character reaches level 15 or above it will take 1 week to delete them. If they are below 15 it will take 5 minutes. The reason is to stop accidental deletion.

The time may seem long, but the fact support doesn't need to deal with a bunch of restore my character lets them focus on the more important things... like restore my item...

Eh, at least you have to be pretty positive you want your character dead to wait 7 days.

7 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Gold sellers who hack accounts do so to sell items for gold or use the character to farm resources and sell them on the market. They don't routinely delete the toons. Now maybe if you *cricket* someone off and they target and hack you your character might get deleted. But is this really a problem?? Am I missing something?

this is retarded. they dont want to deal with restoring characters? let them do what blizz did in wow. once per month u get a  free restore other than that ur *cricket*ed. the first week shouldve been no limits on deleted characters since everyone wants to try all the classes. and no 15 lvls doesnt really show u shit.

They're only doing it for those that have paid money for their characters to not be deleted right away and for people reporting bot accounts.  If you spent hundreds of dollars of a character I'm sure you'd be pretty upset if someone hacked you and deleted all of your stuff and had to wait weeks-months to get it back. 

If it really bothers you to wait  7 days, you're better off making a new account and starting over like that or spending 5 bucks for a character slot. 

Time or money your choice. 

Seeing as I have no open character slots because I'm waiting for level 15-20 chars to be deleted they need to implement some way to bypass the 7 day wait timer or make the level range higher. You can do 1-20 in like 3 hours chars below 20 or 25 should not have this ridiculous wait timer.

Archived