Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

Just now, Spyroxion said:

Erm I am for this bid system, I was asking AceNinja, I know that on this topic people who are against it are some low lvl people who haven't even tasted endgame

Ahh sorry.

That is my fault then. :/

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mishi said:

I've played JP/TW/and RU.

Been waiting on BnS for years. 

The bidding system is fine, everyone wins, even those who do not win the items get money from the person who won.

That means:

Person A won the item, so they pay out money.

People B,C,D,E,F get to gain money.

So A spends money lessening the money they have, and the rest in party gain money.

im think this spy guy is from maplestory or something that think blade and soul is a new game and all when it has been our for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, AceNinja said:

im think this spy guy is from maplestory or something that think blade and soul is a new game and all when it has been our for a very long time.

jesus have you read my last message? where I quoted my self talking about other servers? Have you at least read what we were talking here before you started posting?

4 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

jesus have you read my last message? where I quoted my self talking about other servers? Have you at least read what we were talking here before you started posting?

You should probably grip him like a destroyer and start smacking him in the head, telling him Wake up, Cricket!

2 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

ohh i didnt read the whole post which i just did. oppss i meant it aint fair period because not everyone know how to earn money or for people that just do quest after quest and not auction their items to make extra money.

I liked the bid system... If there's no one specifically going for what you need you get it for free (practically), and if not, everyone ends up getting some money for it. Its honestly a good way to KEEP people from having such deep pockets, if they drop large amounts of cash, everyone benefits, including the economy, I'd say.

I've certainly come to like it.

4 minutes ago, AceNinja said:

ohh i didnt read the whole post which i just did. oppss i meant it aint fair period because not everyone know how to earn money or for people that just do quest after quest and not auction their items to make extra money.

Oh no, quests totally don't give enough money to kick in game when you lvl cap. Oh no it takes so much brain power to think of such hard to do do plan to just spam end game dungeons, pass on bids and earn money. Oh no it's sooooo hard to earn money in this game. Poor new guys

I feel like some people have just run Blackram Narrows once, have been outbid on the item they wanted and came here to salt the ground b/c they had a better chance of getting it with need/greed. I don't see how anyone who got at least past Tomb of Exiles in this game could have anything against the bidding system. The only "fair" argument you could rise against it was its effect on economy and that's already been debated.

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

I feel like some people have just run Blackram Narrows once, have been outbid on the item they wanted and came here to salt the ground b/c they had a better chance of getting it with need/greed. I don't see how anyone who got at least past Tomb of Exiles in this game could have anything against the bidding system. The only "fair" argument you could rise against it was its effect on economy and that's already been debated.

And you ignored my GW2 point, like a proper idiot.

You can't dispute this system is inferior to GW2 where your loot is your own and tapping a mob also gives quest credit.

I love everything about it except it slowing down the dungeon process. Other than that I think it's awesome. Maybe they could increase the incremental bids as the time progresses to speed up the final price sooner.

5 minutes ago, Lephar said:

And you ignored my GW2 point, like a proper idiot.

You can't dispute this system is inferior to GW2 where your loot is your own and tapping a mob also gives quest credit.

I can't dispute this system is inferior or superior to GW2 because I haven't played GW2. If GW2's system is like the one from AK (everyone gets their own random procs), then I'd say it's about equivalent. I like this one more. 

I'm talking more about people who think this system is inferior to dice rolls and need/greed.

Rolling is boring and just as trollible with people just needing everything. At least with this system they have to put their money where their click is. Also getting money when you don't get an item is pretty sweet.

On 1/22/2016 at 3:23 AM, Militiaman said:

Dice roll - everyone has an equal chance to win something. 

Bid system - Person with deepest pockets wins everything. 

Naw, clearly balanced. 

It's balanced if you're not lazy as *cricket* and know how to use the marketplace.

It's unbalanced if you do everything but try to make gold through farming mats people actually need. Mats which you can easily get outside of dungeons because most people are too lazy to do themselves.

And tbh, I've never farmed anything besides my weapon. I always sell what I happen to have from drops and made over 2g from selling to the market starting about two days ago. So imagine farming for those mats and having a lot to sell.

You have to generally stand there and not move to the next part of the dungeon map to bid on the items.  How are you being trolled and how do you not have enough time to not look at the bids?

Also remember, those trying to troll you can backfire and end up giving you lots of currency for something they don't want :p

Exactly.  Yesterday I was in a group with two people who were very aggressive in their bidding.  EVERYTHING was an instant outbid.  In the middle of their bid war i simply added 2 silver to my bid, which was promptly outbid.  I made a fortune, or at least enough to buy the exact items I needed out of the marketplace while still turning a profit. 

Archived