Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

4 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Ok so look now, I went to Tomb of Exiles for daily quest and boss dropped costume. And hell I wanted it so bad. So I won it by bidding up to 1gold50 silver. My money disturbed to 5 people. They got good money, much higher from their lvl range bids from nothing. And they didn't loose any weapon, any accessory. Just they lost nice looking costume which has 0 impact to game. How is that a bad system? I got what I wanted, they suddenly got good chunk of money for their lvl.  All 6 people got something and it wasn't too shabby 

Nuh-uh, they didn't lose the costume, they just didn't receive one.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spyroxion said:

Well yes, but they got extra chunk of money right? Like I would be damn happy if this would have happened to me while lvling

I just added to your point. They didn't lose anything from running the dungeon.

As a general picture, when a costume dropped, everyone got 1/6 of it. You offered to buy each of the 5 remaining parts for 30 silver each, people agreed.

Just now, Laethiel said:

It is stupid, it promotes buying gold from those gold spamming farmers.

I don't see point of using this feature. 14g you earn by reaching max lvl and then 3-6g daily from daily quests + bids. Easy money, better spend that money for a costume xD

1 minute ago, Laethiel said:

It is stupid, it promotes buying gold from those gold spamming farmers.

Nope, it does not.

You get 25-60s from daily quests at max level so your point is invalid.

If anyone buys gold just because they're too lazy to play, they just shouldn't be playing and deserve the banhammer that's accelerating towards their faces.

Just now, Caladiel said:

Nope, it does not.

You get 25-60s from daily quests at max level so your point is invalid.

If anyone buys gold just because they're too lazy to play, they just shouldn't be playing and deserve the banhammer that's accelerating towards their faces.

Doesnt matter, My point is it is a system that rewards loot based on who has the most money to bid. So anyone who does buy thousands of gold will always be able to outbid you and you will see it is going to happen and it's going to *cricket* you off. mark my words.

I like this system, if you don't win the bid, you get more gold back than you bid (Always). In a win, the winner of the bid is paying the rest of the team for that item. 

If we go by the old need/greed system, whoever the RNG favors gets the item and the rest get absolutely nothing. Especially in this game, all items are useful for breakthrough and evolve, people are going roll need on everything. 

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I just added to your point. They didn't lose anything from running the dungeon.

As a general picture, when a costume dropped, everyone got 1/6 of it. You offered to buy each of the 5 remaining parts for 30 silver each, people agreed.

Actually it's 1/5. the 6th person (you) will be the one paying the rest of the 5.

3 minutes ago, Laethiel said:

Doesnt matter, My point is it is a system that rewards loot based on who has the most money to bid. So anyone who does buy thousands of gold will always be able to outbid you and you will see it is going to happen and it's going to *cricket* you off. mark my words.

No, it would not. imo

Let them rich people rage-bid against another rich guy.

Profit.

You don't need much from dungeons. And do not farm endgame-stuff with randoms. This is what a clan/friends ect is/are for.

People farming it and everyone is getting shit for a copper.

Easy

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

Actually it's 1/5. the 6th person (you) will be the one paying the rest of the 5.

Everyone (you included) got 1/6 of it in a 6-man party. You have an option to sell your 1/6 for whatever the highest bidder offers, or buying others' parts for a higher amount.

9 minutes ago, Laethiel said:

Let him bid his thousands, by all means, I'll enjoy the gold and just rerun the dungeon.

I still think FFXIV:ARR did it best - random dice roll, need/greed/pass options, need only available to classes the item is for and takes priority over greed, and rare items you already have can not be rolled for. The bid system doesn't seem all that bad, minus the amount of time it can take on bosses with 4+ desirable rare drops.

Bidding is like gamble

If you see a person that have their gear max out and need this item to breakthru, try to bid higher so u can earn some money off from them

Its a best way to make money!!

Even if they don't wanna bid and try to rerun it... wish them luck that gear will drop again for them

But that also doesn't mean someone else won't do the same thing just to get your money

I personally hate the bidding system for 2 reasons. 

the bidding takes away time from completing the dungeon and costs u money even more so when u are low lvl, it also allows griefing(like diong a bid when the timer is about to expire.)wich is never a good thing.

From my own expirience a need or greed system is the best since its all decided with 1 click and does't interrupt your dungeon run as much wich is better for everyone.

6 minutes ago, Weertangel said:

I personally hate the bidding system for 2 reasons. 

the bidding takes away time from completing the dungeon and costs u money even more so when u are low lvl, it also allows griefing(like diong a bid when the timer is about to expire.)wich is never a good thing.

From my own expirience a need or greed system is the best since its all decided with 1 click and does't interrupt your dungeon run as much wich is better for everyone.

Agreed, I don't get why people are defending this system. Need/greed/pass works just fine, this "innovation" is retarded. I don't want to have to buy my gear in an ebay auction.

The system is wonderful, everytime you get items or money. Cannot ask for more.

1 copper bid grief works only because you don't bid from the start what you really want to bid. I bid immediately half the auction price and see what happens, people that don't know pricing or dumb griefers will pass. And when I win I'll go to sell in market. Win-win.

RNG rolls are dumb.... Game isn't new. Strategy has been proven already. for FFXIV OMG yes gear... but  what about minions/mounts with randoms? OMG no.

Keep it this way. Why complaining? No group? I have a group and we are farming till it's dead.

The only thing where I did mass bid with randoms was for head acc. But I already had 37 gold to spend so idc...

Dont need much money anyway. Item-price will reduce to death.

TBH Im rather "farming" gold via random group than crafting. Not worth it.

Just now, Laethiel said:

Agreed, I don't get why people are defending this system. Need/greed/pass works just fine, this "innovation" is retarded. I don't want to have to buy my gear in an ebay auction.

You get your gear from the boxes, they can drop the soul shields too. I honestly don't get how you can oppose the system when at the end of the dungeon you get a personal goodie bag that can have EVERYTHING that dungeon had you would have rolled on outside a cosmetic costume.

Then there is the fact I make in game currency, the only difference between me and the rich is a couple of dungeon runs.  Outside some claim that the rich get everything, which btw why would you roll on ANYTHING you don't need. You have no other reason to keep the everything or nothing system that is need or pass.

I understand not liking losing bids, but pretending like you don't get that box at the end is denying a part of the system.

1 minute ago, Alison said:

RNG rolls are dumb.... Game isn't new. Strategy has been proven already. for FFXIV OMG yes gear... but  what about minions/mounts with randoms? OMG no.

Keep it this way. Why complaining? No group? I have a group and we are farming till it's dead.

The only thing where I did mass bid with randoms was for head acc. But I already had 37 gold to spend so idc...

Dont need much money anyway. Item-price will reduce to death.

TBH Im rather "farming" gold via random group than crafting. Not worth it.

Now that you mention it, with the marketplace being as limited as it is, getting a specifically random group and bidding in dungeons is a legit and fair way to make money. You basically sell your run for the money you get.

The bid system is the best thing since sliced bread, it changes a win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose situation to a winloot-winmoney-winmoney-winmoney-winmony-winmoney situation.  There is no legit reason to actually want a need/greed system over the bid system, hell the devs even posted a mathematical proof showing that the bid system statistically leads to you getting your desired items faster than a need/greed RNG system during the beta.

Hating on the system is just resisting change because it's change and has no merit.

Archived