Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Astride said:

I've yet to see a mob that drops money, Sir.
I'm more than a halfway to top level and they just started to drop useless trash you can sell. 
Maybe you are a premium member?

Also, what is wrong with WoW looting system? I've never seen anybody complaining about it to the level of opening a topic on the forums.

I do see coins popping up on my screen often after I kill a mob, they don't show up in the loot window but just an coin icon that appears on the screen.  Now I am a premium member and it says that it "increases gold" but I would assume that the mod first has to drop something before it can be increased. I mean if you take 150% of zero you still get zero.  Now I could could be wrong...

8 minutes ago, Astride said:

I've yet to see a mob that drops money, Sir.
I'm more than a halfway to top level and they just started to drop useless trash you can sell. 
Maybe you are a premium member?

Also, what is wrong with WoW looting system? I've never seen anybody complaining about it to the level of opening a topic on the forums.

It's not accounted for in the loot bag. It just says that you get xx copper from killing this mob.

Bid system is actually anti-pay to win depending on how you look at it. The more a pay to win player spends on a bid, the more money the rest of the group makes from that dungeon because the money from the bid is split. You want players to overspend on a bid, it'll only make the free to play playerbase richer.

15 minutes ago, Astride said:

Oh my god you are so I know nothing about this game but I know everything at same time. 

STOP COMPARING THIS GAME TO OTHER MMORPGS. WE DON'T HAVE SAME WEAPON/ARMOR/ACCESSORY SYSTEM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
God, kiddo. Look. At other MMORPGs, you buy a weapon,  simple low cost weapon, you upgrade it, enhance it as much has you need and then you sell to ONE person and then you go buy from other one your next weapon. Money is being trade by 2 players. In this system dice is working because playerbase is divided to 2: poor and unlucky people and rich and lucky. 
Now at this game we get weapon at lvl 3 and up to lvl 25 we get our accessories from quests that we use till the endgame. We just upgrade it. We can't sell it, we can't pass it to our other character. The higher you upgrade, the more upgrade fee is. 1g...13..20g and more more more. + the price you pay bidding on materials also needed. 
Now what happens here are few things: 1st - money distribution, in dungeon 1 gets the weapon/item, other 5 gets his money. Yes five people gets, not one. So even poor people can earn from rich man which doesn't make big holes between old and new players in this game. Now second thing that happens: money sink. that's right, ever heard of it? Some games do it to reduce generated money from nothing, daily quests in this case. Now you say mobs don't give a lot of money. GOOD! people aren't able to generate too much money from nothing and keep it for them self. Everything that rich guy makes, part of it gets disturbed to large amount of different players that he meets at dungeon.

You get my point now?

This system works here, because our whole game equipment system is not like any other MMORPG, especially WoW

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

"Some people like bidding to have a higher share"

So. Damn. What.

It's like you don't realize that bidding high is, again, a double-edged sword.

While the bidding is below market price of the item, even if the price gets raised close to it, you still get the item below market price.

If some oh-so-witty money-grabber puts a bid higher than the market price and gets passed on, you get a share of money for the item that's higher than it's worth.

So what if you need that Blight Lynblade that happened to drop from the blackram? You didn't do the dungeon alone. Put the amount of silver you're comfortable with paying for it. If some non-bladedancer raises it just to get more out of you, get free money.

You need to switch from the mentality that says "I need this item the most, so I should only pay 1 copper for it".

What's the problem with expecting class-specific item for free? You can't use them, you can't trade them, you can just disenchant them or use them to level up your own weapon. Accesories are another story, they could be made unique so that people who already had them won't be able to get them. 

I don't understand this economy. I just wanted a challenging experience in a dungeon and instead I find myself here complaining about the loot system.

Let's say that in a few years time when this game will fail, I'll come back laughing at all the people who thought this was a good looting system. Let the "new" factor go away and you'll see how many players will be left. 

Warcraft has a greed/need system and tokens, might as well dump your money there at least there's more concistency and fewer trolls.

4 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Oh my god you are so I know nothing about this game but I know everything at same time. 

You know nothing. Ygrette said.

If you don't know it, you cannot state a comparison. 
Sorry, your opinion is invalid.

Especially because you haven't read my older posts.. so, sorry, learn the basics of talking.

Just now, Astride said:

You know nothing. Ygrette said.

If you don't know it, you cannot state a comparison. 
Sorry, your opinion is invalid.

I think my opinion is more valid just because I reached lvl cap and you are still talking about copper bids

1 minute ago, Astride said:

What's the problem with expecting class-specific item for free? You can't use them, you can't trade them, you can just disenchant them or use them to level up your own weapon. Accesories are another story, they could be made unique so that people who already had them won't be able to get them. 

I don't understand this economy. I just wanted a challenging experience in a dungeon and instead I find myself here complaining about the loot system.

Let's say that in a few years time when this game will fail, I'll come back laughing at all the people who thought this was a good looting system. Let the "new" factor go away and you'll see how many players will be left. 

Warcraft has a greed/need system and tokens, might as well dump your money there at least there's more concistency and fewer trolls.

Nothing wrong with people being courteous and letting you have that item for free. It's a nice move.

But nothing wrong with people not letting you have it for free either.

It's wrong to -expect- it for free, or demand it to be so. But the good thing about this system is, you don't need to expect anything. With this system you win in any case - either the item, or the money.

And yes, I have absolutely zero clue why the ever-loving master Hong you're here complaining about a perfectly fair system instead of enjoying the dungeon and getting your money and items.

3 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

I think my opinion is more valid just because I reached lvl cap and you are still talking about copper bids

Are you new to mmorpgs? Look for Wildstar history, a few strong fanboys aren't enough to extend a game's life. You need people. Low level, high level. Doesn't make a difference. You need to attract people and they all start from being low level, Sir. 

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Nothing wrong with people being courteous and letting you have that item for free. It's a nice move.

It's wrong to -expect- it for free, or demand it to be so. But the good thing about this system is, you don't need to expect anything. With this system you win in any case - either the item, or the money.

And yes, I have absolutely zero clue why the ever-loving master Hong you're here complaining about a perfectly fair system instead of enjoying the dungeon and getting your money and items.

Because it's different from other MMO's. Cry babies are afraid of change. If a MMO isn't different = "OMG SAME CRAP AS EVERYTHING ELSE". If a MMO is different = "OMG BULLSHIT NOT FAIR I DON'T LIKE MAKE IT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE!".

1 minute ago, Astride said:

Are you new to mmorpgs? Look for Wildstar history, a few strong fanboys aren't enough to extend a game's life. You need people. Low level, high level. Doesn't make a difference. You need to attract people and they all start from being low level, Sir. 

Actually I've tried more than Wildstar and BNS. I've been playing mmorpgs for almost 10 years now. So believe me, I am talking with experience. And you are just like some kid who wants old system that he got used to. This game has so many different systems of everything so that put them together they fit nicely. And you are saying game needs low,high lvl etc... First get to know game. This game is all about endgame. Just endgame. lvl 1-45 is just like intro. This game is e-sport, there are world championships already. No one gives a damn about low lvls. There are video guides how to lvl from 1 to 45 in 15hours. You think someone will change games core for something like 15hrs of gameplay? Nah nah nah, things don't work this way. Especially at e-sports

6 minutes ago, Astride said:

if AT lowlevel playing you are bidding something, there is something wrong with you. you should just bid breakthrough items. and even those are not that much important considering that there is a high chance to get them in reward chests. so.what kind of bids are we talking about?

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

Because it's different from other MMO's. Cry babies are afraid of change. If a MMO isn't different = "OMG SAME CRAP AS EVERYTHING ELSE". If a MMO is different = "OMG BULLSHIT NOT FAIR I DON'T LIKE MAKE IT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE!".

If only this wasn't completely true.

My take on the matter is this, You can change the loot system, they are both implemented so getting rid of it is not really needed since all the party leader needs to do is switch it. I also like that people make in game currency from the person bidding, I don't have these issues with a gold buyer winning everything. I don't think you should assume that people willing to spend more for something than you are gold buyers.

Also for bidding, if you want something sometimes its best to toss a couple silver at it. just hitting bid without looking... its your own fault if you pay a gold...

1 minute ago, Shukran said:

if AT lowlevel playing you are bidding something, there is something wrong with you. you should just bid breakthrough items. and even those are not that much important considering that there is a high chance to get them in reward chests. so.what kind of bids are we talking about?

Look I'll tell you this, learn the game a bit. Reach end game, stay there for couple of days. And then  come back and post here. You will see everything differently. As I said this game is build around endgame. Even quest rewards shows that.  Til lvl 40 you will earn a bit more than a 1 gold, like 1g50s or so and from 40 to 45 you'll earn like 12g. So leave your copper bids behind, nothings gonna be changed for people like you who don't even know how the game works.

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You don't win "either way" because if what you want is untradable, you won't have it until the 100 times you have ran through that dungeon. 

Also, this is something in real life is considered to be horrible and I suppose nobody has gone looking fot Martin Shkreli case. He raised the price over a cure for AIDS from $13.50 to $750 . You people are basically doing the same thing and are ok with that. I would be kind of ashamed if I were you.

I'm kind of afraid of the humanity that populate those forums. I hope you won't receive the same treatments in your real life. 

im level 45 since last monday. still waiting for answer to my question

also, i spend almost 2 gold bidding ALL the pieces of the TOMB soul shield, which got salvaged 1 day later to blackram soul shield.

maybe , just maye, sticking to the post would not be that hard sometimes, instead of guessing.

@Yui Well, i like it aswell. I mean.. gold buyers are gonna get banned sooner or later. Sure, he or she may win the item bidding, but atleast he'll have to pay for it. I just go with my clan in full party all the time so we always go round robin on the loot.. and then make runs so everyone has what they want.

10 minutes ago, Astride said:

You don't win "either way" because if what you want is untradable, you won't have it until the 100 times you have ran through that dungeon. 

Also, this is something in real life is considered to be horrible and I suppose nobody has gone looking fot Martin Shkreli case. He raised the price over a cure for AIDS from $13.50 to $750 . You people are basically doing the same thing and are ok with that. I would be kind of ashamed if I were you.

I'm kind of afraid of the humanity that populate those forums. I hope you won't receive the same treatments in your real life. 

You do win either way, because the next time you can bid more.

I know about Martin Shkreli, and I fail to see how he even remotely relates to the topic here. If he took money from people for the medicine and distributed it to other people that needed the medicine? That's more like it. But, seeing the "Cure for AIDS", I can see you clearly know what you're talking about.

11 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Look I'll tell you this, learn the game a bit. Reach end game, stay there for couple of days. And then  come back and post here. You will see everything differently. As I said this game is build around endgame. Even quest rewards shows that.  Til lvl 40 you will earn a bit more than a 1 gold, like 1g50s or so and from 40 to 45 you'll earn like 12g. So leave your copper bids behind, nothings gonna be changed for people like you who don't even know how the game works.

I believe you quoted the wrong person.

@Astride You do realise you're comparing a VIRTUAL and a REAL item right? That's like saying : "I have a cure for cancer, which i'm not going to share since i didn't get my purple necklace from that dungeon. "

It's a system based to reward people who spend more time making money, i.e playing the game. Instead of whine about it you should just contribute. An economy is only as stable as long as there's a momentum of the money.. If i want an item, i'll big higher, i.e give money to the rest of the group to get said item.

You can go ahead and complain all you want, it won't change anything, it just makes you salty.

Ok so look now, I went to Tomb of Exiles for daily quest and boss dropped costume. And hell I wanted it so bad. So I won it by bidding up to 1gold50 silver. My money disturbed to 5 people. They got good money, much higher from their lvl range bids from nothing. And they didn't loose any weapon, any accessory. Just they lost nice looking costume which has 0 impact to game. How is that a bad system? I got what I wanted, they suddenly got good chunk of money for their lvl.  All 6 people got something and it wasn't too shabby 

I think it could be a decent system. I've seen MMOs make farming completely pointless because you have everything, and everything else is trash. I'd assume that if you being outbid on something you want then not only will you increase your chances of affording to win (sort of an almost guaranteeing getting the item instead of relying on RNG), but in time those items will go down as less people need said items. One thing that kills my enjoyment is heavy restrictions on how I can farm.

Archived