Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a funny feeling this thread is full of the people that get the whip lash by me xD

bid like crazy without looking at what the bid is, I'm gonna make you pay GOLD for something worth silver, only issue i have with the bid issue is the fact that it can take quite a while, making a quick run of a dungeon take alot longer then needed, maybe a "max bid" system? and if your the highest you win?

No.
Why? 

Everyone is complaining about the lack of gold-- my advice to you is this:

Level Up. 

Do your dailies.

They give you lots of silver and can easily accumulate gold. The bidding system is far better than a lucky roll, because one can actually control who gets what. Nothing in the game (at least, at the moment) is so "OMG OMAGOID I NEED THAT THING RIGHT NOW BUT THIS PERSON HAS MORE MONEY THAN ME UGHHHH" that the bidding system needs to be removed. If you don't get what you need the first time around, chances are you'll get it eventually if you continuously work at it. 

you cannot be serious in your thread.

let's troll:

you are a blade master and ultra rare gauntlet happens, there is a KFM in party:

- bid system: gold, gold, gold, ehy i want to troll you ok? i bid 20 golds. wow now everyone receive a part of it and i spent a shitload of money on a weapon i have to sell to what..10silver? deal.

- roll system: "i have an alt", rolling  higher number of KFM while everyone else skipped. ahahahah I TROLLED YOU HAHAHAHAHA

YEAH, it is fair!

have a clue OP

This looting system is awful, the economics of the game is awful too. Why shouldn't money be dropped by mobs? Why everything you sell to a vender is worth a copper and if it's an epic just 5 copper? 

This system doesn't encourages you to P2W, it encourages ppl to P2P, look at premium membership bonuses. 

Informations are so hard to find. I had to get here on the forum to know that I can bypass the istant delivery mail system. Nothing in the games points you there. 

You don't really craft either, you make orders that you have to pay for. Enchanting your weapon and accesories require other coppers and so on.. 

Also, to those proud keyboard lions talking about joining a clan and rule 101 of mmorgs: where do you think you gather people for a clan? They might be the same troll you found when you were not in a clan. And to those who likes the idea of rising the bid only to higher your profit: you are no different from Martin Shkreli on a lesser scale, at least he was bold enough to make it in real life, not just ruining a game to everyone else.

The need/greed system is a fair one, if you pair it up with a healthy economy. If mobs do not drop money and stuff is worth only one 1 copper then it's useless to ask for a change.

PUG group should be allowed to be fun, at least not a horrible experience for new players who runs a hundred times Blackram Narrow for their weapon only because there's someone who keeps outbidding you just for sake of money. You know there a trolls? You know rule 101 of mmorpgs? Then allow the class restriction to be chosen. 

I prefer PvE but here I've grown to hate party for dungeons. I might get to max level but if the bidding system persists I won't stay here for long. Especially if, like all korean games, there isn't a consistent end-game content. It'll will be just like another Tera, better optimized sure but more annoying. 

I find it really funny when people defending dice system talking about copper bids... Those are early levels... At high lvls bids go by tens of copper and even more instantly. People know the price they can and or willing to pay so it is waaaaaaaay faster than at low lvls. As I said before and someone else said - lvl up. Don't go judge the system before you reached endgame. In this game endgame isn't that hard to reach )and don't give me that crap saying i have few hours to play only, heck by playing few hours a day at this game you will reach endgame faster than playing few hours a day at other game). If you plan on sticking to endgame, there you will spend 99% of your gaming time. Endgame is what matters most in game. 

When you make suggestion think if GM will listen to veteran and endgame players, or people who just started game and have highest character somewhere lvl 25 and has no idea about the game.

Copper bids are bad, yeah right get to 45, I would love to see those bids there. And timing at 45 is faster because when you get some random stuff at middle of the dungeon people either pass fast or bid fast to move on, because all that matters for them is final boss drop.

Money does drop from mobs. And the bidding system is by far the fairest I've seen in a MMO.

If you run the 6-man dungeon and the item drops 6 times, it's fair to assume you should get one of them or its worth. Instead of relying on your komrads letting you have it, with auction system you can simply raise the bid to item's market price and either get 1/6 * 6 of its price, or the item.

People that sneak in "1 gold" bid inside are obviously trying to scam, but they're also doing it at a risk. You have 10 seconds to think of a bid, instead of spamming Y for every copper just put the silver bid in and be vigilant.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Money does drop from mobs. And the bidding system is by far the fairest I've seen in a MMO.

If you run the 6-man dungeon and the item drops 6 times, it's fair to assume you should get one of them or its worth. Instead of relying on your komrads letting you have it, with auction system you can simply raise the bid to item's market price and either get 1/6 * 6 of its price, or the item.

People that sneak in "1 gold" bid inside are obviously trying to scam, but they're also doing it at a risk. You have 10 seconds to think of a bid, instead of spamming Y for every copper just put the silver bid in and be vigilant.

Putting high bid on fast bid spam is like using a double edged sword... And guess what, there is going to be a topic where guy with 1 or 2 posts wil come QQing blaming the system because he put high bid, people saw it and passed and he lost all his money for worthless item

If it's copper or silver or gold, it doens't change the nature of man. Some people feel like bidding just to have a higher share, I don't think this change in end game content. From what I've read somewhere else it gets even worse for the reagents you need.

Also, do I need to remind you how Wildstar ended up? This idea that only a restricted part of the player base should be heard is frankly stupid, maybe anti-democratic too. You might have a strong core of fanboys paying the fees but it doesn't cover the costs. So if you let your new players have a bad experience, they might leave and not come back or they might stay but never invest in the game. 

The game won't stay open just with its strong fans, it needs numbers or it will close in a few year. This is rule 101 of working life, don't know if anybody here ever worked a day in it's life.

I love that system.  Dungeon-run with randoms and a  costume dropped I already had, people went crazy and I moved out with 11 gold and 13 silver or something which cost me 1 copper with my group earlier XD. Even low dungeons allow you to win some silvers.

And you are not restricted to do it once a day. Easy money if you're lucky with loot.

Could buy me some moonwater stones and outbit pohs hair another day.

But the thing I love most is the greedy factor of the players. People wanna have stuff asap.

If people don't win - they go to the forum and whine about how shit the system is.

3 minutes ago, Astride said:

If it's copper or silver or gold, it doens't change the nature of man. Some people feel like bidding just to have a higher share, I don't think this change in end game content. From what I've read somewhere else it gets even worse for the reagents you need.

Also, do I need to remind you how Wildstar ended up? This idea that only a restricted part of the player base should be heard is frankly stupid, maybe anti-democratic too. You might a have a strong core of fanboys paying the fees but it doesn't cover the costs. So if you let your new players have a bad experience, they might leave and not come back or they might stay but never invest in the game. 

The game won't stay open just with its strong fans, it needs numbers or it will close in a few year. This is rule 101 of working life, don't know if anybody here ever worked a day in it's life.

Ok I'll tell you thing - you are F2P scrub who ain't gonna support game in any way and just want everything for free. 
First time in my life I trie p2p and f2p version of same game (head start was p2p part) and never tried any p2p version just heard that communities are better there. And at this headstart I rushed to 45 and there was no scams, no issues, no one was complaining. If I could vote, i would deffinetely vote for this game to be p2p, because this system is made for Korean player base and p2p western base, just because mostly p2p players are more mature and grown up.

8 minutes ago, Astride said:

Also, do I need to remind you how Wildstar ended up? This idea that only a restricted part of the player base should be heard is frankly stupid, maybe anti-democratic too. You might a have a strong core of fanboys paying the fees but it doesn't cover the costs. So if you let your new players have a bad experience, they might leave and not come back or they might stay but never invest in the game. 

"Some people like bidding to have a higher share"

So. Damn. What.

It's like you don't realize that bidding high is, again, a double-edged sword.

While the bidding is below market price of the item, even if the price gets raised close to it, you still get the item below market price.

If some oh-so-witty money-grabber puts a bid higher than the market price and gets passed on, you get a share of money for the item that's higher than it's worth.

So what if you need that Blight Lynblade that happened to drop from the blackram? You didn't do the dungeon alone. Put the amount of silver you're comfortable with paying for it. If some non-bladedancer raises it just to get more out of you, get free money.

You need to switch from the mentality that says "I need this item the most, so I should only pay 1 copper for it".

..Yeah. If you guys think they'll change cause of EU, you're dead in the water. This is the way of the korean version, and they'll simply apply the patches over from there. Make some friends, go instances and agree on round robin. This system rewards players who craft/ do dailys and sells items on market. If you even think the sentence "omg buy gold and get all loot" , it will not go as you planned since; first you'll notice your items will cost wayy more. Second you'll be banned.

4 hours ago, Militiaman said:

I have run into a number of people that wait for 2 people to fight over and item then drop a gold on it and someone ends up paying a gold+ for something that was going for a few silver.

Then the smart thing would have been for both the previous bidders to stop and collect their share of the gold and have a good laugh next run when they buy it for a few silver.  Sure they system can be gamed but it i can be gamed by BOTH sides, you just need to be willing to work it against those trying to troll you with it.

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Money does drop from mobs. And the bidding system is by far the fairest I've seen in a MMO

I've yet to see a mob that drops money, Sir.
I'm more than a halfway to top level and they just started to drop useless trash you can sell. 
Maybe you are a premium member?

Also, what is wrong with WoW looting system? I've never seen anybody complaining about it to the level of opening a topic on the forums.

Just now, Astride said:

I've yet to see a mob that drops money, Sir.
I'm more than a halfway to top level and they just started to drop useless trash you can sell. 
Maybe you are a premium member?

I have premium, but that just means I get double the money from kills. If enable your chats, you should see exp and copper dropping. The amount is insignificant, but not "not dropping"

Just now, Shiraizen said:

Does the marketplace accept these 'poop coins' as currency? :o

Each gold coin is actually 1,000,000 poop coins. Everybody trades them unknowingly.

Seriously though, I'm not sure of it (would have to confirm), but the money on a character may or may not be stored as floating point value, but then truncated for display. So it's possible you have invisible poop coins.

I would hope NCsoft stands their ground on the bid system, its a total change from the roll system every game has. At first no one likes change, but that's just a part of this game that makes it unique and stands out as to why you should play this game instead of every other wow clone out there. i don't see the bid system as something you would have to buy gold for. i see it as "if you really deserve the piece, you have worked harder in this game then the next guy" buying gold is not the solution to this system rather the downfall, as well as a way for people who actually know this game to take the gold you just bought for themselves

Archived