Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

I don't know what to make of this bidding system, I mean, sure you "get" money supposedly but, in a very painful time consuming way. I have personally experienced having "upgraded" my weapon etc and was running low on funds. I thought well, may as well run Purple Poharan dungeon for the shields - forgot the name and too lazy to look it up. Well, each time that it dropped, I couldn't bid for &^%$. People were coming in bidding high which sounds absolutely nice (right?) Well, the problem is that gets divided into what, 5? So I'm walking away with maybe 10 silver.. per drop - lets say 4 drops worth that much so that is 40 silvers, whoopty-doo. If all the dailies are done and I've used that up for upgrading my stuff (I mean remember the breakthroughs and even to just sacrifice crap costs money 9 silver PER sacrifice and 1-2 gold + some copper for breakthroughs) then,  I would have to run that dungeon like 3-4 times just to have mayyyyyyyybe enough to out bid anyone. Then I am now again, back to square one with no money 'cause to unseal those &^%$# needs 3 unsealing charms worth 30 silver and 60 copper. I would have to run it again 3-4 (guesstimating) times just to get a chance to outbid someone of yet another soul shield and so on and so forth until I can complete it. That is to say if every time that I have the money the right ones drop, if not then add that up to the run.

The one way that I actually got 7 out of the 8 soul shields from Poharan was that, I didn't have the money to upgrade my weapon and I didn't want people e-peening on dungeons telling everyone that they need to "get better gears", so I just stayed inside E.Fleet Supply and killed every boss on every spawn. I spent 2 days doing that. I didn't party because then I would be back at square one with that freaking bidding if things drops so, I soloed it. I had RNG on my side because I got 3-4 off the bat. So when I finally did run the Heroic Poharan dungeon I only needed one and yet people were bidding like crazy. I actually got lucky and got the last piece with the reward.

Having said all that, when I did have the cash to bid and then I saw someone who clearly needed it and was trying to bid me I just asked if they absolutely needed it and then I would bow out hoping to give them a break. My last run was like that. I haven't personally had gotten that kind of break though from people even the ones that clearly only wanted the shield to roll a better stat than the ones they already have. Oh well.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I love the bid system actually. I only had 50 silver around level 30 and I love when people fight over (for example) the outfit for tomb of exile and they pay like what... 2 to 5 gold for cosmetics and I get money off it. The idea you should always have in mind about the bidding system is to make money off people because at some point, everyone would have the same items and you paid nothing for it haha.

On 1/22/2016 at 1:59 AM, Militiaman said:

I have run into a number of people that wait for 2 people to fight over and item then drop a gold on it and someone ends up paying a gold+ for something that was going for a few silver.

Well I guess whoever pays it got what they wanted.  I don't see the issue here.  Plus you and your group got the benefit of the distributed ingame cash.  

2 minutes ago, cloudz said:

Bidding system is 10/10. 

+1 for keeping it as one of the options. If people want to change it then they can in party settings so this is a non-issue IMO.

Yep you can change the loot features if you are the party leader.  If you don't like having it that way then change it.  Upper left hand tab where the party profiles are and where the exit sign is.

10 minutes ago, IceWyvern said:

Unless everyone has infinite money, it's not going to be a fair price.  Works the same way with economics too!  Who would've guessed?!

Say an item sells for 10G.

Player A has 10G

Player B has 1G

Player C has 0.8G

Player D is broke

A)  RNG rolling:

If you RNGroll it, every player makes 2.5G as the fractional profit of a dice roll.  [10 * 0.25 = 2.5G]

B)  Bidding System:

If you bid with the above 4 players, the item sells for 1G.  Player A makes 9 gold and everyone else gets 0.33S.

So how is bidding compared to RNG?

Player A:  +6.5G

Player B:  -2.17G

Player C:  -2.17G

Player D:  -2.17G

Bidding is clearly in favor of Player A.  Who so happens to be the richest player.  Who would've guessed.

Did you actually read what you wrote?

RNGroll only player A,B,C, or D gains 10G, there is no split what so ever, winner keeps all, say player C wins the roll.

Player A:  -10G

Player B: -10G

Player C: +10G

Player D: -10G

Player A still wins

Bid system

Player A: +9G

Player B: -9.76G

Player C: -9.76G

Player D: -9.76G

And if we look at their wallets

Player A has 9G

Player B has 1.33G

Player C has 1.13G

Player D has 0.33G

I'd much rather be 33S richer than just get nothing at all from a run and wasting my time entirely.

But for this is also ignoring that a lot of things that you will want such as costumes and heroic weapons are untradable, which means they basically have a market value of 0G because you can't trade them. Which means often times you'll be profiting from bids.

yes but as far as I know, what did you do for those 10Silvers? Run a dungeon that took like5-8Minutes to complete, are people really that lazy? Lmao, they didn't make it RNG because of how difficult it would be for you to get items. Yes there's 6 people in the Party

1-Fully Geared Looking for Costumes, or Mats

2-Missing # 5 or 8 Shields doesn't mind not getting anything else except that. (Which happens often)

3-Missing # 5 or 8 Shields

4- Missing # 5 or 8 Shields

5- Missing # 5 or 8 Shields

6- Missing # 5 or 8 Shields

7- Missing everything Just Started Dungeoning. Gets most things for free because other people don't need it. 

8-  Missing everything Just Started Dungeoning. Gets most things for free because other people don't need it. 

Parties are very often like this, in any words for 8-10Minutes of running 1 Dungeon you end up with free money and or the items you need. But to make the chances a 1 out of 6 chance to get everything how many times would you theoretically have to run to get everything you need? Too Much Which is why they made the bidding system. People won't get things they don't need( Most Things Are Binded ) So them not getting anything from the dungeon isn't the problem it's getting something you can't even use. You will just get rid of it. It's a different System that other MMO's Dont Have it's special. If you don't like it Quit the game. This is a concept that makes the game different from other games. The same as upgrading weapons and not having to farm for hours upon hours or pay up a massive amount of money to get gears. You are lucky. You can't complain until you've played other MMO's and see how good and how different the concepts of this game brings you. How many games have a Cross-Server Dungeon Where you can choose to play with people you've met from other servers. As far as I know non. Tera has a similar concept but It's not as good as Blade And Soul's Is. They have a number that you can ask from your buddy who'se from a different Server say #2000 you imput #2000 and BAM Your'e with your friend. So instead of looking at what you think is bad think how many times you'd have to run a dungeon until you get the weapon you need or, get 8 Shields. What like 8x15-25 Dungeons? BC Not every dungeon drops a different Shield. It's very consistant. So if your're complaining that you have to run a dungeon like 15-30times before you get everything you need then you should really go play other MMO's before you realize how beautiful this Bidding system is.

Love, 

CmdrKarnzu

This all comes down to being community friendly and by reading those in favor for the bid system it's not very hard to see why people dislike it so much. People should be aloud to pug and take their time when choosing a guild or clan or whatever because everyone has been in a cesspool guild at least once and it's the worst. If a weapon drops for your class but someone bumps up the price because now you are being farmed like a dungeon there is an issue. Also people should not be able to bid on something they can't use. But that's irrelevant as the system will just push new players away. Kinda like what happened to wildstar. This system will never be changed though, I'm just putting in my 2 cents and not acting like this is the best thing since sliced bread. It's good to abuse and that I will do until they change it but other than that this is just my opinion. The system is crap. 

I have not read the entire thread on this topic but I do have a suggestion that might help avoid trolls abusing this system , when a bid gets increased by 100% or more, there should be a small message or something that prevents other players from just continuing to bid without noticing the money amount. like a 5second cooldown or something, I also experienced a troll bid and lost a couple silver to it and considering how rare money is I can understand peoples frustrations.

The bidding system pretty much makes me not want to party in groups with random people. I've only gotten to Blackram Narrows, and we only pugged it a few times. The bidding situaton was confusing, people can roll on whatever they want and a lot of people don't seem to understand how it works and it just takes forever. The dungeon spawned mobs on top of us while an auction was going on, making it that much more difficult to try and figure out, and in the end it was like.. This would be easier if we just had some better options. 

A system I like is a simple, straight forward dice roll, with settings you can put in place. IE: Can't roll if it isn't for your class ( unless there is no matching class in party ), Roll Need if you need it, greed if you just need it as fodder for something, pass if you don't want it at all.

In out and done without wasting all this time of people bidding back and forth, or people running off ahead of the group if you and another person are in a bid war. Half the time even if I wanted something,  I just ended up backing out simply because I was tired of sitting there bidding, and opted to go in with myself my husband and a friend and just obtain the things we need that way.

As a side note, the Round Robin settings for loot is also pretty annoying. You can't even look at a box that drops if it isn't your turn in the queue, and people often miss things. You should be able to have it so anyone can loot the box, and it auto distributes to the proper person.

3 hours ago, Darshu said:

I have not read the entire thread on this topic but I do have a suggestion that might help avoid trolls abusing this system , when a bid gets increased by 100% or more, there should be a small message or something that prevents other players from just continuing to bid without noticing the money amount. like a 5second cooldown or something, I also experienced a troll bid and lost a couple silver to it and considering how rare money is I can understand peoples frustrations.

I don't think that's the issue people are having. I could be wrong but people are not happy with

a) running a dungeon and having to stop and wait for people to make the bids.

b) having to literally fight against your teammates for stuff that you need(other mmos a mage can't roll on heavy armor for instance, so if there is one heavy user he/she will get the gear by default and no one will eat your lunch for that. This game everyone can roll on everything.).

c) getting a small fraction of the money spent on the bid and there supposed to cool with that instead of the thing that makes them stronger.

Last but not least it forces you to rush and find a clan or guild that could very well be the pits. It's just anti pug, that's all it is. People being punished for pugging, but like I said I could be wrong.

On 1/22/2016 at 3:13 AM, Militiaman said:

lol, no. 

This system honestly screams to buy gold. 

Want that item? Buy gold and win it every time. 

GG.

Naw, not broken or a bad idea. 

Dice roll is always superior. 

Dice roll is the only truly unbiased RNG loot system, as long as the system takes into account the people who both can USE it and the people who actually NEED it. The system should be made such that, unless no one "needs" the item, the loot will ONLY be rolled on by those who actually need/can use the item.

No thanks, Keep it.

I don't mind profiting because impatient people want to pay tons of money for crap that's not worth it.

Ran tomb of exiles for a while last night, got everything I needed and only went down by 50 silver because the costume dropped and I wanted to collect it.

With a lousy need or greed system it would have taken me days for that.

My opinion is this:

Keep the bid system, as in pugs it simply means more $$$$$$$$. In premade groups however, give us the option to simply roll need/greed so that I don't have to bid against my real life friends. Who the *cricket* wants to get into a bidding war over pennies with their best friend? It's time consuming and inherently breeds resentment over the course of many loses.

13 minutes ago, FrostyOblivion said:

My opinion is this:

Keep the bid system, as in pugs it simply means more $$$$$$$$. In premade groups however, give us the option to simply roll need/greed so that I don't have to bid against my real life friends. Who the *cricket* wants to get into a bidding war over pennies with their best friend? It's time consuming and inherently breeds resentment over the course of many loses.

In a premade group you can change the loot option to a dice roll. So if you're running with friends you should probably do that.

The only issue is people like me enjoy "dropping" bids on people, Like people have already mentioned just artificaly inflating the price someone pays for an item because people are bidding on it, sometimes sneeking in a large amount. The system should pause bidders when a bid larger then twice the last bid was made, so people dont get *cricket*ed.

2 minutes ago, Jiynks said:

In a premade group you can change the loot option to a dice roll. So if you're running with friends you should probably do that.

o.O That would be cool for with friends. I love the bid system for PUGs but I spend most of the time duo or trio with people I know. I'll have to take another look. Thanks!

Archived