Prove to me that summoner isn't broken

Remeny

I just hit gold on my summoner and I'm having issues with Blade Dancers and Destroyers. If feels like there is no way to kite either class and both just CC chain you to death. If you disengage a destroyer they just leap to you and Blade Dancers just run around doing whatever they please because they deflect everything. Basically as a summoner my problem is I have one good CC break which is my 2, my F never works and most classes seem to bypass my block so I'm not really sure what to do.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/1/2016 at 6:04 PM, Rushiera said:

It will be amazing to see how many gutter cunts weebshits will rationalize "no really its all skill trust me bns best game" but truth is, Summoner WAS DESIGNED for noobs/female players, NCsoft said it themselves, thats why its so easy win, and you have no idea how bad class balancing is in this game.

Stopped reading after this, JAJ.

"Noob class" is an easy argument. I'm a male playing a summoner, so i'm a noob, seems legit. BTW, in PvP, the ones who i found easiest to kill are assasins, most of them haven't learn to deal with a summoner, about 90% assasins i fought kept playing with the cat without stunning it, just hilarious.

Game officialy launched in EU just right now. Wait for the balancing patches, lol.

I started out as a Blade Master, and I'm new, and I'll be the first to admit it, quite a noob at this point. My PC is not the best and I was constantly lagging missing blocks and combos which usually ended up as me dying. 

So I started a Summoner, and yes, we are OP af. But I will tell you right now, theres alot of classes that just don't know how to counter us, because we are super squishy, we're almost 3-5 hit deaths if  you know what your doing. KFM's that have a basic understanding of their class will own a summoner, same goes for a sin out of stealth, summoners usually screwed. Havent had any trouble with any other class. I like Summoner because ping and lag does not matter to me!!

We just have so much damage spells, the hammer needs to be tweaked from our familiar. 

Summs dont need really big tactics or ani cancels or anything... pretty much about F Root and LBM-RMB spam ... thats why is the easiest class to play... theres nothing complicated about them on basic modes, and they can do pretty well in an amateur way, other classes like sins reqs you certian level to uses the baises cuz they are not about spaming skills to burst down.... summoner is a very intuitive class (to for master it, you need same skills as for any other classes.... jsut that is easier to get used for new people) not like Sin or KFM that releis on Combing and animation cancels.

And just for note, all classes have problems dealing with Sins... but Summoners are the counters to them

44 minutes ago, Sargiron said:

Stopped reading after this, JAJ.

"Noob class" is an easy argument. I'm a male playing a summoner, so i'm a noob, seems legit. BTW, in PvP, the ones who i found easiest to kill are assasins, most of them haven't learn to deal with a summoner, about 90% assasins i fought kept playing with the cat without stunning it, just hilarious.

Game officialy launched in EU just right now. Wait for the balancing patches, lol.

To be fair.... Is true that it was designed for new players to get used and stick to the game faster (not like for example,. KFM that Reqs a muscle memory and fast fingers until you can play it on a decent level) and for women because of the cute look of the cat, and the simplistic way to play it (sexist or no... it is true that it was designed that way... blame the stereotype of woman playing video games.....) they said they created the summoner with that image in mind.

Well, that's why is labeled as "easy" class, but the statement "easy to learn = noob" is false, it's hard to master that frking cat (The one summoned). And it's a pure fallacy to say they are op just because they were designed "for noobs and women", as the author says: "Summoner WAS DESIGNED for noobs/female players, NCsoft said it themselves, thats why its so easy win".

It's easy. We have 5 days with this game running -> Easiest class owns.

PS: My Summoner is the cutest, no discussion. >:c

On 1/22/2016 at 8:26 PM, Pacifist said:

I'll take a swing at this. Currently the skill level of players that you are most likely to run into arena is pretty low because for most it's their first time touching the game. Hitting Gold rank is great, but is not that impressive. Rather than ranting on how broken summoners are, I would like to see some reasoning behind your thoughts. Here are my thoughts (bear with me, its late, I'm tired, if there are any inaccuracies please let me know)

1.On your Assassin are you pvping at max rank?

If not, that's the reason why they are so difficult for you to deal with. You simply don't have the skills to combat summoners on equal footing.

2.What are your tactics when you go up against one?

I always find that unless I'm playing on my LBM or Destoryer, ignoring the cat and focusing purely on the summoner works the best. 

When I'm on my summoner, what I find most infuriating are Assassins that Stealth -> Burst -> retreat. Summoners have a hard time rushing down, and Assassins have the tools to make their lives living hell.

3.Which part of the summoner match up are you having problems? If I recall correctly on this patch Assassins have the match up advantage of 70/30.

Since sins have stealth/cc/burst, navigating yourself around the cat shouldn't be that challenging. Main issue is predicting and counter grasping roots which starts the majority of summoner combos. 

4.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Bees are probably the only broken thing about summoners this patch, stealthed bees and animation canceling makes it disgustingly good

Sooooo yea, here are my thoughts at the moment. I'm sure i've left somethings out but chyea.

TLDR: I wouldn't call the summoner OP. but it does have some fault which in future patches are addressed

all im going to say is that theres a reason a summoner is the highest rated player right now lol. summoner is insane at lvl 45 with 50 points.  when we all at 50 than its a different story.

The level 50 patch will fix any issues regarding summoner class being percieved as "op" to the general public, the class is easier to get the hang of and easier because its 2v1 and your against low level who don't know how to fight 2v1 probably. Either way the statistics of summoners in high elo for all regions will drop a good chunk so just see how you do after the updated pvp. Basically you suck and the people you vrs suck more because you said its your first time playing means you by default suck versus experienced players and the people you verse just suck more, for now perfect your skills because 50 update will make you irrelevant.

First mestake ppl do is they atack the Cat and not the Master thats why they lose fast, for me summoners not that hard to win you just need to know wat they can do and not do like every game that you need to use your head to win you have to know the power and limit of your adversari if you go blind well you gonna lose most times.

On 1/22/2016 at 9:04 AM, Rushiera said:

It will be amazing to see how many gutter cunts weebshits will rationalize "no really its all skill trust me bns best game" but truth is, Summoner WAS DESIGNED for noobs/female players, NCsoft said it themselves, thats why its so easy win, and you have no idea how bad class balancing is in this game.

Lord almighty, but this thread and this forum are already goin' places and we're barely a week into launch.

Girls intrinsically bad at videogames. Sure, Cricket.

Everyone saying "Kill the cat and win game". Maybe i'm shit or something but by the time I kill cat i'm at 50% HP or less...

I don't think it's an OP class, since i can see how to beat it, I just think the learning curve is too easy when compared to other classes - i.e. allowing people who buttonmash and leftclick to play with the big boys.

In no way am I saying i'm any better - just stating that is what it feels like kids be doing on Summoner. It's the same story on FM as well, I think at least at the level I'm playing at there is no "skillful players", there's just a shit ton of people who've learnt how to leftclick spam and occasionally stun someone. The other classes I'm not struggling against, and I put that partly down to people not using combos correctly or *cricket*ing up, I do it too but I cant say any of the other classes are 'OP' at the level I play at.

I think that's an important point also - if you are talking about bronze/silver level - most likely FM and Summoner are going to have an advantage. Like a few other games I've played, range always manages to win against melee due to inexperienced players not knowing how to deal with it at that level. I'm currently at silver so i cant comment on higher, but I'd assume that at gold it's probably quite balanced all around, and at plat people probably complain about Blade Dancers or something.

On 22/01/2016 at 5:04 PM, Rushiera said:

Hmm hard to say which is the bigger retard for their comment tbh, the OP calling them "Cancerner" (spastic comment imo) or the *cricket*ing idiotic quote posted above

No wonder more people will play a KR/Cn game with an english patch rather than have to deal with your average westerner toxic gamer

with that said, I will put on my westerner gaming mindset for a seconds and say...

@OP you're a whining fcuker... L2P :) (edited for retard profanity filter lol)

On 1/22/2016 at 10:07 AM, Hazgaz said:

World Champion is not a summoner... just saying.

last i checked the World Champion is playing on a patch several ahead of ours. dont bring that bullshit to the table when that bucket holds no water. the balancing is entirely different in their patch.

On 1/23/2016 at 11:03 AM, LionHeart said:

This is the classic statement made whenever this topic on summoners arises, yes the champ is not a summoner, but analyze the summoner it self. As a class, its not a very attractive pick to Most players due to its overly cutesy look and the fact that your only summon is a cat. so naturally its gonna have a smaller player base. With a smaller player base its less likely someone godlike is going to play it. Also half the class is played by AI which in certain scenarios is unfavorable against highly skilled players, Championship Level. But the Class as a whole IS unbalanced.

The reason for this is because it is essentially a 2v1 no matter how you look at it, the cat isnt some dinky weakling you can just one shot at will, and it does TONS OF DMG, it has to be respected in fights. Even without the Cat the Summoner is still a threat due to its constant heals and range and sometimes unblockable/parry-able moves. If youve ever watched the summoners in the championship matches they often did really well, the only reason they lost is because the person fighting them did their best in keeping up with dmg and running out the clock knowing they did more dmg, but realizing it would only be completely healed in seconds. Other then that the summoners misplayed and got Aoe'd along with their cat.

The problem with Summoner is that if they choose to, they dont ever have to die if they only rely on their heals and disengage, while always having the option of high burst dmg with sunflower and pin combo. Because of this HUGE range of versatility and ability of self preservation is why Summoner is Broken.  I shit you not i have played pvp matches on Summoner on KR/JP/CN servers where i literally let them 1v1 my Cat while i sat off to the side...and still won (yes, with shit ping!!!). Basically the Ball is always in the Summoners Court as to how the Match will play out, its not about if you the person fighting the summoner is good, its about whether the summoner will *cricket* up. which is similar to Sins but Sins are forced to make mistakes as you pop them out of stealth. But this is poor Gameplay in general, a Class shouldnt dictate the flow of a match, Skill should

Summoner isn't broken or OP. People miss one important aspect of the duel. Anyone who isn't a summoner goes into the fight at an unfair advantage.  2 vs 1  It's simply not a fair duel.  Other region players probably don't play summoner in respect that it's not true 1 vs 1.  In that aspect, Summoners should only duel summoners.  If you want to have a respectable duel, make it true 1 v 1.

17 minutes ago, Hazgaz said:

Summoner isn't broken or OP. People miss one important aspect of the duel. Anyone who isn't a summoner goes into the fight at an unfair advantage.  2 vs 1  It's simply not a fair duel.  Other region players probably don't play summoner in respect that it's not true 1 vs 1.  In that aspect, Summoners should only duel summoners.  If you want to have a respectable duel, make it true 1 v 1.

Because 1 Summoner or 1 cat on their own is equal to one of any other class? This isn't 2 vs 1 - the familiar is an extension of the Summoner. It's a puppet.

Summoner has problems with balance at the moment, and I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. Whether or not it's a "2 v 1" is not one of them.

3 minutes ago, Magichan said:

Because 1 Summoner or 1 cat on their own is equal to one of any other class? This isn't 2 vs 1 - the familiar is an extension of the Summoner. It's a puppet.

Summoner has problems with balance at the moment, and I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. Whether or not it's a "2 v 1" is not one of them.

probably biggest bs i've read today :D

can cat do damage when summoner is cced? Yes.

can cat cc when summoner is cced? Yes

does cat dies in 3 hits? No

So cat is not an extension or other bs, its an another unit making fight 2 vs 1.

39 minutes ago, Magichan said:

The cat is a cat and summoner is a summoner.  (1 vs 1)  1 target vs 1 target.  Cat makes a 2nd target.  Cat is a companion, read the quest cricket.

4 minutes ago, Hazgaz said:

The cat is a cat and summoner is a summoner.  (1 vs 1)  1 target vs 1 target.  Cat makes a 2nd target.  Cat is a companion, read the quest cricket.

1 player versus 1 player. Half my skills control one piece, half my skills control the other. Kill the one, Summoner is left with half their skills left (unless you let them rez it, which you'd have to be braindead to do).

This is how pet classes generally work. It ain't rocket science, and it certainly isn't 2v1.

On a side note, I've seen two types of players in Arena chat. There's the ones that cry OP, and the ones that look for spars vs their hardest class to get better. Seems most of the people in this thread belong to the former.

1 hour ago, Magichan said:

1 player versus 1 player. Half my skills control one piece, half my skills control the other. Kill the one, Summoner is left with half their skills left (unless you let them rez it, which you'd have to be braindead to do).

This is how pet classes generally work. It ain't rocket science, and it certainly isn't 2v1.

On a side note, I've seen two types of players in Arena chat. There's the ones that cry OP, and the ones that look for spars vs their hardest class to get better. Seems most of the people in this thread belong to the former.

Still missing my point.  People will not choose a summoner to become world champ, because of the stigma of pet class has a slight advantage in a 1 vs 1.  This isn't a tab target game.  During a normal duel 1 person vs 1 person, you focus on just one target.  I play Des and SMN quite well.  A fair fight is a fair fight.  

I think people have forgot what an honorable duel is.  

This is an honorable fair duel

Archived