Prove to me that summoner isn't broken

Remeny

Greetings.
So on my way to gold with my sin, I stumbled upon tons and tons of cancerners in my path, but I finally reached my end goal. Upon deciding to play more, I got matched against a cancerner 4 times in a row. I got so mad that I got a fever and had to skip school.
So, two days later (today), I decided to make a cancerner of my own, and see if it really is as broken and easy as I think.
The second I finished the trial quest for skillpoints I hopped into queue, here are my results;

3Hh7N8T.jpg

And

zQY0mSp.jpg
That's right, at just level 18 and 15 games played I got gold

THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME PLAYING SUMMONER EVER, I LITERALLY MADE THIS TOON TODAY AND I STARTED PLAYING THE GAME IN THE LAST CBT.
2 of the 3 games that I lost were against an FM and 1 was against a KFM.
Now, prove to me that this is a fair and balanced class that isn't toxic to the game or community in any way shape or form.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take a swing at this. Currently the skill level of players that you are most likely to run into arena is pretty low because for most it's their first time touching the game. Hitting Gold rank is great, but is not that impressive. Rather than ranting on how broken summoners are, I would like to see some reasoning behind your thoughts. Here are my thoughts (bear with me, its late, I'm tired, if there are any inaccuracies please let me know)

1.On your Assassin are you pvping at max rank?

If not, that's the reason why they are so difficult for you to deal with. You simply don't have the skills to combat summoners on equal footing.

2.What are your tactics when you go up against one?

I always find that unless I'm playing on my LBM or Destoryer, ignoring the cat and focusing purely on the summoner works the best. 

When I'm on my summoner, what I find most infuriating are Assassins that Stealth -> Burst -> retreat. Summoners have a hard time rushing down, and Assassins have the tools to make their lives living hell.

3.Which part of the summoner match up are you having problems? If I recall correctly on this patch Assassins have the match up advantage of 70/30.

Since sins have stealth/cc/burst, navigating yourself around the cat shouldn't be that challenging. Main issue is predicting and counter grasping roots which starts the majority of summoner combos. 

4.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Bees are probably the only broken thing about summoners this patch, stealthed bees and animation canceling makes it disgustingly good

Sooooo yea, here are my thoughts at the moment. I'm sure i've left somethings out but chyea.

TLDR: I wouldn't call the summoner OP. but it does have some fault which in future patches are addressed

It's just your typical cheeseball class that does extremely well in the median ranks. Once you master your class you shouldn't see much of an issue defeating them, however, this doesn't justify them being so strong when they really don't have to get too fancy to unload some damage on someone.

I'd say summoner is simply just not fun to face, rather than calling it completely broken, though.

Rather than complain about a class... Why not learn how to counter it? Summoner is not as godlike as people think. In fact your Assassin should be stronger. You're right the skill level to be decent at summoner is lower than Assassin. Doesn't make it any better or worse. Just means you need more time learning your assassin.

So with that being said... Stop making pointless posts and actually become good with your assassin.

In beta where the pool of pvpers was smaller and better skilled,  as an assassin I initially had issues with bd's and summ's.  Once I got to the point that the use of my buttons was reactionary rather than 'oh what's that move that goes xxx oh yeah and it's on button xxx *button press*' summoners weren't nearly as op as they first seemed.   Blade dancers on the other hand can die in a fire

Well, it's no secret that summoners are one of the strongest classes in the current level 45 patch.

I'm really salty about it too, but there's nothing that can be done. Just practice your class, and you'll be fine when the level 50 patch comes along to balance out things.

I believe the first issue is your point adjustments you may have done well with a few scattered points in skills but you would want to max out a skill

1. You're level 18 so your amount of points towards skills is limited possbly hindering the amount of skill usage and dps
2. Pressure summoners by killing pet.

3. Never get comfortable in a specific rank or streak wins because when you lose it will hurt the most
4. Stealth and go past cat

5. There will be another thread about how op destroyer grapple and blade master dps is for those that lose without forming a strategy and folks will spam for Nerf...soon all classes will be nerfed lol
6. Learn how to counter and dodge the roots because if no root they will have heavy issues running around
7. Summoners are good yes but not heavy dps like other classes that could wipe a summoner if played correctly. (it's a mid tier class once you get higher level things start balancing out)
Finally ten: If you know you're class but don't know your enemy you 'may' win, if you know you class and know your enemy you will win and if you don't know how to play your class and don't know your enemy you will surely lose - Art of War Blade and Soul version lol

Why are people so clueless and bringing up Korean leaderboards and their current patches when we are on level 45 patch?

A 70/30 doesn't apply pre-50. Summoners and destroyers are highly regarded as the strongest classes at 45. When the 50 patch comes it will balance out. What's so hard to understand? I'm hovering 1800-1900 as a Sin but at least Destroyer is able to be dealt with unlike (actually good) Summoners. Sleeping cat only works on bad summoners because they don't actually know what to do. Any good summoner will sit on top of his cat and still render me useless. A good turtle would knock out 50%~ of valuable stealth-uptime and trying to 100>0 a summoner with cat up has never been a viable idea without 360 stun. And good luck blowing a tab off a good Summoner without blowing your entire load rofl.

9 hours ago, Aer said:

Why are people so clueless and bringing up Korean leaderboards and their current patches when we are on level 45 patch?

Becouse arguing is pointless. People either should learn how to beat summoners or stop playing till level 50 patch.
Nothing is going to change by crying in the forums.

23 hours ago, Hazgaz said:

World Champion is not a summoner... just saying.

This is the classic statement made whenever this topic on summoners arises, yes the champ is not a summoner, but analyze the summoner it self. As a class, its not a very attractive pick to Most players due to its overly cutesy look and the fact that your only summon is a cat. so naturally its gonna have a smaller player base. With a smaller player base its less likely someone godlike is going to play it. Also half the class is played by AI which in certain scenarios is unfavorable against highly skilled players, Championship Level. But the Class as a whole IS unbalanced.

The reason for this is because it is essentially a 2v1 no matter how you look at it, the cat isnt some dinky weakling you can just one shot at will, and it does TONS OF DMG, it has to be respected in fights. Even without the Cat the Summoner is still a threat due to its constant heals and range and sometimes unblockable/parry-able moves. If youve ever watched the summoners in the championship matches they often did really well, the only reason they lost is because the person fighting them did their best in keeping up with dmg and running out the clock knowing they did more dmg, but realizing it would only be completely healed in seconds. Other then that the summoners misplayed and got Aoe'd along with their cat.

The problem with Summoner is that if they choose to, they dont ever have to die if they only rely on their heals and disengage, while always having the option of high burst dmg with sunflower and pin combo. Because of this HUGE range of versatility and ability of self preservation is why Summoner is Broken.  I shit you not i have played pvp matches on Summoner on KR/JP/CN servers where i literally let them 1v1 my Cat while i sat off to the side...and still won (yes, with shit ping!!!). Basically the Ball is always in the Summoners Court as to how the Match will play out, its not about if you the person fighting the summoner is good, its about whether the summoner will *cricket* up. which is similar to Sins but Sins are forced to make mistakes as you pop them out of stealth. But this is poor Gameplay in general, a Class shouldnt dictate the flow of a match, Skill should

I'm a plat summoner. I reached plat when I was level 43. I also know the fact that summoners aren't op. Literally all you have to do is knock out the pet or kill it, and it's basically you vs the summoner. The people that complain, are the same people who are silver and bronze. Just because you get gold on a summoner that is level 18 doesn't mean it's op. I got gold on my destroyer which is level 15. I achieved gold on my kfm that is level 19...Its a matter of talent. Summoners are easy to learn but hard to master. Every class is hard to master. If you keep complaining, you'll never be anything except trash at PVP. 

On 1/22/2016 at 10:04 AM, Rushiera said:

....but truth is, Summoner WAS DESIGNED for noobs/female players, NCsoft said it themselves, thats why its so easy win, and you have no idea how bad class balancing is in this game.

Also, where the hell did NCSoft say this? lol

On 1/22/2016 at 10:04 AM, Rushiera said:

It will be amazing to see how many gutter cunts weebshits will rationalize "no really its all skill trust me bns best game" but truth is, Summoner WAS DESIGNED for noobs/female players, NCsoft said it themselves, thats why its so easy win, and you have no idea how bad class balancing is in this game.

We were all newbs once. And Its okay .. girls are not that scary when you get older. You will find they can be quite fun.

Archived