Forums

Changing Servers

Ravem0n

Pay up....even though i think it is a stupid idea. They should have known to adjust these limitations to have a more effortless transition. There is no real instinctive to move unless all the characters are relatively low. 

"It's unfortunately not possible at this time. We have requested it, but the dev team doesn't have character transfers implemented - even in Korea, so they will have to build that out.
One of the reasons for this is that a lot of the endgame content is cross-server, so people don't feel as much of a need to be on the same server as friends."

quoted from ncstaff on reddit 

1 hour ago, Snowefox said:

Dang. My idiot friend JUST now told me, after I grinded all day getting all this awesome gear, that he's on a different server with his clan. So pissed right now.

Well, luckily, I was somehow able to catch up pretty quick, and reobtain all the cool stuff I had just obtained in my last server ^=^

My server (starfall) had a bugg that i dont know if all servers had where you could join the faction even if it was full.

So now my server is really *cricket*ed up with 10 times as many in Crimson faction as in Cerulean.

You cant do any faction stuff without getting zerged by 10 Crimson players.

Good luck farming soulstones...

I would like to swtich servers becouse of this becouse the server is pretty much broken, but it wont happen anytime soon i guess.

Bump

We definetly need the server change ability! The Spirit's Rest has already have queue because tons of players started their character in the "current newest" server.

As a software engineer I know that implementing this functionality is not as a big deal as NCSoft says. Especially if all of the servers are the same.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-01-22 at 7:02 AM, Hidaru said:

On 2016-01-22 at 7:02 AM, Hidaru said:

"It's unfortunately not possible at this time. We have requested it, but the dev team doesn't have character transfers implemented - even in Korea, so they will have to build that out.
One of the reasons for this is that a lot of the endgame content is cross-server, so people don't feel as much of a need to be on the same server as friends."

quoted from ncstaff on reddit 

I dont know why u say its impossible or need to b built in wich is not needed, since its an online game and all gear, items, etc on each character is saved in a database with sql.

This meaning its possible u are just to lazy doing it, i myself had own mmo game server running and know for fact u can just save the database info in an sql and run the sql in new server and voila everything u had on other server is now implented in new one .

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Display Name said:

My Server. Starfall Crater is basically empty. No one to beat the world bosses with.
Really wish I could change servers now. Unless... all servers are like this. 

Poharan and Mushin have a rather good population. Not sure about the other servers really.

They told on the producer notes, when they made that twice streaming days/week ago that server merge is not happening but player transfer is something they are working on. They have told this also some time before this letter.

But no one has idea when this will show up.

Many people are looking for this to change with friends or to a server with a more balanced faction.

But now that I think about it, if a whole clan switch to a low balanced server, maybe that clan will make faction unbalance real over there.

I hope they introduce server change. there is like no body on my server. Killing World bosses have become almost impossible. right i am so stuck at Hujikar boss to get Transformation weapon for my class

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/18/2016 at 7:46 AM, Zinsirath said:

I dont know why u say its impossible or need to b built in wich is not needed, since its an online game and all gear, items, etc on each character is saved in a database with sql.

This meaning its possible u are just to lazy doing it, i myself had own mmo game server running and know for fact u can just save the database info in an sql and run the sql in new server and voila everything u had on other server is now implented in new one .

What your explaining is: "Since its an online game and all gear, items, etc on each character is saved in a database with sql, it is possible. i had my own mmo game server and i know for a fact u can save the database info in a sql and run the sql in the new server and "ta da" everything u had on the other server is now in the one you want."

Wonder if this would really be a thing that can be done, would be funny if NCsoft and B&S was just like "oh yeah hey you can just take this sql, punch it in the crotch, maybe use this other program to shove it through a cheese grader, do this with the sql and shove it in a box and now your on the server your friends are on."  The only complication i can see is "saving the database info" since that seems to be something that could get you banned. You know, because of the EULA.

Basically if you want to change servers right now, you'll have to make a new character. Could someone PLEASE confirm or deny if paying the "premium" would allow you such a feature to change what server your character is on. Could be possible that there are multiple forums with similar titles covering the same situation that actually has a definitive answer. And yes, if i had money i would had volunteered to find out if premium would allow such a feature.

I am sad there is no youtube video on this situation even if just to have a video covering things you cannot do due to lack of features.

Archived