Suggestions: Clans

Sykess

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I enjoy GW2's guild system.

GW2 has a different problem. How do you keep people repping you. People join a could guilds and then they're just repping their friends guild for a "Little bit" and it spreads.

1 minute ago, Sykess said:

GW2 has a different problem. How do you keep people repping you. People join a could guilds and then they're just repping their friends guild for a "Little bit" and it spreads.

I like the fact you can be apart of multiple guilds rather than having all my alts kept in my main as a sub character, especially if my community decides to have two guilds to be on both factions.

On 22/01/2016 at 2:13 PM, Sykess said:

• Clan Log: Another suggestion. Since clans require a large amount of donations to progress a log so we can see who donates what, as well as other general things like members joining and leaving would be very helpful.

This. Why isn't such a basic guild feature implemented? No one is able to track who donated what, who came online regularly,  or who actually is just leeching off the guild by leaving their alts there. BnS PvE content requires group participation, which we usually turn to clan members for participation (Dungeons, raids, open world bosses). Leadership and more active players usually take the lead to start such groups to clear dailies or attempt group content. However it is difficult for us to identify those who had contributed more to the guild, and those guild hoppers just there to take what they need, and head off to another 'bigger' community after getting 'stronger'.

As leadership, it is currently a huge headache to implement any sort of regulation in the guild to attract types of players we are looking for, without a clan log of activity/donations/involvement on any guild aspect of the game to actually justify the 'type' of guild we are.

It might be cultural differences or what not, but for NA servers and international community, people are generally not so dedicated to one community and prefer to 'jump to the next big thing'. Guild leaderships hope to retain/reward those individuals who showed much more dedication, the current system has nothing to aid us in this. Wow... Disappointing... 

Oh and like others have brought up, we resorted to using excel sheets and tables to track activity/donations.

1 minute ago, SeroZeroes said:

This. Why isn't such a basic guild feature implemented? No one is able to track who donated what, who came online regularly,  or who actually is just leeching off the guild by leaving their alts there. BnS PvE content requires group participation, which we usually turn to clan members for participation (Dungeons, raids, open world bosses). Leadership and more active players usually take the lead to start such groups to clear dailies or attempt group content. However it is difficult for us to identify those who had contributed more to the guild, and those guild hoppers just there to take what they need, and head off to another 'bigger' community after getting 'stronger'.

As leadership, it is currently a huge headache to implement any sort of regulation in the guild to attract types of players we are looking for, without a clan log of activity/donations/involvement on any guild aspect of the game to actually justify the 'type' of guild we are.

It might be cultural differences or what not, but for NA servers and international community, people are generally not so dedicated to one community and prefer to 'jump to the next big thing'. Guild leaderships hope to retain/reward those individuals who showed much more dedication, the current system has nothing to aid us in this. Wow... Disappointing... 

Oh and like others have brought up, we resorted to using excel sheets and tables to track activity/donations.

Excel sheets for the win!

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Guild. Log. Can't stress this enough, this is so needed.

And add something useful in guild crafts maybe except stupidly expensive ungettable outfit.

And what's with the Clan Notice being shorter than a *cricket*ing tweet.

Beyond that the notice is VERY easily missed, which makes its use largely negligible.

I knew the clan system has poor management, you cannot see last login dates, i decide just use Google Spreadsheet to fill in levels and online (only when i am online and can see it) This way i have slight control over members who is active and who not.

When i don't see level progress, they will kicked. Chat active will also noted in sheet, so i know the player is active.

But i agreed: this game has poor clan management.

Clan/guild management is better in Swordsman and Skyforge.

AND I WANT ADD THIS TOO FOR CLAN SYSTEM:

But the topic is massive IGNORED by you.... seems no one want look in Bugs section. (some forums has Suggestion forum, but this forum has no Suggestion forum - shame you, NcSoft ... you don't need good ideas from us?)

I need Alt control system in clan system, because it makes waaaaaaay more easier for alts and me too as leader with my alts.

Friendlist is already shared and it will see even other alts.... so the game has already it built-in. Make it also useful for clan system.

Archived